Official Godzilla Scenario discussion thread

TBH, I probably wouldn't use the giant toddler in any of the main MZ scenarios, but I still think you should make it, I am sure others would find a way to use it.

I will add it to my Princess mod, as a barbarian unit - Annoying Baby Sister (or Brother). :D

Unfortunately, I have yet to see this movie so my comments come from posters :

• Neither the arm-ring and the hairstyle scream 50s decade to me.
  • I'd say go for barefooted.
  • Perhaps a simpler top would be better ?

That's all ! I'm sure the unit will be great. So, who's up for a Attack of the Fifties scenario ?

Very cool Tom! Can't wait to see it...

Supa that would be an interesting scenario. I've thought in the past about a Movie Madness scenario, too - which would fit the Giant Woman and assumably her offspring - The Towering Toddler of Terror. This scenario would basically be anything from the movies, sort of like that Last Action Hero movie.

I won't have time to take that though :)

Fifty Foot Woman - the poster & screenshot pretty much show her clothing. Barefoot & a sexy 1950's -style costume made from torn bedsheets. :rolleyes:

Original Trailer - look at about 1:20

It's pretty lo-rez, but this clip shows her in action.

Amazing Colossal Man is more kaiju, imho - atomic bomb mutated monster. 50 Foot Woman falls in the 1950s "saucer paranoia" camp. Either one would be a fun addition to the scenario(s).

She looks very good, Tom! Clothes and the hairstyle fit a lot better.

For the size, I'm using the following chart for my own monsters. Feel free to use it if you want to.

I've classified the giant monsters in 5 categories : Giant animals (less than 15 meters high), Small Daikaijus (15 to 40 meters), Daikaijus (40 to 65 meters), Great Daikaijus (70 to 100 meters) and Ultra Daikaijus (over 100 meters). Every monsters in the same category will have the same apparent size in Modzilla.

From left to right : Human size, Giant Animals (King Kong), Small Daikaijus (Great Kong), Daikaijus (Super Kong), Great Daikaijus (Heisei Godzilla).

If I'm not mistaken, the 50 ft woman would fit in the small daikaijus, with Great Kong. But that's merely my take on this, feel free to do whatever you want.

Edit: Don't forget that a 240x240 frame is very difficult to center. Don't forget to test it before rendering the whole unit - I keep doing this mistake when I resume animating after a hiatus.

I could do something like this for size then, to keep scale as you mentioned:

She is then about the height of the Small Daikaijus; so I'll use that; and looks big enough compared to normal humans IMO; so she doesn't come across as just a mis-sized normal human.

I'm not sure what kind of attacks to use yet; I'm thinking of a stomping attack, perhaps picking up a car and throwing it, punching, kicking, etc.

I'm thinking no civ color.. otherwise her clothing won't be white. Either that or her clothing would have to be civ color (since theres nothing else).

She is then about the height of the Small Daikaijus; so I'll use that; and looks big enough compared to normal humans IMO; so she doesn't come across as just a mis-sized normal human.

I'm not sure what kind of attacks to use yet; I'm thinking of a stomping attack, perhaps picking up a car and throwing it, punching, kicking, etc.

I'm thinking no civ color.. otherwise her clothing won't be white. Either that or her clothing would have to be civ color (since theres nothing else).
Maybe a civ-colored hair band?
Alice bands were pretty common in the 1950s

What's Kong doing with his hand ? :D

The size looks good to me. Great pose too. An attack scheme could be : Pick up a car and throw it (AttackA), then Stomp and/or Slap (AttackB).

The unit is going well but it's far from being finished. I still have to do 'Death' and 'Run' animations entirely and finish the attacks. But I won't render it on my current computer. It will have to wait until I buy a new one. Rendering time is 5 minutes a frame. I can decrease it by downplaying the translucence effects but even for posing, it would be more comfortable working with more RAM and better CPU.

Introducing my girls to the original 1965 version tonoght over dinner. I hope this unit hasn't been shoved into the Anguirus vault! ;):p:mischief:

I'll resume it after my current project. ;-)

Which film are you projecting tonight ? Showa era, Gamera vs. Guiron is probably the most kid-friendly - even if a monster is literally cut to pieces. The Showa Gamera movies are a strange mix of what is seen as kid stuff and bloody fight. I'm sure kids don't mind it, though.

We just watched the original, 1965 black and white "Gammera" that has the odd name spelling and countless title variations. No fights or blood, not too scary, in fact I think they were a bit bored as I was asked when Mothra was going to show up repeatedly.

Glad to see it isn't dead, glad to see you have another project too :)

Top Bottom