Need testers for new editor

is there any chance that any new editor comes with a complete package instead of relying on updates from the net ? In case ı take one for my old XP one , ı would think my November 2013 laptop would have the relevant stuff already .

and then hopefully a variant that won't need that full framework thing , which presumably makes it off-topic for this thread .

The purpose of using the framework is to have it downloaded once from Microsoft, and then every application which needs it is lightweight, and doesn't need to include it.

And since the framework is required, you won't get a version without it.

meaning ı will have to look elsewhere , hopefully not later than 2015-16 . Will still be alive , God Willing .

I found a small error under Win8. The era selection in the unit editor's filter does not work properly: Era 2 will be recognized as Era 1, and so on. That means if I want to select only ancient units, I'll have to check "Middle Ages", for example. Any idea why?

I've watched people using this editor for years while i was jealous since i couldnt use it myself. I managed to open my first map partially after all these years LoL!

Now it says something about a Microsoft framework. Can anyone tell me what am i supposed to type on google? What am i looking to download? I found some Microsoft Visual whatever. Is that it? or do i need to look for 'Microsoft framework C# 2005' as stated on the main page?

Once I download it what do i do? I think this civ editor somehow wasnt designed for noobs like me lol.

I was trying to use Steph's editor, well I want to use it because I can see big potential in it but no matter what I do nothing works.

I have conquest editor and Microsoft framework C# 2005 installed on Win7 64bit. When I click button Scenario Editor and choose uncompressed BIQ file I have errors as in attachment. Anyone knows how to fix it?

First error I have when I start application as regular user and second error when start as administrator.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 172
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 154
Open the .biq with the regular editor, go to View -> Options -> Uncheck "Compress BIQ Files", -> Save & Close.

Then try opening it in Steph's editor again - making sure you run as Administrator.

Open the .biq with the regular editor, go to View -> Options -> Uncheck "Compress BIQ Files", -> Save & Close.

Then try opening it in Steph's editor again - making sure you run as Administrator.

It's working now. Thank you. I thought that uncompressed file means unzipped.

I can't still fix one minor thing. Units icons are white no matter what index number I have and icons displayed for resources are taken from vanilla not from folder where I have all palette with icons for my mod. Any idea?

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 225
You have to right-click on the unit list and click "Reload icons and refresh".

By default it's off to improve performance :)

It's working, thank you. I hope this is the last question. I can see the icons now for most of units and resources but not those I have on the palette but random icons from vanilla or some of the icons are completely white, like nothing was there. I can see everything in conquest editor, no problem.

1. Check that the required folders are selected in the "Scenario Search Folders" field.

2. From what I remember, the editor doesn't work too well in this regard if the scenario is located in Conquests\Conquests instead of Conquests\Scenarios. If this is the case, then to get around this, add ..\Conquests\ before the applicable folder(s) in the Scenario Search Folders field.

Also note that this is pretty much just an aesthetic issue for the editor itself, and if the icons are showing up fine in the standard editor, then they'll be fine in-game too.

Greetings, Steph. I just downloaded the new version, and it did not require me to download any framework. Would that be correct for Windows XP with all service packs?

I am picking up an error message when I go to Civilizations, however. Has anyone else reported that?

You need the framework, but since other applications may need it too, may be you just have it allready,

I suspect that I need the framework, but I must have a partial one. I keep getting error messages whenever I work on the Civilizations. Where do I find that again?

I hear that you suspect this and that but you don't know and what not.

What are you complaining about?

Are you complaining about something specific, or am I alone?

I posit that this tool needs to DLL injection - as per MoO3 DLL injection tool by Bruihic - ...

I hear that you suspect this and that but you don't know and what not.

What are you complaining about?

Are you complaining about something specific, or am I alone?

I posit that this tool needs to DLL injection - as per MoO3 DLL injection tool by Bruihic - ...

To run Steph's editor fully, you need Microsoft's C# framework. As it is running, I apparently have a partial one, but given that error message, I must be missing something. I am on a borrowed Windows Laptop so that I can used the Civilization 3 editor that comes with the game.

Top Bottom