Civ2 AISA "Whistleblower"?

Undefeated

Chieftain
:blush:I may be missing something here, but can anyone explain how the mighty Japanese Empire :goodjob: succeeded in "nuking" my city Exeter from their city Ise in a single move in this game, for which I'm hoping to have attached the two relevant saves for 1995 to 1996 AD? :confused:

Attachments

• EL_A2995.SAV
    162.4 KB · Views: 58
  • EL_A2996.SAV
    162.6 KB · Views: 97
The AI can launch missiles from any city (and I think submarine as well), regardless of where the missile actually is. So you were probably attacked from Magnitogorsk.

Thanks, Prof.G, for the explanation. It must be using AngryB's zoom trick. :cool:
One thing it cannot do is to go back to the original position and try something else. ;)
That makes us pretty much even, I guess. :thumbsup:
When I went back and emptied my units from Exeter, it nuked Brighton instead. :eek:
I never use nuclear missiles, because I find them less effective and more expensive than spies.
So the next time I went back, my only solution was to plant a nuclear device in Ise, which wiped out all the forces there.
If you look just offshore of their capital city Kyoto you will see a transporter with two spies laying in wait in case the Japanese spaceship overtakes mine. All I have to do is dodge their navy, etc. But keep it to yourself, because I don't want them getting wind of it. No more "guilty" feelings for me anymore. :king:

:cool: I know this is a bit late, but does the AI learn from its defeats?
Recently, when I've failed to launch my spaceship before the AI launch, I've been unable to bring back the AI ship by nuking its Capital City.

No. The AI is not sophisticated enough to be adaptive. It does not learn anything new, be it from victories or defeats.

No. The AI is not sophisticated enough to be adaptive. It does not learn anything new, be it from victories or defeats.

As Obi-wan Kenobi said in Star Wars: Episode II - "If Droids could think, none of us would be here..."

:cool: I know this is a bit late, but does the AI learn from its defeats?
Recently, when I've failed to launch my spaceship before the AI launch, I've been unable to bring back the AI ship by nuking its Capital City.

You have to actually *capture* that capital city, in order to force a spaceship return, but nuking it immediately beforehand makes it a bit easier if you have any land or helicopter units nearby. :)

Top Bottom