Rise and Fall of House Julii

I'm just jumping in here, but it seems to me that you guys aren't thinking Roman enough:

If you're looking for a unit that can be used in an ancient negotiation, how about a slave?
This is a unit that could be useful in an ancient roman game negotiation:

We know that the second unit in the pediaicons list is always the tradeable unit. If that unit were a 'slave' (an enslaved or captured unit), you have the basis of a roman trade negotiation.
The key to making them useful for barter, I think, is to make them better than average workers, but only available through conquest, i.e., they can't be built normally.

Edit: now that I think about it, the tradeable unit would be a 'Captive' which would upgrade to slave, or somesuch...

Of course, you guys already know all this, I'm just reminding you.

IMHO, you don't need diplomat units in the Roman world. Roman negotiation was decidedly binary: acquiesce or die.

I'm just jumping in here, but it seems to me that you guys aren't thinking Roman enough:

If you're looking for a unit that can be used in an ancient negotiation, how about a slave?
This is a unit that could be useful in an ancient roman game negotiation:

We know that the second unit in the pediaicons list is always the tradeable unit. If that unit were a 'slave' (an enslaved or captured unit), you have the basis of a roman trade negotiation.
The key to making them useful for barter, I think, is to make them better than average workers, but only available through conquest, i.e., they can't be built normally.

Edit: now that I think about it, the tradeable unit would be a 'Captive' which would upgrade to slave, or somesuch...

Of course, you guys already know all this, I'm just reminding you.

IMHO, you don't need diplomat units in the Roman world. Roman negotiation was decidedly binary: acquiesce or die.

:lol: :lol: Thx for that reminder Balthasar, you are Soooooo right. I forgot the credo . . .
vini vidi vici

Would it be possible for the map to be placed in the maps downloads? This map is excellent for almost any kind of scenario for these regions.

Would it be possible for the map to be placed in the maps downloads? This map is excellent for almost any kind of scenario for these regions.

I appreciate your enthusiasm however, I would prefer not to release the map until it is ready for release. There are still some changes that I am planning particularly in Greece, Northern Europe, and areas in Gaul, Iberia, and parts of Persia. The Eastern Med, Italy and North Africa are satisfactory I believe. I haven't done much with the Germanic tribes, Gauls, or Dacians yet and will probably complete those map sections when I get to those civs.

Right now we are concentrating on the units from the Italian Peninsular. When those are finished, my plan is to move on to the Carthiginians, Berbers, Judeans, and Lybians. Then we will have Macedonia, Greeks, Dacia and the rest of the eastern Civs. The Persians will be last I think.

Of Course, that could all change at any time.

totally true ,completely forgot, i have no idea what i was thinking :) just like what Guardian wrote : vini vidi vici

Re Balthasar's suggestion, which is a great one, I believe the tradable unit is not the second on the list. Rather, it is the unit set as the default captured unit in the general settings tab. It's a very persistant misconception that it is the second unit on the list brought about presumably becuase the worker is the second unit on the list and the default captured unit.

just like what Guardian wrote : vini vidi vici

Actually guys, the quote is: Veni, Vidi, Vici (I came, I saw, I conquered)

"Vini, Vidi, Vici" is reportedly used, as misspelled, as the motto of the US Army Sniper School.

A loose translation of the latter might be: I drank, I saw, I conquered, which could've been my motto once upon a time...

"Vini, Vidi, Vici" is reportedly used, as misspelled, as the motto of the US Army Sniper School.

A loose translation of the latter might be: I drank, I saw, I conquered, which could've been my motto once upon a time...

Surprised you caught that, that quickly :D

darn playing RTW and there are this motto , perhaps that's what happened to me when i was writing that motto I drank, I saw, I conquered ,instead of I came, I saw, I conquered

not a true Roman but a true Smirnoff :)

Here are the first two new units created by Imperator specifically for this MOD.
The Black Praetorian and the Roman Principes

RoBPRun.gifRoPERun.gif

Something caught my attention on the Black Praetorian: is he wearing a white top under his armor ? It seems to me that he's not wearing that much black (although I haven't seen any concept art for this unit yet).

Something caught my attention on the Black Praetorian: is he wearing a white top under his armor ? It seems to me that he's not wearing that much black (although I haven't seen any concept art for this unit yet).

There will be two Black Praetorian units. One is all black and the second has silver armour on the upper torso.

If you read the thread, then you saw the art work.

I was wondering if it is possible to create a building that can be built anywhere except in a certain area. I will explain:

I want to be able to create a build( let's call it Trader or Merchant ). That building will auto-produce a flag unit (which we will call Trade Goods ). These trade goods can then be transported back to the home capital where they will be turned into gold for the treasury. The 1st question is how do I make it so that the building can be built anywhere EXCEPT in my home territory? 2nd question how can I make this available for all 23 civs to do the same thing?

Top Bottom