Editor Documentation Errors

Huh, I could've sworn I once had an artillery in an army that could be used. But I know that at least the "Hidden Nationality" and "Amphibious" abilities disappear in armies.

Actually... Amphibious deff. keeps because using marine armies is common to kill mech infantry defenders on one tile cities, and the AI does use HN armies if it gets the chance.

So is it really true what is says in the help file, that you need to have some number set to the "Happy", not the "Happy (all cities)", field when you check the "Continental Mood Effects" box, to add happiness to all cities on the continent? The JS Bach's Cathedral is ambiguous as it has the value 2 on both "Happy" and "Happy (all cities)".

I don't know if it this is of any help, but about the "Build Often" boxes, I think that England and the Celts have often gotten a lot of culture in the games I've played; and they both have the "Build Often: Culture" box checked.

Huh, I could've sworn I once had an artillery in an army that could be used. But I know that at least the "Hidden Nationality" and "Amphibious" abilities disappear in armies.

Actually, it's called the "Online Helpless" ;)

The JSBach should be easy enough to check - see if the city it's in has +4 or +2 Happiness; likewise set the "Happy" to "0" and the "All Cities" to "2" and see what happens - and kindly report back! :please:

Re: Build Boxes: extensive experimentation has shown that checking more than 3 or 4 will confuse the AI; 1-3 will definitely work.

Bluemofia believes you're mistaken about Armies; I never use them so I can't comment without experimenting. :dunno:

Also, it seems time to once again DRAG OUT THIS HOARY OLD THREAD if you want some real insight into AI build choices.

Best,

Oz

But I know that at least the "Hidden Nationality" and "Amphibious" abilities disappear in armies.
Oh yeah, I was thinking about "Stealth Attack" (the thing that submarines have which lets you choose which unit to attack in a stack) and not "Hidden Nationality", because when I played the Sengoku scenario I made an army of Ninjas but didn't get to choose which unit to attack.

But, I'm pretty sure I once made an army with only marines in it, and it couldn't attack straight from the transport. :/ I think it needs to be tested...

Has been done before.

A Study about Armies.
Oh huh, good to know.

I might have discovered another thing that doesn't work. In the Governments tab, you can choose "Build an Embassy" under "Immune to:", but it doesn't work. Embassies can still be built in civs that have that govenrment. But I'm only like 95% sure of this, I need to test again to confirm it...

But, I'm pretty sure I once made an army with only marines in it, and it couldn't attack straight from the transport. :/ I think it needs to be tested...
Actually it does work if the Army contains all amphibious units. I build armies like that in unmodded and modded epic games to overcome coastal city defenses.

Actually it does work if the Army contains all amphibious units. I build armies like that in unmodded and modded epic games to overcome coastal city defenses.

Hmm, from what the army study concludes is that it only works if it's a homogeneous army.

In other words, if you have Unit A and Unit B that share Amphibious ability, but you load them both into an army, the army isn't amphibious.
Only if the army contains either Unit A or Unit B is the Army Amphibious.

Hmm, from what the army study concludes is that it only works if it's a homogeneous army.

In other words, if you have Unit A and Unit B that share Amphibious ability, but you load them both into an army, the army isn't amphibious.
Only if the army contains either Unit A or Unit B is the Army Amphibious.

Isn't that backwards? :confused:

I might have discovered another thing that doesn't work. In the Governments tab, you can choose "Build an Embassy" under "Immune to:", but it doesn't work. Embassies can still be built in civs that have that govenrment. But I'm only like 95% sure of this, I need to test again to confirm it...
OK, now I've double-checked it. Immune to: Build an embassy does indeed not work.

The game/editor doesn't allow you to assign a key for the rebase mission for air units, but if you use the go to city ability (Ctrl+Shift+G), any unit with rebase will rebase instead of running all the way there. Works with any rebasable unit, not only for air units.

Hey, I was looking for info in the help file about the Civ "Bonuses/Qualities/Attributes" whatever they're called, aka the Militaristic, Industrial, Expansionist, Commercial, Sea-faring, etc. Specifically I was looking for the hardcoded bonuses of each attribute (like Militaristic makes military improvements cheaper (in shields I guess?) and unit promotions occurs more frequently; Expansionist gives you a scout unit at game start) so I was wondering if you could collect all the known effects of the different attributes and have them here. I ask because I seem to have lost my Civ3 Conquests booklet thing, and I totally forget what bonus(es) the Sea-faring attribute gives... :p So since this should be in the helpless, I guess it would be helpful to have this info here. ;)

Can anyone help me with this? In the scenario properties, you can set the Culture Value for Civilization, ie. the culture score for the whole civilization that you need to reach for a cultural victory. But supposedly this number is affected by the map size. So I wanna know how this is calculated.

Can anyone help me with this? In the scenario properties, you can set the Culture Value for Civilization, ie. the culture score for the whole civilization that you need to reach for a cultural victory. But supposedly this number is affected by the map size. So I wanna know how this is calculated.

Not certain, but I think the formula involves pi and the phase of the moon :rolleyes:

Under Rules - Civilizations - Build Never - Def. Land Units

The AI will still build defenders occasionally, but not as many.

Top Bottom