Did they remove the Great Wall?

You need masonry to build the great wall. But remember that most wonders in this game is different from the ones in Civ4. Not by name, but by content. It is hard for an old time CIVer like me - and probably you - to learn the new benefits of the "same" wonders.

The Great Wall benefit is that all civilizations are obliged to offer you peace, until someone else researches engineering. All-in-all, the Great Wall is not that great if you play on high difficulty (emperor and deity) because because the AI (in SP) or other CIVs (in MP) are quick in teching so you loose the benefit early on in the game.

The Great Wall provides NO benefit in multiplayer. It's literally just eye-candy. I suppose if you're at war with the AI, it helps... but I'd be more worried about the three other players than the AI, and it doesn't affect your war status with them.

The Great Wall provides NO benefit in multiplayer. It's literally just eye-candy. I suppose if you're at war with the AI, it helps... but I'd be more worried about the three other players than the AI, and it doesn't affect your war status with them.
From my experience this isn't totally true. I pleyed someone who built the GW and I couldn't declare war on him nor would he reply by diplomacy. The problem is if you build the GW and you already at war with someone they can continue the war by clicking "I'm too busy" and refuse to enter into diplomacy.

Even if GW has no benefits in MP it's always one step closer to building UN.

Just a quick question...

If a wonder like the Great Wall is rendered obsolete by another Civ getting the appropriate tech, do you still retain the culture bonus for said wonder?

Top Bottom