Modern Alliances

do you know the city icon for your new religions are wrong? sunni islam is the hindu sign and now buddism has an read and white thing lol

maybe he wasnt that bad of a president but he still sounded and acted like a 2 year old unless many americans get injured by a pretzel :p

you have to bail us out with money one time after ww2 and all of a suddern we have to keep relying on USA. we might of not need to rely on usa as much if you didnt insist on us paying you back for everything. we only finished paying you off for ww2 in 2006 :p

he was a great one and bad one :lol:

not sure if you heard the story, but when he was alected the other guy actually got more votes but he lost. This is because of how americas votes work. Each state has a certain amount of votes. So if a small state bush looses by 500,000 and in a big one he won by one, he will be ahead of the other guy based on those two states

haha why did uk hate him so much?

mmm im not sure to be honest lol.
i guess because hes seen as stupid and altho you are correct that he needed to take action after 9/11 the british public didnt want the war in afganistan and iraq and blame him for dragging us into the war as well as all the british soldiers deaths as an result of the war and probably even because the UK is seen as USAs lapdog so if the worlds current opinion of usa is bad which it was during he presidency(thats when there was a big anti-american movement in most of europe) then it effects the worlds current opinion of UK too lol

Well if you got riots for being against bush in the UK, you should have national holidays for roosevelt, truman, marshall and several other presidents.

I can see anti-american in middle east but europe, how quickly you guys can forget all of the things we have done :lol:

well as ive said before there was no anti american movements in the UK like the rest of europe and i call it anti american movement it was just crap loads of anti american posters when up everywhere but NOT in the UK
the UK may not always be USAs biggest fans but the UK doesnt forget history or our friends.

Mate dont forget who your talking to if it was up to me theyd be a national holiday for churchull and roosevelt :thumbsup:

your government likes to keep the british public on USAs side. you saw that with those docs released on wikileak which talked about how the british public consider the "special relationship" important so that the president should play up the the "special relationship"

haha im not saying uk, but all of germany, france and italy would have been comunist if it wasnt for us, we forgave billions of dept to europe post ww1 and ww2, dumbed so much into euro economy post ww2, and into germany in ww1 which was the best attept to avoid ww2, kept down russia from invading all of europe or exploading nukes, lead (along with UK) the ending of the slavik wars due to what is considered a genocide there. list goes on and on.

well uk does forget a little which is good, because if they didnt, you would still hate us and want to control us :lol:

well altho obviously at the time the American Revolutionary War hurt britains pride and im sure for a good while afterwards they would of liked to change the outcome but even before the war of 1812 our military has decided that another war with usa we would probably loose canada and so not worth having another war so america being Paranoid about GB was just that being Paranoid. we think it really worked out for the better long term for us winning the American Revolutionary War so why would we be still upset about that?
as for the war of 1812 even tho americans claim you won it even tho you couldnt take any of canada and we took washington dc and even your own historians say it was a draw. it was little in the news at the time due to the war in europe and i doubt many brits even know what the war of 1812 is.

they might not know what it is, but i bet you they know when it happened :p

That period does not interest me all that much, and i dont really know much about 1812 beside the big picture of course. Keep in mind there is a reason "we" think we won. After loosing DC, it was obvoius it was a mistake to declare war, so to many americans we were just fighting another revolutionary war to stay independent. So if you look at it that way, you can see why. Just like revolutionary war, if it wasnt revolutionary, we technically didnt win anything, as winning a war usually means you attack the other country. Plus keep in mind, you started of strong and then we ended strong, so people usually look at the end of the war and forget about the rest.

Not to mention it kept UK out of the way of our manifest destiny :lol: since that was a reason we declared war. So in that aspect we sort of won, but yes i do agree we didnt really win the war, but congrats, your the only one of three nations to attack us on our soil :D (if you dont include ourselves:lol:)

well you know me, im pro anglo-american alliance so as far as im concerned theres only 2 war reasons for british troops to be on american soil either to train with american troops or as unlikely as this one maybe defend american soil against our common enemies and nothing else.

haha second ones pretty unlikely, thanks to the atlantic ocean :D haha cause we aint getting invaded by canada or mexico any time soon

but when i said on our soil i did mean past, just you guys, the japanese and the al-kaeda if you count 9/11 has attack our land, not nearly the track record as russia has on its land :lol:

well i hate to say it my friend but i think the computers games have got it right, china will become your biggest enemy one day and theres a real chance in the future they may invade mainland usa and sadly none of your allies will be strong enough to give you any military help.

thing about attacking on home soil well as for russia. yes theyve been attacked on there soil many times but theyve never lost and take even britain before the 1000 years of never been invaded after 1066 we were actually invaded plenty of times and each invasion added to what we are and made great britain the biggest empire of all time and now a strong Democracy so you cant say it was a bad thing for GB and USA in the long term since you come from that same history too :p

Not anywere in the near future. theres a reason we owe billions of dollars to china, their economy is litterally based on international trade, mostly with the US. 95% of the stuff yo use in american stores have been built in china. If we put a trade embargo between us and china, the world economy would crash no doubt about it. both americas and chinas economy would crash in a day guaranteed. We need their cheap labour and they need someone to sell their stuff too. And honustly in the end we will end up stronger i beleive, becuase we would stop going international and keep jobs here, which would boost our economy a lot over time. The only problem is everyone needs to do it, one company doing it doesnt help, so why would a company do that if they loose money because their competitors are in asia.

Honustly your least favorite president helped with our relations a bit. During his administration, china and us worked closely to fight anti-terrorism as china was a huge helper financially in the wars as well as doing whatever to prevent terrorism, and also during bush administration, china turned a bit more anti-north korean with announcing that they are against north korea having any nuclear weapons whatsoever

chinas a tricky topic though, people say they are already as powerful as the us, then at the same time, i hear on the news "China gets its first aircraft carrier" and everyone in the us starts freaking out that chinas gonna take over. Ummm....we had hunders of those in WW2, they aint nothing special and expecially in the future they are going to be next to useless as all your gonna have to do is press a button on a missile and its gone.

3 biggest wars by far in last 100 years; good guys 3, bad guys 0
no reason we cant do it again :lol:

thing about attacking on home soil well as for russia. yes theyve been attacked on there soil many times but theyve never lost and take even britain before the 1000 years of never been invaded after 1066 we were actually invaded plenty of times and each invasion added to what we are and made great britain the biggest empire of all time and now a strong Democracy so you cant say it was a bad thing for GB and USA in the long term since you come from that same history too :p

Thats what i was saying about russia having a nice track record, and i do beleive better than UK, because you guys have a natural barrier, russia does not. I mean lets face it, battle of britain would of been a lot harder for you guys if there wasnt water in the way expecially if hitler never looked east.

If only hitler learned from Napolean, with his invasion of russia, ww2 would have been a lot different, expecially if he pulled out of stalingrad

yeah but you need the UK to win your wars :p look at all your wars in the last 100 years and the one war we didnt fight with you oh yeah you lost Vietnam hahaha :p

ohh yeahh i forgot cause UK was the country that won the cold war and insure russia didnt kill millions with nuclear bombs, because you guys were the ones to get to the moon and all that other stuff:p im assuming UK also almost singlehandedly won the war in the pacific and came into ww1 and ww2 and mad the allies won. Musta invented electricity and the assembly line as well! And while your at it why dont you be the only country in the world to help countries in the time in need like going to haiti after the earthquake (alright ill admit that one was a low blow). Also next time you guys are in a world war, you can send your own tanks, planes and soldiers to yourself :p and when that borrow a bunch of money from yourself you can just forgive the billions in dept

crap...i think i was talking about the wrong country :lol:

Thats what i was saying about russia having a nice track record, and i do beleive better than UK, because you guys have a natural barrier, russia does not. I mean lets face it, battle of britain would of been a lot harder for you guys if there wasnt water in the way expecially if hitler never looked east.

If only hitler learned from Napolean, with his invasion of russia, ww2 would have been a lot different, expecially if he pulled out of stalingrad

your right russia does have a good record but it would of been even better if it hadnt of been for that idiot that was stallin, stalin's purges in the late 30s wiped out most of the officers in there army so when the germans came no one had a clue what to do. both the USA and UK keep warning stallin what the germans were going to do. even the russians spies found out about it. they even found out the date and time it was going to happen and he just ignored it. utter moron lol

yeah well hitler was an idiot they needed atleast 6 times the number of planes we had to win but he only brought 3 times so the RAF kicked there asses lol :D
but seriously germany made 4 big mistakes during the battle of britain. 1.GB broke there codes which they never figured out. 2.even tho they had radar them selves. they didnt understand just how big of a difference to the battle all the radar stations around the UK made so they didnt try and take them out.3. just when there plan was actually working and the RAF was at braking point they decided it wasnt working and changed to bombing london instead which gave the RAF the time it needed to well win lol. 4. they seriously under estimated how many planes we could produce. we fed them fault info on how many planes we were making and because it was less than what the germans were making at the time they assumed that that was right when actually we were making 3 times the number they assumed we were making so when they thought we were down to our late 300 planes we actually had closer to 900 left

Top Bottom