RBTS5 - Multiple Personality Disorder

this will definitely make this game very interesting.
just one question: if you build an ikhanda now will it be a barracks when you switch to another civ?

No, it will not. I have already tested this. All unique units/buildings will remain in place, even after we change civs. However, we will no longer have the option to build new ones (that is, once we swap to some other civ, all existing Ikhandas will remain - but we can't build any more!)

ZPVCSPLFUIFDPEF said:
Can you get a unique building and its non-unique counterpart in the same city? e.g. Ikhanda + Barracks

Yes, you can! It's rather unlikely that we'll hit Rathaus + Ziggaraut + Ikhanda, but you never know! :mischief:

We still need that save from Archduke, by the way. :)

Sincere apologies, here is the correct one. I played my turnset yesterday morning, but had an absolutely stuffed day after that.

Attachments

• RBTS5 - Personality Disorder BC-1225.zip
    87.2 KB · Views: 100
Sincere apologies, here is the correct one. I played my turnset yesterday morning, but had an absolutely stuffed day after that.

OK - I've got it, but probably won't play until after work and class tonight.

I have not looked over the save yet, so if any major questions present themselves, I'll ask them tonight before I play.

Oh, boy.

Imagine the army of Landsknechts and Cataphracts. Or a Madrid with Bank, Grocer, Market, Apothecary, Mall, Mint, Bank and a Stock Exchange, with two shrines... :eek: Or Oxford + Madrassa + Library + Seowon + University + Observatory + Resarching Center + Laboratory + all the Monasteries + Academy. Yikes.

If you got the granary and terrace, would that mean that you store all food after growth? I don't see why not unless there is a mechanism stopping it.
If so whipping could become great fun :) You could easily grow a city every turn

Or lighthouse + trading post in a few coastal cities, +2 food per water tile.....

Hi,

(10) 1625BC [...] Great Wall built in a faraway land.
Now I'm confused. :confused: I thought not only the human's hammers, but also the AI's hammers would get lost during the civ change? Or did an AI really build this wonder in 10 turns? (AIs don't get production boni for building wonders, correct?)

-Kylearan

Since the AI is not changing leaders/civs, wouldn't they be able to keep their progress on buildings/research/wonders? :confused: That would explain the AI finishing off the GW. Also would make for a tougher game if the AI doesn't lose their progress.

Hi,

Since the AI is not changing leaders/civs, wouldn't they be able to keep their progress on buildings/research/wonders?
As I understand it, some dynamic game data like hammers produced, great people points or cottage maturity are not stored in a worldbuilder file, only in a normal savegame file. So any load/save operation in the worldbuilder should erase all of this info - even if nothing is changed, and regardless of who controls the civ (human or AI).

-Kylearan

That's a good question about the Great Wall, Kylearan. I'm going to assume that someone out there built the wonder from completion in a mere 10 turns. If they were Industrious, or had stone, it's certainly not out of the question. The Great Wall is dirt cheap as wonders go.

Let's see... We've gotten a little whip-happy of late, which is fine, but now we have to back off for a little bit at Madrid (which is suffering the last couple turns of double-whip unhappiness). The current builds seem fine to me, except I still don't get the monument construction at kwaDuzka. :confused: We can hopefully rely on religious spread for free culture there. Why not build the granary first? Unless playing a Charismatic civ, I try to avoid building monuments unless absolutely necessary. That's 45 shields that could have been a unit or halfway to a granary (or a FULL granary in this case, because we're Expansive!) I wouldn't go changing now, with 14 shields already invested, it's just something I probably wouldn't have done.

Topic for discussion: do we want to pursue the Oracle or not? If so, we must immediately swap Madrid over to the wonder when Priesthood finishes. We can reach size 6 and 15 shields/turn there (working the two clams, plus two plains hills and two grassland hills) for pretty speedy construction. Of course, this is Emperor, so we might already be too late. One way or another, we need to decide how to proceed as a team before moving forward. If we pass on the Oracle, I think an axe or two out of Madrid would be the next logical step.

We should also think about whether or not to swap to Christianity soon. That would boost relations with Toku, plus open up another happy face in Madrid. The downside would be no border expansion if Islam spreads to kwaDuza instead.

That's all I can think of for now. Good luck to sunrise tonight. :)

If you got the granary and terrace, would that mean that you store all food after growth? I don't see why not unless there is a mechanism stopping it.
If so whipping could become great fun You could easily grow a city every turn

Yah tried it ounce, your city grows till it has so much unhealthy it starts to starve.

Hmm, the monument was my build as I tend to not wait for religous spread and a monument can easily be whiped. But with expansive I should perhaps gone for a granary.

Good luck, sunrise!

Yah tried it ounce, your city grows till it has so much unhealthy it starts to starve.

delurk

Wow. Normal Lighthouse + Ragnar's Trading Post = uber coastal city. Or Levee + Dike.

Or Zulu Impis that are later transformed into French Musketeers.

This game will be awesome. :cool:

Also, this might have been lost on the way, but if we consider building any wonders, we pretty much have to use Sulla´s (the first after the change.) turnset.

Hope I didn´t restate something which was already crystal clear.

Not that I think that we will build too many wonders. But the Colosseus should be pretty interesting given our coastal cities.

Yes, you can! It's rather unlikely that we'll hit Rathaus + Ziggaraut + Ikhanda, but you never know!
If you got this, would a city gain money through maitenence?:crazyeye:

Yeah that would be because a Courthouse has -50% maintenance cost. Maths is sooo simple :D

Turn 2 - In a bit of mismanagement from me, I let the worker chop finish this turn. Our Zulu barracks finishes, and I start an axeman. I would rather have put the 9 overflow hammers into the:

Turn 3 - Start the Oracle in the Capital - I figure we should be able to end up with a decent amount of land anyways, and we have Priesthood, so lets see if we can outrun these Emperor AIs. Plus, I've never landed the Oracle on BtS Emperor. I run mac growth in the capital for two turns, and then work three mines at pop five...and run right smack into whip unhappiness. Anyways, I can still work the two plains mines, and we'll be able to add the grassland mine when the whip anger dissapates.

I don't think we've discussed the next tech, but Iron Working and Writing seem like the only real options. I'd normally take Writing since we have copper, but we'll need to clear jungle out sooner rather than later, and knowing where iron is might influence our city placement, so I select it.

Other than that, little to report - I put one chop into the Oracle and have another chop in progress. Our horse is hooked up and I started the road to our other two cities. Best of luck to the next player for completing Oracle.

The Roster;
Sullla - just played
TheArchduke - up!
sunrise089 - just played
Swiss Pauli - up!
Dantski - on deck

The Save:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/91988/RBTS5_-_Personality_Disorder_BC-1000.CivBeyondSwordSave

Got it. Not convinced about the Oracle, but seeing as we've invested quite a few hammers we best continue. Also, we should switch to Writing to enable a CoL grab, else we're stuck with MC or Monarchy as our tech choices.

MC for the Colosseus is probably not the worst idea, seeing as we have 2 religions already.

And don´t underestimate the GP Points we get from the Oracle, though thanks to civ switching this is another thing we should probably start with Sulla´s turn.

Top Bottom