Earth map, 18 civs, a story of a persian leader

Since it seemed impossible to launch a direct attack into Chinese territory, I redirected all my efforts towards what was left of Mongolia, after they lost their war against the Russian in 1500 AD (umh, seemed again like I was the one guilty for the sad Mongolian development, because I inflicted this war long ago on behalf of my ancient truthsayers…)

So what was left of the Mongolian empire contained only of 5 cities, with their strongest city encircled via Chinese territory (seemed they also got beaten long before Christ by the Chinese in the settling race… …and here I want to pronounce: I’m NOT guilty for this development, no one ever dare blame me, you understand!?!).

But back to my genious plan:

My basic plan was that by taking the remaining Mongolian cities, I would be able to split the Chinese lands into two isolated areas:

- Ancient China, which covered South Asia from India up to Eastern Russia
- New China, which was settled later and covered more or less most of Siberia and the Northern Part of Eastern Russia

To do so, we had to take all Mongolian cities within direct reach and then advance through New China towards the remaining Mongolian city encircled by China. Furthermore, we had to take 2 Chinese cities, one Northwest and one Northeast of the encircled Mongolian city to disconnect New China from Ancient China.

Then we would move in for New China and try to wrestle them down city by city. Cut off from their main territory, we should be able to do so, because the overall productivity in New China was quite low due to the rough landscape (mainly tundra) in this area of the world. After the loss of New China, we should finally be able to strike for Ancient China without to much risk….

Seemed like a good plan to me (and I even managed to convince most of my ministers to support me)…

pic. 90_1766 a.d. overrunning Mongolia.GIF

The first part of the plan was easy, as you can see in the picture above. Within 2 years, Mongolia was brought down to the city encircled via Chinese territory with our remaining modern armors (after the bulk of our army already had died in the first attemt to invade China directly, see previous storypost). We even left behind all artillery during the raids in Mongolian territory, to advance faster. But I was quite sure that we would need all artillery later, when we tried to enter Chinese territory again (what we did soon after…).

But again, we weren’t able to push our advance deep enough into Chinese territory…

…

After we had taken the Chinese city northwest of the Mongolian enclave (with extremely heavy losses: all artillery and 6 modern armors went down), we prepared to advance into the remaining Mongolian enclave… …we never reached it… …what remained of our army was slain by Chinese reinforcements, before we even could reach the outskirts of the last Mongolian city. The Chinese city captured was also lost soon after… …we should have razed it… …well, now I now better.

It seemed like China brought every unit they could spare to this front, so we had to face the facts:

We would never be able to reach the last Mongolian city. The hills and the rough landscape in this part of the world favoured the Chinese defenders too much… …and modern armors simply weren’t strong enough to take out a moderate defending force of mechanized infantry when fortified on a hill or in a city, even when we were advancing with superior numbers…

…

But one thing, I really was strong in, was my flexibility in changing plans (wow, this really sounds much better then “I made tons of mistakes I had to correct later”…)

So I changed my plans (again) after China had moved that much troops towards New China and Mongolia (ONE city Mongolia…)… …and ordered a new assault on Xian, the borderland city of Ancient China towards India (remember, this was exactly the place, were our main army was massacred in the last attemt to invade Ancient China... ...part of my plan was that the Chinese would never expect me to be stupid enough to try this suicide ride again).

So I mustered every unit I could and in the end, I was able to send 9 battalions of modern armors, 6 battalions of infantry and 7 battalions of artillery within the next 2 years towards Xian… …this may seem like a quite small army, compared to the losses we had in the previous attemt to take this city (11 battalions of modern armors and 4 battalions of artillery) but I thought that time was more essential then numbers this time:

I speculated highly on the surprising aspect of this attack. Therefore I wanted to strike out quick, while the bulk of the Chinese army was still far away, securing New China (= killing our army there and never expecting me to order another attack on Xian again, after they killed our roops there already in the past...). And Xian was also the Chinese city the farthest away from New China.

So the basic plan was, to take the city in a quick raid with the artilleries and modern armors and to secure it with the infantries contained in this army.

We couldn’t beat the Chinese army on the open field (umh, for this fact, we had now several proves…), but maybe we would be able to do some serious damage to them in another way, while they would try to retake one of their cities. This time, WE would try to use the territory and the city to OUR advantage. If they would recapture the city in the end, it would at least slow down their space ship production and reduce their overall production capacity (…IF we would be able to take the city at all…).

see you soon,

Snaaty

@ gunsnroses (and all):

Well, the end of this story became much longer then expected because I wanted/needed to describe some events more detailed then they were in my original (handwritten) writeups/turnlogs to better stick to the overall flavour of this story...

Concerning posts to come (untill end of story):

I think it will be two more, but good news is that the next one is already half done

Damn it finish it already!!!! I can't wait for the ending

When the next major Persian assault moved in for Xian (the one containing 9 battalions of modern armors, 6 battalions of infantries and 7 battalions of artilleries) we really managed to take them by surprise. We never even bothered crossing the river, to save us additional time. We simply bombarded the city with 4 battalions of our artillery and sacrificed the other 3 battalions in suicide attacks, to soften up the defenders.

Since we had to face only 4 battalions of mechanized infantry and 2 battalions of SAM infantry, we finally managed to take the city, after sacrificing another 5 battalions of moden armors.

Our army was moved into Xian and all units were fortified immediately. Our garrison forces in the hill city of Xian were (= what was left after the heavy battle for this city):

- 6 battalions of infantry (one with medic one)
- 4 battalions of artillery
- 3 damaged modern armors
- 1 modern armor with full health

Another 3 battalions of modern armors were on their way from India towards Xian, but since the Chinese cultural territory remained unchanged, it would take them 3 turns, until they would finally arrive in Xian…

pic. 91_1768 a.d. Xian finally falls.GIF

At around this time, our domestic advisor pointed out another negative side affect of this long and cruel war:

We were running broke!

Our meanwhile quite large army was costing lots of upkeep. To make things worse, we would have to raise our culture up to 50 % soon to keep at least some of our citizen productive…

So our domestic advisor brought up the idea of changing our government to police state and state property. He said that this would make our citizen much happier and also would reduce our upkeep greatly. That state property would reduce our upkeep I understood, but that police state would make our people happier (maybe he meant happy prison live… …or some sort of nationwide happy big brother events) …but well, he’s the domestic advisor and should now best.

I commanded to revolt towards police state and state property immediately the same day.

…

Just when the revolution had started I had to find out, that it would take 4 years (argh, should have checked on this BEFORE ordering to revolt…) until our government would be able to work again. And this meant no troops produced, buyrushed or drafted for the next 4 years…

…

When the defence minister came to me shortly after the revolution had started (in fact, he was quite furious… …perhaps I should have asked him before starting this revolution…) he informed me (=shouted at me), that the Chinese resistance was still not broken 8 long and hard years after capturing Xian. Obviously they were still coming quite regularly with moderate sized troops and were constantly trying to recapture the city.

I felt frustrated. It seemed that the only thing we managed to do within this 8 years, was taking the two Chinese cities (both quite unimportant) south of Xian. And this even didn’t remove the Chinese territory blocking our access to Xian… …and we had huge losses btw…

pic. 92_1768 a.d. China still not broken.GIF

To make things worse, the defence minister continued his report (at least now without shouting) and I had to hear:

“Well, dear emperor, since all our troops are engaged now in the heavy fighting with the Chinese, we had to evacuate Africa completely, except of the former Egyptian territory. If our intelligence reports are right, Monty indeed managed to get a solid foothold there, backed up with Japanese troops, and is continuing his settling policy. So far, 3 of his newly found colonies have been spotted by our spies, but we suspect to find more of his colonies soon.

And, dear emperor, I have some more bad news concerning Monty… ...Since Monty has captured Island and recently Ireland, more and more of his ships have been spotted in the sea-regions near England. And it seems that he has disembarked this morning 4 fully loaded transports in Scotland, directly near York. And, to make things even worse, our spies have spotted mechanized infantries now also among his troops”

“But we have our European defence force ready in Paris, haven’t we?”

“Umh, yes, we have 4 modern armors, 2 artillery and 2 infantry loaded in two transports, but there is another problem…”

“Common man, what is it”

“A quite big problem… …it seems like Japanese and Aztec are cooperating again and are timing there attacks. One of our cruisers has spotted a Japanese fleet on their way towards India… …we fear they are heading directly for Bombay”

“BOMBAY… …but… …but when they capture Bombay, our troops in Xian are cut of completely from all reinforcements…”

“Yes, dear emperor, this is exactly the problem we are facing NOW THAT YOU ORDERED THAT REVOLUTION WITHOUT ASKING ME AND WE CANNOT PRODUCE ANY NEW TROOPS IN TIME TO DEFEND BOMBAY… …But at least we are a little lucky here, since we managed to spot the Japanese fleet relatively early.”

“So we can sink them?”

“No sir, they are advancing with 3 transports and 2 cruisers, and we have only one cruiser in reach… …but they will need about three days (= three turns: one for sea-travelling, one for disembarking and one for launching the attack on Bombay) until they can finally lay siege to Bombay.

So if we would immediately disembark all our troops from the 2 transport ships in Paris, we would be able to reach Bombay at least with the 4 modern armors within 3 days (=three turns, thanks to railroads), the infantry and artillery would need one day more. Since the Japanese haven’t managed to produce mechanized infantry on their own up to now, this should be enough to fend off the troops contained in the 3 Japanese transports without weakening our defences in Xian to much…”

“But this would mean that we must give up Scotland and England completely.”

“Yes, dear emperor. Now YOU have to make a decision on this matter AFTER YOU ORDERED THAT DAMN REVOLUTION WITHOUT ASKING ME! Either we send our European troops to defend Great Britain (what was initially planned), or we use them as reinforcements against the Japanese. But you have to make your decision NOW, or we will be too late on BOTH fronts…”

When I dismissed my defence minister I felt desperate again (but not guilty of doing anything wrong btw). My thinking was more like this was again perfect timing and extremely good planning demonstrated by the coalition. They always seemed to be one step ahead of me…

…

But I had no other choice, the defence minister was quite clear about that:

So I immediately called the commander in charge of the European reinforcements and ordered him to leave immediately for Bombay, with all his troops. The modern armors would race ahead, the rest would follow as fast as possible.

Then I made another call… …a sad one… …and informed the governor of York that the city had to be given up and all our troops (one lonely infantry) were to be evacuated towards London…

Only 4 hours later I was informed, that the city of York was captured by the Aztec and that Scotland was lost. It seemed that Monty didn’t loose any time and was advancing immediately towards London. If he would continue at that pace, he would reach London within the next 4-5 days, so it was only a matter of days, until Great Britain would be lost completely.

But in fact, Monty didn’t reach London, before our revolution was through for 2 years (he got lost in the fog near London with all his troops for altogether 5 years, 364 days and 17 hours), so we took the chance to draft and buyrush some more troops… …but when he was finally closing in we only had managed to draft 2 more infantry and buyrush 1 modern armor...

So another decision had to be made:

Should we try to defend London with 4 infantry and 1 modern armor or should we also give up London without fighting? After consulting my secret service, I new immediately what was to do… …Monty was advancing with 7 artillery, 4 mechanized infantry, 3 tanks and 2 SAM infantry… we would never be able to stop him…

As a result, London was also evacuated and all troops were sent via transports towards Paris, before Monty could block the harbour completely. My plan now was, to draft as many infantry as possible in Europe and to muster a defensive force containing mainly of drafted infantry there. With about 20 of them, Monty would have to face extremely heavy resistance if he would try to capture now a city on mainland Europe next...

All modern armors and artillery built in Europe I would continue to send towards China, because I felt that I would need every single one of them there in the battles to come…

…

Well, in the end London was lost completely only 2 hours after our second transport left the harbour of London. Great Britain now was completely under Aztec control. Only good news was that by giving up Great Britain, we were able to fend of the Japanese invaders near Bombay without too many losses. Our reinforcement lines towards China were open again just in time, as soon as the revolution had ended.

see you soon,

Snaaty

This is good stuff Snaaty! Just found this today and its great!

Haven't posted anything in years, but have to say amazing! Enthraling! I love last ditch stands!

Can't wait to see the end!

been ghosting in these forums for some time w/o registering. but after reading this epic by snaaty (all in 1 day, while at work, almost ZERO productivity at work today :lol: ) i felt compelled to register and post.

GREAT WORK!! enjoyed it very much, can't wait to read the concluding episodes...

been ghosting in these forums for some time w/o registering. but after reading this epic by snaaty (all in 1 day, while at work, almost ZERO productivity at work today :lol: ) i felt compelled to register and post.

GREAT WORK!! enjoyed it very much, can't wait to read the concluding episodes...

@ tthf:

Greatings in this forums (funny name btw) and thanks for your compliment

@ all:

we´re almost there... ...the last storypost is almost done (I reached the end of the war/game already)... ...only thing left to do is a proper ending (maybe a page or so is still missing)

This is awesome, when do you plan to finish? Its taken me a few hours to reach this far enough in the story.

Keep it coming Snaaty, this is a brilliant story. Your english is great too.

And good work on realising that the whole of the Britian isn't called england!

Since the reinforcement lines towards our newly conquered cities in China were open again just in time, after the revolution ended, we started to send every unit produced and buyrushed towards Xian. All other borders (Africa and Europe) would have to do with drafted infantry.

With that many new Persian units pouring into China, the Chinese counterattacks on Xian were getting weaker every day. So we sent out a scouting party of 5 modern armors in July 1781 to check on the defences in the Chinese mainlands. Although they didn’t get attacked (what was a very good sign), the reports they brought back were sort of disappointing. All Chinese cities in Ancient China were extremely heavy fortified. Attacking them would require much more troops then we could muster in a reasonable timescale (without loosing too much ground in Africa and Europe).

After a consultation with my defence minister (I agreed to contact him on a regularly basis after the incident with the last revolution… …mainly to keep him happy and to spare me from shouting) we agreed to change our tactics (again):

We would use all battalions of our modern armors available right now (8 altogether) and form some highly mobile raiding parties containing each of two battalions of modern armors. They would be able to defend themselves to a certain amount, but much more important, they would be able to deal a heavy blow to the Chinese infrastructure in a very short time. So 4 raiding parties were sent out and set to pillage through the Chinese infrastructure. Since we never faced a Chinese counterattack, even within direct reach of their capital, our raiding parties grew more and more confident and in the end, they even started to take out most strategic resources in Ancient China (except those in hills, guarded by mechanized infantries)

When this job was done, we went back to the original plan of cutting New China from Ancient China. Immediately when our raiding parties announced, that the very last railroad and road was cut in-between New and Ancient China we regrouped and struck for the connecting 2 Chinese and the remaining Mongolian city.

Since we brought 8 battalions of artillery and an additional 5 battalions of modern armor (so we had 13 battalions of modern armor altogether) everything went quite smooth now. We captured the connecting cities between Ancient and New China within only a few days (including the remaining Mongolian enclave in this region) and China was finally split in two parts.

Without the help and the troops from Ancient China, we managed to push the Chinese in New China back city by city. After the innitial Chinese resistance was broken in New China, we even left behind the artillery and raced ahead with two groups of modern armors, taking most cities in quick raids. So within only 4 years, New China was finally ours.

It was in mid February of the year 1784, shortly after the loss of New China, with most of their mayor cities blocked and most of their strategic resources razed, when the Chinese resistance was broken once and for all. It was a strange feeling when all of a sudden, no Chinese troops were sent out to meet ours…

Since our economy was booming again (seemed like the revolution to slavery and police state that our domestic advisor proposed some while ago had finally some positive impact… …after all the trouble it caused) we were strengthening our army day by day. We also had lots of cash, because the days of buyrushing troops were over.

So within only 4 years, we managed to drive back the Chinese into the territory surrounding their capital. There, they tried to make a final stand, but against 23 battalions of modern armors and 8 battalions of artillery, they didn’t stand the slightest chance. After only 4 days of fighting, our troops marched the streets of the Chinese capital and the last Chinese troops in Ancient China surrendered to our forces.

The Chinese capital finally falls:

pic. 93_1788 a.d. Chinese capital falls.GIF

With the fall of mighty China in Asia, most of the world was ours now. China still had some minor colonies in Australia, but after the loss of Ancient and New China, they weren’t a threat anymore. And only a few days after the fall of the Chinese capital the coalition also seemed to crumble, because Japan, who had taken the lead in the coalition according to our secret service after China was more or less destroyed, asked for an audience with me:

A Japan ambassador came to my palace only 2 days after the Chinese capital had fallen and mighty China was no more:

“Oh mighty leader of the Persian people, our president (president Tokugawa) wants to talk to you.”

“Very well then, connect him through via phone (this seemed to be a good chance to reactivate good old Bob).”

“Hello, president Tokugawa speaking… …umh… …who is calling?”

“It’s me, the emperor of mighty Persia.”

“Well, hello emperor, what can I do for you?”

“Your ambassador said you want to talk to me…”

“Yes, umh… …after the fall of China, we could agree to leave the coalition and to negotiate a peace treaty with Persia…”

“Oh, that’s a nice proposal, but… …after carefully considering it (for about 2 seconds)… …I have to say… …No, either you surrender without any condition or we will crush you next.”

“You mind seems already quite fixed on that matter… …so the only thing left for me to say is that… …since Japan wants to stop this bloodbath on behalf of the Japanese people… …umh… …we surrender…”

“You are a fool. You could have stopped this now once and forever and could have protected many Japanese lives. Now mighty Persia will come for you next and take you city by cit… …umh… …sorry… …could you repeat again the last part of what you just said?”

“WE JUST SURRENDERED (you deaf and dumb fool)”

“Oh, funny, seems I have misunderstood you… …nice… …so Persia welcomes Japan as a new province of Persia”

…

With this huge diplomatic success in my bag, I decided to use Bob again (I haven’t forgotten him) and to call Monty immediately… …well, what can I say… …he mainly used the opportunity to get some shouting and insulting done, and, sad but true, I couldn’t convince him to surrender, even after I told him, that the coalition is broken and Japan had just surrendered (who would have thought that…)

So I threatened him via e-Mail (I wanted to spare myself some shouting) that I would send all available troops (we had now quite a lot of troops to spare, after Asia was ours completely) towards Africa and would raze all his newly built African cities… …since he never even bothered answering my e-Mail (maybe it ended up in his spam filter… …would it now be unfair to blame spam filters in general to be guilty of destroying half of Africa?) I moved my troops towards Africa.

Several days had passed since my e-Mail and still no answer from Monty. So I finally ordered my troops to advance and to raze all Aztec settlements in Africa they would come across.

They came across 5 Aztec settlements, and within 2 years, all of them were razed. Then we resettled some of the lost lands in Africa (mainly the shorelines, to secure them from more Aztec invaders and settlers) and after that, most of our troops were moved towards Europe, where the bulk of Monty’s invasion army was still occupying Great Britain.

Just when we were about to muster more troops and a fleet to launch a counter attack on Great Britain, starting with London, Monty finally answered my e-Mail:

“After carefully considering the overall situation, mighty Aztec could also agree to become a Persian protectorate…”

He wrote some lines more, where he listed some Aztec terms, but I didn’t read them and therefore accepted his capitulation without thinking too much about them (what could have been a mistake in the long run, because, from now on for example, every week a Persian virgin had to be sacrificed to some strange goods…)

…

I just was about to grant some reporters an audience where I planned to announce the Persian victory, when my defence minister showed up again, bringing some reports in, concerning warfare statistics (mainly civilian losses):

17 million civilians dead in Africa
21 million civilians dead in Central Asia
About 20 million civilians dead on side of the coalition

Well, I was a little depressed when I finally had to face this numbers (including the overall military losses, about 65 million people had died in this war), but when I announced our great victory only several minutes later, I already had forgotten about it. So in the end, I was very pleased with what I had done and achieved and decided to take the rest of the week off to do some gardening…

pic. 94_1792 a.d. Victory.GIF

THE END

see you soon,

Snaaty

Excellent finish Snaaty, it's been a pleasure reading the whole story.

The question on everyone's lips: When are you starting your next game? :)

Great job! I just signed up for Civfanatics, alot because I was inspired by the the Persian Leader. WOOHOO! it was absolutely fantabulous.

Top Bottom