Modern Alliances

Haha we refused to ratify it because it was good the way it was, the changes you guys (although yess it was mostly France, but still UK as well) made could arguably easily be some of the causes of WW2. Do not get me wrong its hilters fault, but basically France wanted Germany to loose so much land (most of that land is where they were mostly industrailized) and also pay $33 billion. America bascially said you need to pick one or the other, since Germany is loosing most of its way to make money, you cant make them pay that. Yet UK and France (again mostly france due to the French-German rivalry of Franco-Prussian war and rest of history) wanted both, which adventually put Germany in so much debt it put them in the situation for WW2. Germany just paid off the debt what? 2 years ago i beleive? Still the Germans havent been forgiven (as of 2 years ago) UK, France, Russia etc all owed America much more, and america forgave most of the debt

Haha we refused to ratify it because it was good the way it was, the changes you guys (although yess it was mostly France, but still UK as well) made could arguably easily be some of the causes of WW2. Do not get me wrong its hilters fault, but basically France wanted Germany to loose so much land (most of that land is where they were mostly industrailized) and also pay $33 billion. America bascially said you need to pick one or the other, since Germany is loosing most of its way to make money, you cant make them pay that. Yet UK and France (again mostly france due to the French-German rivalry of Franco-Prussian war and rest of history) wanted both, which adventually put Germany in so much debt it put them in the situation for WW2. Germany just paid off the debt what? 2 years ago i beleive? Still the Germans havent been forgiven (as of 2 years ago) UK, France, Russia etc all owed America much more, and america forgave most of the debt

yeah the french and germans always really hated each other even more than they hated UK. france wanted to really make the germans pay for the franco-prussian war of 1871 as the germans wiped the floor with them and had to give up french land to the germans, UK just went along with what france wanted.
hitler didnt hate uk like france, france were there biggest enemy and wanted payback for WW1 where as the brits are anglo-saxons(an germanic people) and he wanted to unite all germanic people. when hitler ordered to pause and regroup before attacking dunkirk alot of the german troups at the time said oh its because there brits there anglo-saxon. not that anyone knows for sure exactly we he did.

no one knows why Hitler did anything

But I cant blame france that they got destroyed in franco-Prussian, Bismarck played them like a violin :lol:

Hatred comes from the weirdest places though, Im sure you know about the dutch in south Afirca? How they were all pro-nazi because they wanted independence from UK, and they hated the British. That always confused me, since the dutch get wrecked in WW2 by Germany, so you would think it would the oposite

as you said hate is a strange thing, look how things ended up in palestine, the muslims hated britain for letting all the jews going to palestine and the jews hated britain because we tried to keep the peace rather than side with them against the muslims, even tho israel only exists today because of us and even tho we tried to keep the peace most things we did we mostly pro jewish and anti muslim and a few years before that the islamic leader for palestine was pro nazi and really hated the british and this blinded him as at the start of WW2 we offered them a deal which gave alot of what they wanted so there wouldnt be any trouble for britain during ww2 and afterwards like there was, which if he had took it we would calling the place Palestine not israel today, all the other islamic leaders liked the deal and wanted to take it but he refused because he hated britain so much and how things are like they are in the middle east.

Well I mean I cant imgagine they would do better under hitler, although he was mostly anti-semitist, i cant imagine he loves muslims either. as bad as taking away german colinies were for starting WW2, I can't imagine what would happen if they kept them, how many more lifes lost.

Versailles is basically the reason for problems in middle east now, atleast it was the start of it, of course israel doesnt help. Cant say I am a huge fan of Israel, i mean they basically have a blank US check.

Ironically enough, the thing keeping peace in teh middle east is nuclear weapons:crazyeye:

not sure how far that will last, iran is looking for a fight and im not sure how much longer israel is willing to wait before attacking, usa stopping them is probably the reason israel hasnt done it already

We both know thats not how nuclear warfare works. Thats similar to saying "Well why didnt the US just nuke russia and blow it all up so they can't strike bad),

If anything Iran would strike back. The hatred is started by Iran. Iran wants Israel off the planet, so then Israel feels the same about Iran, but i beleive that is started by Iran. If Iran never felt that israel wouldnt.

Keep in mind size, Israel would need a hell of a lot of nukes to destroy all of Iran. Irans nukes would not be inside of the cities, which is where Israel would target, they would be somewere far from the cities, and barring a direct hit or close to one, since the nukes are in reinfored bunkeres underground, they would be able to launch back. Not to mention that is only if Iran does not know israel already launched it. If israel launched it, within 24 hours everyone from israel is dead, guarenteed (assuming this is after Iran got nuclear weapons, as well as no error in launching nukes) Due to their size Iran would only need to send one to israel, since the blast and fallout would undoubatbly get rid of Israel

In my opinion, it is definatly in Israel's best interest to avoid that, but Iran is crazy, I mean the president denies the holocaust, at that point there not much to say

@aob,

which, if any, ships should requiere coal?

Also I did all planes up to WW2 requireing steel and fuel. Since when I googled it, it says both WW1 and WW2 planes had steel (WW1 they had bindings and WW2 it was the frame, but they aren't reliable sources so maybe you can clarify :D

Also what do you think of possibly adding a composite armour resource, and having it come from a building that requires plastic and steal. Think that is a good idea? Or too complicated?

@aob,

which, if any, ships should requiere coal?

Also I did all planes up to WW2 requireing steel and fuel. Since when I googled it, it says both WW1 and WW2 planes had steel (WW1 they had bindings and WW2 it was the frame, but they aren't reliable sources so maybe you can clarify :D

Also what do you think of possibly adding a composite armour resource, and having it come from a building that requires plastic and steal. Think that is a good idea? Or too complicated?

pre deadnought, armored and protected crusier(which i bet you still havent reduced there strength yet have you :p) and torpedo boat destroyers and which ever is the first transport ship.

most specs for ww2 fighters say metal frames rather than what type of metal but i know there was some used in the Hawker Hurricaneand it was common in fighters so what you read should be correct

me personnaly i dont think its worth adding composite armour as an resource as its not exactly used in lots of things like steel

pre deadnought, armored and protected crusier(which i bet you still havent reduced there strength yet have you :p) and torpedo boat destroyers and which ever is the first transport ship.

most specs for ww2 fighters say metal frames rather than what type of metal but i know there was some used in the Hawker Hurricaneand it was common in fighters so what you read should be correct

me personnaly i dont think its worth adding composite armour as an resource as its not exactly used in lots of things like steel

Nope, protected cruiser is the weekest cruiser with a strenght of 19, that was fixed 3 updates ago I beleive, thanks for your confidence in me....:lol:

All I saw was something on yahoo answer, so not to reliable, but then again im not sure what other metal they would have used. Problem is what I saw, so many different ones were made so many different ways, it would be hard to change it for each UU plus it would make gameplays "unfair" a bit

And as composite armour yeah not to big of the idea myself, but composite armor would be used a lot more than most resources like salt etc :lol:

Nope, protected cruiser is the weekest cruiser with a strenght of 19, that was fixed 3 updates ago I beleive, thanks for your confidence in me....:lol:

All I saw was something on yahoo answer, so not to reliable, but then again im not sure what other metal they would have used. Problem is what I saw, so many different ones were made so many different ways, it would be hard to change it for each UU plus it would make gameplays "unfair" a bit

And as composite armour yeah not to big of the idea myself, but composite armor would be used a lot more than most resources like salt etc :lol:

well i did have to ask you like 6 times before you changed them so cant blame me :p

yeah last time i checked ive got a bag of salt in the kitchen not composite armour :lol:

@Stolenrays, thanks, Ill test it out and tell you how it works
also any chance on seeing the Mercy Ship or mortar done soon?

@aob86, haha well i meant in the civ game, salt isn't used much...
I also plan on adding tires as a resource

i know mate i was joking :p

tire shouldnt be a resource, you should add tire factory that requires rubber

I feel like it should, but it wouldnt be like a resource resource. It would be like fuel and everything. You dont find fuel or tires (they are like Hit Movies, they dont show up, can only be given by buildlings). So tire factory requires rubber, and gives you one tire.

Im sure your probably wondering why I just dont make the units require the tire factory, that is because lets say during WW2, Germany bombs the tire factory in London. All of a sudden then London can not build many units. But realisitically its not like just because the factory is gone all teh tires already made disapears, they would still have tires, just wouldnt be making more.

Another scenario: Chicago doesnt have tire factory for whatever reason, but every other city in US does. Just because they do not make it in Chicago does not mean Chicago cant make units that require wheels, they can just ship them from another city

Also then you can trade it, so taht way not only people with rubber can build those units, way to unrealistic

good point thats for sure, aint you worried your going to make it so you need 5 different resources or more to make a unit, thats really gunna change the game as it sounds like it wont be easy to find all the resources you need to make units

Top Bottom