Unit Request Thread 3

... BTW, I do suppose you've checked out:

• Vuldacon’s “Civilian” & “Farmer Champion”
  • Gary Childress’s “Partisan”
  • tom2050's & Garret Sidzaka’s AK47-armed “anarchist-punk,” “Shadow Thief (~ninja)” & “Technician” (very nice improved fixed gun)
  • NavyDawg’s “Ash”
  • ruby_sauce’s “Bomb Thrower,” “Dual Swordsman,” “Hunter/Looter,” “Scout/Sniper” &”Duelist”
  • Wyrmshadow’s “Guerilla Technical” (~1940 automobile w/mg) & “Riot Police” & “Mississippi Queen” (side-wheel steam paddler)
  • sween32's “Guerillero” w/machete
  • Kinboat’s “Modern Resistor”
  • RM80's “Hooligan”
  • Hunter’s “Technical” (pick-up w/mg - very old; might need re-uploading ... ;) )
  • aaglo’s “Rat Tank” & “Steam Tank” (just sayin’ ... )
  • BeBro’s “Modern Cavalry” (dang - speaking of re-u/l-ing ... )

Cheers,

:scan:z

... BTW, I do suppose you've checked out:

• Vuldacon’s “Civilian” & “Farmer Champion”
  • Gary Childress’s “Partisan”
  • tom2050's & Garret Sidzaka’s AK47-armed “anarchist-punk,” “Shadow Thief (~ninja)” & “Technician” (very nice improved fixed gun)
  • NavyDawg’s “Ash”
  • ruby_sauce’s “Bomb Thrower,” “Dual Swordsman,” “Hunter/Looter,” “Scout/Sniper” &”Duelist”
  • Wyrmshadow’s “Guerilla Technical” (~1940 automobile w/mg) & “Riot Police” & “Mississippi Queen” (side-wheel steam paddler)
  • sween32's “Guerillero” w/machete
  • Kinboat’s “Modern Resistor”
  • RM80's “Hooligan”
  • Hunter’s “Technical” (pick-up w/mg - very old; might need re-uploading ... ;) )
  • aaglo’s “Rat Tank” & “Steam Tank” (just sayin’ ... )
  • BeBro’s “Modern Cavalry” (dang - speaking of re-u/l-ing ... )

Cheers,

:scan:z

Thanks for that list. Yeah, I spent days going through all of the graphics forum posts not only on units, but terrain, leaderheads, interfaces, etc. Then I went through the Database with a fine tooth comb in case some were not mentioned. I sent lots of comments asking permission for an innumerable amount of them.

I also saw that someone else a few months ago had a similar interest in a post-apoc mod. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=527891&highlight=vampire

There's a wishlist made in 2006 (yeah, like I said I've read a ton of old topics looking for units) and some of them ended up being made and others never got made (hint hint). Some of the units may have been lost in the hacker attack.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=174885&highlight=vampire

I was looking up vampire for a WROL Vampire Apocalypse Edition mod. Once the base is made, then it's a small thing to tweek the time period in which it happens and the locale.

What I'm hoping to do is use some units that aren't being utilized in some other mod. Some of the unit makers are very prolific and since the AI doesn't care about the variety of paintjobs versus the offensive/defensive strengths and costs, then with some creativity some unusual units could show up in a post-apoc mod.

Say there's anarchy but some enterprizing air museum curator who's a pilot decides to fuel one of the museum pieces and pilot that with his family to a safe locale. Or what would the post-apoc look like in Brazil? Maybe it's a vampire apocalypse in Hong Kong. Maybe it's Fukushima and the nuclear spill. It can be very diverse.

And I'd like to see squad level action. The AI is bad about using armies, but you can have improvements spawn armies at regular intervals. Since the AI is bad about choices of units to create, then you can have regular intervals of them being created.

I've also discussed special immobile units that could be captured, then upgraded into weak units, and then upgraded even further. In this way, the AI might be helped. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=544207

I've thought about a WROL New Madrid Earthquake scenario. That happened in 1811. It could be an example of the devastation of that time and the far reaching consequences too.

The bad thing in Civ3 is zero scripting so you can trigger something to happen specifically in a certain year, spawn armies and units for the AI, show a text message, and so forth. In this Civ 3 is quite limited.
---
If, drunk with sight of power, we loose
Wild tongues that have not Thee in awe—
Such boastings as the Gentiles use,
Or lesser breeds without the Law—
Lord God of Hosts, be with us yet,
Lest we forget—lest we forget!
Rudyard Kipling

The Thousandth Man should be memorized by all men everywhere if ever fortunate enough to have such a friend.

I have another wish after my last one (Bismarck Class Battleship) became true, thanks to Delta Strife and Ares de Borg. ;)

I would like to have an another Pre-Dreadnought Ironclad with diagonal positioned turrets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_ironclad_Caio_Duilio

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Inflexible_(1876)

Currently the only one close to them is the Chen Yuen/Chin'en by Delta Strife and an older version by Wyrmshadow.

If I have overseen a Caio Duilio, I would be happy to get a link to it. ;)

Thanks!

I have another wish after my last one (Bismarck Class Battleship) became true, thanks to Delta Strife and Ares de Borg. ;)

I would like to have an another Pre-Dreadnought Ironclad with diagonal positioned turrets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_ironclad_Caio_Duilio

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Inflexible_(1876)

Currently the only one close to them is the Chen Yuen/Chin'en by Delta Strife and an older version by Wyrmshadow.

If I have overseen a Caio Duilio, I would be happy to get a link to it. ;)

Thanks!

Given the reality that not all requests come to be, I've long advocated "placeholders" as, especially at Civ scale, I find, for myself anyway, that it's not overly bothersome (there are exceptions - I had no way to "fudge" a Hussite War Wagon until, after a DECADE or so, imperator1961 rode to the rescue :goodjob: )

All that having been said, have a look at Tom2050's "Canopus." "ErzherzogKarl," and "Mikasa" - all B's with a single mast.

Cheers,
Oz

Attachments

• HMSCanopus-LG.pcx
    18.8 KB · Views: 114
  • ErzherzogKarl-LG.pcx
    6.4 KB · Views: 37
  • MikasaBB-LG.pcx
    5.7 KB · Views: 51
Thanks so far for your input! ;)

Heja Delta-Strife,

if I am able to locate a decent 3d-modell of Cajo Duillo or another diagonal turret design, I will inform you.

Heja Oz,

those ships are allready in service:

Canopus is the British Pre-Dreadnought,
Mikasa is the the Japanese Pre-Dreadnought and
ErzherzogKarl is the generic Pre-Dreadnought (most of the Generic Navy is sponsored by the K.u.K. Kriegsmarine). ;)

EDIT: The Wyrmshadow JungYung (should be Chen Yuen ;) ) has taken the role of the Italian Turret Ironclad. Its performance are between those of an Ironclad/Armored Frigate and the next tech Pre-Dreadnought/Ship of the Line, those giving the Romans and Charthagians a small (and short ;) ) naval advantage.

left to right: Italian Armored Cruiser (Delta Strife), Italian Turret Ironclad (Wyrmshadow) and Chinese Ship of the Line (Delta Strife).

You could use the Mountie that CivArmy s. 1994 made instead:

It's available here, as part of his Trudeau Canadian Civ.

hmmm the Mountie unit in the Trudeau Canadian Civ pack is the same one I linked to with the civ colour. It's not the one in your gif :confused:, do you still have the one in your gif and could you upload it to the database? Thanks

hmmm the Mountie unit in the Trudeau Canadian Civ pack is the same one I linked to with the civ colour.

It's strange that he used that old unit for the individual Civ. Looks like you'll have to d/l CivArmy s. 1994's "The Golden Hordes Mod" to get that unit. It's for sure in there.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 76
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 104
Two units I'd absolutely love to see in the game are the Supermarine Scimitar and the Fairey Gannet. I've been subbing them in to my Cold War games with other models, but it's just not the same. The Scimitar was, like most post-war Supermarine designs, a terrible fighter and the Gannet was just plain ugly but still... they were there when the Royal Navy was at its post-war peak. They have a certain charm.

Not a very surprising request: I'd love to see the newest Russian tank for Civ.

Just an FYI:

"Russia’s military will be glad it was only a dress rehearsal, as its new state-of-the-art tank broke down in the Red Square. One of the T-14 Armata tanks ground to a halt, before finally rumbling away after the Victory Day parade rehearsal was over.

In a dress rehearsal for the 70th anniversary of the end of World War II on May 9, a parade of the new tanks, which were getting their first public viewing, rolled towards the very heart of the Russian capital.

All seemed to be going to plan until one of the mighty machines unexpectedly stopped right in front of the Lenin's mausoleum. Its engine was still running, but the tank would not move. An attempt to tow it away failed, before the T-14 eventually managed to restart and rumble off around 15 minutes later."

- http://rt.com/news/256437-armata-stuck-moscow-parade/

...Reminds of the real-world "fate" of all those beautiful F-22s Wyrmshadow made (especially as the F-35 obviously falls under the rubric of "Q: 'What's a camel?' A: 'A horse made by committee.'")

Top Bottom