Modern Alliances

Some things I noticed while reading the first page :D

1) City Garrison III isn't a new promotion
2) Purpose of Airbase Improvement? Unless fort has been removed :/
3) Doesn't seem to be more than 500 units from that upgrade chart :D
4) Notre Dame in BTS refers to the cathedral, not the university. It is not a school

P.S.
You may want to do a spelling check, first thing that catches my eye is "Countires" :D

Horrible at spelling :lol: well i mean beyond horible :lol:

1)Thought it was new, never play normal game so thats probably why
2)Fort is removed
3)Upgrade chart is not all of them, 80% are Unique units, not to mention not all reqular units upgrade to somethere, therefor are left out of the list
4)I am aware that it refers to the cathedral in France, what in the mod makes you think i thought otherwise as i would like to fix it

Thanks for overlooking everything, apreciate it when people check my work, since expecially with spelling I do make mistakes and unlike most mods no1 mods my mod beside (people like you, aob and jamie help but arent actually a modder for the mod)

Bonuses: Al ancient wonders are given +10 science, gold or culture. Most receive gold and culture since that represents the fact they are tourist attactions. The only ones that gain science are schools (oxford & notre dame).

Because of this. Why is notre dame a school if it is still refering to the cathedral?
Still downloading to loot any new artwork :D

P.S.
So I do not need to modify motherland calls for you right?

Huh not sure why I put that, since notre dame was not scientific. But thanks for reminding because they all give a bonus to all three, I decided to switch to that so alll are equal plus its sort of accurate (ex. Petra gives culture obvoiusly, plus gold since it brings tourists, and technology since it gives information of histroy)

yes can you edit it? but not much. couuld you edit the code so it goes to the player that got war declared on? Also could you have it so it only goes to cities without units on it? Since if 4 people declare war on you in one turn, its to unrealistic for four units to show up

EDIT: Doubt you will find much more, most of my wonders are from Realism Invictus, you , made myself and released, Stolenrays or Hrochland.

1) It is already doing it to the player declared on, not the player declaring war
2) Not sure why you want it only to cities without units. Do you ever see AI leave a city empty?
Neither does a human, normally. If so, the wonder is completely useless
3) Last part may be doable, but not easy
def onChangeWar activates once for each declaring of war/peace.

The sensible way I can think of is, check whether the capital has a new unit of the conscript type, with conscript experience but at level 1. If it does, assume that it is given because wonder activated on that turn.

The loophole is obviously, some people just want to leave units unpromoted, perhaps maybe to see what enemy units are coming to decide how to promote

Ohh you got me wrong, this is not a wonder. This is going to be for gameplay, its going to be on war declare. So heres an example: France and Germany is right next to each other. World is in peace. In this game france is very big. Germany randomly declares war on France because several of its cities are unprotected and they want it. Every unprotected city gets one unit. What this represents is the city is not going to simply going to sit there as germans come in, they would protect themselfes a little bit, which would represent the one unit that pops up.

Theres no code for the last part, it will automatically check its self so that it will only add 1 more unit a peice, since once it adds one it wont be unprotected

I agree that if you want to keep the point about ONLY to unguarded cities, then the last check is redundant.

But the point is, do you EVER see an AI leave a city unguarded? If never, then what is the point of the code?

The only time when this will happen is, when you are already at war with China, and you are nuked upside down. Then now, Germany declare war with you. That is only situation I can think of where there will be unguarded cities

Have you ever seen a WW2 scenario with america?Number of unprotected cities greatly outweigh protected. And pearl harbour would definatly (in civ) be the start of war.

Basically its for scenarios, not custom game plays, although still can be used in that. Plus declaring war rarely happens, so it wouldnt really matter on gameplay

Now that i made this list, my life is complete and I will be retiring from modding :lol: :D

Attachments

• Muddy Jeep.PNG
    Muddy Jeep.PNG
    13 KB · Views: 66
Have you ever seen a WW2 scenario with america?Number of unprotected cities greatly outweigh protected. And pearl harbour would definatly (in civ) be the start of war.

Basically its for scenarios, not custom game plays, although still can be used in that. Plus declaring war rarely happens, so it wouldnt really matter on gameplay

Code:
	def onChangeWar(self, argsList):
		'War Status Changes'
		bIsWar = argsList[0]
		iTeam = argsList[1]
		iRivalTeam = argsList[2]
## The Motherland Calls Start ##
		if bIsWar:
			for iPlayerX in range(gc.getMAX_CIV_PLAYERS()):
				pPlayerX = gc.getPlayer(iPlayerX)
				if pPlayerX.getTeam() == iRivalTeam:
					(loopCity, iter) = pPlayerX.firstCity(false)
					while(loopCity):
						pPlot = loopCity.plot()
						if pPlot.getNumDefenders(iPlayerX) == 0:
							pNewUnit = pPlayerX.initUnit(loopCity.getConscriptUnit(), loopCity.getX(), loopCity.getY(), UnitAITypes.NO_UNITAI, DirectionTypes.NO_DIRECTION)
							loopCity.addProductionExperience(pNewUnit, true)
							(loopCity, iter) = pPlayerX.nextCity(iter, false)
## The Motherland Calls End ##

I still believe it is useless.
Even in a scenario where most cities start without defenders, after 10~20 rounds, AI will already build 1 or 2 defenders, then this code will just be looping through cities for fun

Code:
	def onChangeWar(self, argsList):
		'War Status Changes'
		bIsWar = argsList[0]
		iTeam = argsList[1]
		iRivalTeam = argsList[2]
## The Motherland Calls Start ##
		if bIsWar:
			for iPlayerX in range(gc.getMAX_CIV_PLAYERS()):
				pPlayerX = gc.getPlayer(iPlayerX)
				if pPlayerX.getTeam() == iRivalTeam:
					(loopCity, iter) = pPlayerX.firstCity(false)
					while(loopCity):
						pPlot = loopCity.plot()
						if pPlot.getNumDefenders(iPlayerX) == 0:
							pNewUnit = pPlayerX.initUnit(loopCity.getConscriptUnit(), loopCity.getX(), loopCity.getY(), UnitAITypes.NO_UNITAI, DirectionTypes.NO_DIRECTION)
							loopCity.addProductionExperience(pNewUnit, true)
							(loopCity, iter) = pPlayerX.nextCity(iter, false)
## The Motherland Calls End ##

I still believe it is useless.
Even in a scenario where most cities start without defenders, after 10~20 rounds, AI will already build 1 or 2 defenders, then this code will just be looping through cities for fun
Thanks, and if so not to big o a deal, war doesnt start that often

its 17 actually :p so yes you have 2 years over us on that one and when i was 15 i thought it crap you guys can drive at 15 and we cant but now as an adult i can see just how s**t british drivers of 17/18 are and an accident or death waiting to happen im very glad we dont let our 15 year olds drive as i would like to get to work without being killed or injured.

P.S no offence to j_mie6 if he is 17 or 18 im sure hes a good driver lol

17 they can drive or do can they get lisence at 17? Because untill they get their lisence @ 16 in the US, they need to drive with an adult who has a lisence. When I was in London theough I remember hearing from a couple people that accidents are much less common there, but im sure that also has to do with Europe usually has smaller streets etc. although im sure not true in the country

Driving of teenagers actually is pretty good, if anything its the elderly people that are slow taht are usually a pain. But the problem with young driving is when alcohol, or when they are with friends, or texting then the problems come. But if they are alone, typically they arent that bad

trust me between my own experience and all the UK cops shows i watch, our teenagers make bad drivers mostly

you can get a driving licence here at 17

It is possible to drive here at 16. someone i went to college with did it.
there are some small islands off the british coast which due to there proximity to mainland Uk are not "overseas terriory" like gibraltar or falklands island but still not part of mainland UK so for the most part they set there own rules and one of these islands isle of man. the driving age is 16 not 17 so my friend at college has an aunty who lives there so during the summer vacation when he was 16 he went to stop with her, paid for an express driving course and got his driving licence there at 16 and since the isle of man driving licence is valid in mainland UK he could drive here at 16.

Top Bottom