Active players ?

Still playing! Just have lack of time. Well perhaps I will find more time for civ2 after that catastrophic earthquake in Belgrade that will come soon.
Maybe I just won't live in Belgrade than, but definitely won't move to Valjevo.
See my profile for information on my playing style. :)

Always will be a Civ2 fan. Was the first, is the best. I've since played FreeCiv. That was good but couldn't figure out how to Mod it. ... Civ4 suks, Civ 5 is utter rubbish.

I Still play Civ3 mostly. I can design the game how I want to a point.

Civ3 has better visual play, but Civ2 still has the better AI game play over Civ3. But I never figured out how to "Mod" Civ2. like I can Civ3.

Q: any posts in the forums on how to understand the file systems.

PS: my first Civ2 was on Play Station :)

Hey Miroslav!

Would you like to play on our multiplayer group? And everybody is invited to join of course.... ;-)

Just writte me if interested!

Of course I'm interested, just will need some time to settle some things important to me.
And of course, after the earthquake, first have to survive that one (of about 10 Richter or so, as they are planning). And as I said if have to move than wont move to Valjevo (because of the dam they built here just up and near the city).

I am an active modder and hope to release a Christmas mod for the fantasy game mode this year around christmas time.
Never done anything like it before, learnin everything from scratch.
Has been fun tho

Super Miroslav!

Do you speak any russian by the way? You can send me an email and join this group on hamachi: civ2/multi1
pass: civ2

How do you know that there will be an earthquake soon?

Super Miroslav!

Do you speak any russian by the way? You can send me an email and join this group on hamachi: civ2/multi1
pass: civ2

How do you know that there will be an earthquake soon?

Of course it will be - other way why would they bother to prepare and arrange it?
Well, when Belgrade gets ravished almost to dust, capital will move to Krusevac.
I do not speak Russian but can understand it. I will check that group on hamachi in several months, not before. Thanks.

Но страный что я не найду что нибудь насчёт этого землетрясения, как ты знаешь? Я удостоверил опять и невазможно найти, совсем удивительно!

Does a serbian may understand this easily?

Но страный что я не найду что нибудь насчёт этого землетрясения, как ты знаешь? Я удостоверил опять и невазможно найти, совсем удивительно!

Does a serbian may understand this easily?

Čudno da nigde ne nalazim ništa o tom zemljotresu, otkud ti znaš za njega?
Ponovo sam potražio i ništa nisam našao, baš začudjujuće!

Does a Russian may understand this easily? :)

(Btw, its on Serbian latin, we do have a cirilic, too - same voices paired with the same letters just written different.)

Čudno da nigde ne nalazim ništa o tom zemljotresu, otkud ti znaš za njega?
Ponovo sam potražio i ništa nisam našao, baš začudjujuće!

Does a Russian may understand this easily? :)

(Btw, its on Serbian latin, we do have a cirilic, too - same voices paired with the same letters just written different.)

Not everything, you too use "da" to say "but" like us which too means "yes".

Например: "Сказка-ложь, да в ней намёк" (Пушкина цитата)

'Fairy tails are lies, but they too have a part of truth" (Pouchkin)

When you use the latin script it's like croatian?

Not everything, you too use "da" to say "but" like us which too means "yes".

Например: "Сказка-ложь, да в ней намёк" (Пушкина цитата)

'Fairy tails are lies, but they too have a part of truth" (Pouchkin)

When you use the latin script it's like croatian?

Croats do not exist as a real nation - they are mostly Serbs that converted to Catholicism. Croatian language do not exist linguistic - its Serbian language just with some of old Slavic words. Bosnian and Montenegrian language also. Montenegro is geographical term and means Black mountain - Crna Gora. Geneticaly they are all of Serb origin. Muslims in Bosnia are nothing more that Serbs converted to Islam and they also use Serbian language just with some Arab and Turkish words and in fact they use Arab personal names but their surenames ended on -ić. Thats about language.

Croats do not exist as a real nation - they are mostly Serbs that converted to Catholicism. Croatian language do not exist linguistic - its Serbian language just with some of old Slavic words. Bosnian and Montenegrian language also. Montenegro is geographical term and means Black mountain - Crna Gora. Geneticaly they are all of Serb origin. Muslims in Bosnia are nothing more that Serbs converted to Islam and they also use Serbian language just with some Arab and Turkish words and in fact they use Arab personal names but their surenames ended on -ić.
Very interesting. Based on what you said, the Serbs must have been early Christian converts (and hence orthodox). Then came the holy Roman empire and divided them into Serbs and Croatians by converting some to Catholicism. This was repeated centuries later when the Ottomans converted some to Islam and created Bosnians.

This got me interested enough to look up Croatia in wikipedia and I found the following passage fascinating:

The ethnogenesis of Croats is uncertain and there are several competing theories, Slavic and Iranian being the most frequently put forward. The most widely accepted of these, the Slavic theory, proposes migration of White Croats from the territory of White Croatia during the Migration Period. Conversely, the Iranian theory proposes Iranian origin, based on Tanais Tablets containing Greek inscription of given names Χορούαθ[ος], Χοροάθος and Χορόαθος (Khoroúathos, Khoroáthos, and Khoróathos) and their interpretation as anthroponyms of Croatian people.

Tried to look up the Tanais Tablets but could not comprehend much. What is behind the theory of Croatians being of Iranian origin?

Iranian origin, eh? That must indeed be a very intriguing theory to those who actually know about and understand it. It sounds somewhat like a scenario the old SL scenario designer Stefan Haartel, who was famous for his Ancient and Medieval Persian/Iranian-centred or, at least, -related scenarios may have relished in trying his hand at.

What is behind the theory of Croatians being of Iranian origin?

Academic fairy-tale. Does Croats speak Iraninan language. No. They speak Serbian language. End of discussion.

Theme is more for some kind of "Balkan penincula and origin of its inhabitants" forum (if there is some).

Academic fairy-tale. Does Croats speak Iraninan language. No. They speak Serbian language. End of discussion.

Theme is more for some kind of "Balkan penincula and origin of its inhabitants" forum (if there is some).

In my country,Romania,orthodox country like Serbia,near Serbia,the language is defined 'sarbo-croata'.Maybe is 'fair politics',maybe is a consequence of the communism,or counts the wounds between Serbia and Croatia,WW II and '90 wars.I hope that Serbia be in E.U and NATO in the next years:).

Always will be a Civ2 fan. Was the first, is the best. I've since played FreeCiv. That was good but couldn't figure out how to Mod it. ... Civ4 suks, Civ 5 is utter rubbish.

I Still play Civ3 mostly. I can design the game how I want to a point.

Civ3 has better visual play, but Civ2 still has the better AI game play over Civ3. But I never figured out how to "Mod" Civ2. like I can Civ3.

Q: any posts in the forums on how to understand the file systems.

PS: my first Civ2 was on Play Station :)

'Civ4 suks'...:). I play both,Civ IV and Civ II,and Civ IV Beyond the Sword sure not sucks,sucks the stupid game of the AI in Civ II...I played more years Civ IV BTS,sure,is a complicated game,have a real diplomacy,hard fights,deity 0,5 % chance to win,etc,but is the best game in Civ series, my opinion,and can be played multiplayer..Civ IV was Game of the Year,don't forget this,when a game 'sucks' can't be GotY,logical:).More Civ II-III players give their opinion 'Civ IV bad game' WITHOUT playing this game,2,3 maps TO FINISH.I never played Civ III to finish,can say 'Civ III sucks '? :). NOT...

Top Bottom