What do people who like civ, play on their android phones

DragonKnight

Warlord
Any good civ ish games for android? The full game would probably be terrible on such a small screen with only a touch interface. But there must be interesting games that are lighter and have some of the concepts...

DK

Civfanatics.

:)

I'm interested in this too. I have an iPhone and haven't come across an app with good deep gameplay. The apps out there tend to be very cutesy and shallow.

There's this trivia game called QuizUp. Its the best around. Good for knowledge freaks like the stereotypical civ player :p

Plague Inc. (There's also now a PC version)

It's a strategy game on a world map with you developing a plague to wipe out the world population. You gain points which you can use to customise and improve your virus.

If you make the virus too virulent it will wipe out the sufferers too early and end in defeat for you.

You also need to avoid detection by the world's scientists who will notice diseases that are too severe and develop a cure.

Not a deep deep game but entertaining enough. You can play the entire basic game for free without microtransactions.

Nothing. Never found mobile games interesting.

I like Civ. A lot. And I have an LG G2. :)

I'm a pretty picky gamer, so a lot of the mobile games seem like rubbish to me (and not only "seemed", they "were" after I gave some a try).

Words with Friends had a good chance, but players were always abandoning games. That, plus, I felt like some were cheating on it at times. So, that game didn't last very long and was vaporized off my phone.

I only play two games on my phone right now.

- - - - - - -

XCOM, because I'm a big fan of it on the PC. Overall, the mobile version is really great (I can kill those aliens wherever I go, woohoo!), but the camera can be a little bit frustrating at times as you try and zoom in and out, pan, and rotate the screen. Maybe I just don't have the patience or I'm too used to the responsiveness of the PC version as I constantly scan over the map. That's why I don't play Ironman on my phone; I risk throwing it if I was to permanently lose a soldier or fail a mission due to just silly camera frustrations, haha.

- - - - - - -

Clash of Clans, my guilty pleasure. I almost gave up on this one when I first started playing it. But, once I read up on things on the wiki and other places, and watched some videos, I learned there's a lot more to it below the surface (for a mobile game). Also, it helps to find a decent clan of nice folks. Plus, I really like the art style of everything, the interface, and it's all very bright, clear, and bold (I'm pay attention to all these little things). I also like the lightness of it, it's not very serious. The tunes are nice too. I think if I sit quietly I can hear the delightful village music playing in my head, haha.

I tried another like it, Samurai Siege, which I thought could be fun and had a nice different flavor to it that I also liked. But, I just didn't like the look of things, or the interface and text, so it didn't last long on my phone.

Many get turned-off right away by the gem system, but it doesn't really bother me. I just do my own thing and have fun. Plus, once you get a higher income in your village, it's really easy to harvest the trees and bushes which constantly spawn around you for gems, including the nice gem chests which appear every now and then too. So, it's somewhat fair.

Plus, SuperCell seems like a cool group of developers that have fun with the game and they're constantly updating it (it seems, since I've been playing not too long ago). The latest event is a fun one where wizards are now half cost and train in only half the time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOcBJkk8Pt8

The month before that event was insane! To celebrate the game's 2nd anniversary, all resource collectors could be boosted to double rate for only 1 gem -- and instead of lasting for 1 day it was for a week! The raids I had towards the end of that week were pretty profitable. :viking:

- - - - - - -

I'm very very anxiously awaiting Civ Rev 2. It's going to be amazing to play that wherever I go too.

Also, I'm anxiously awaiting for a Hearthstone release for Android, which I remember reading plans about. I just hope it's implemented well for mobile screens. It worked well on my wife's ASUS Transformer tablet.

There's XCOM though I don't recommend it if you don't have more than 3 GB of space

I found a port of Heroes of Might & Magic II for the android, but trying to manage the battles is hard with the small screen--it would work better on a tablet.

Top Bottom