Quirks, Exploits, Loopholes, IMBAs: Any I Have Missed?

There is a variation on the pillaging bug.

Raze a city with many developed tiles, then send a military unit and a couple of workers to the now unclaimed land outside any cultural borders.

Repair/pillage forever, to earn gold with otherwise idle units during peace time. With pyramids/policies this can be seriously profitable.

There is a variation on the pillaging bug.

Raze a city with many developed tiles, then send a military unit and a couple of workers to the now unclaimed land outside any cultural borders.

Repair/pillage forever, to earn gold with otherwise idle units during peace time. With pyramids/policies this can be seriously profitable.

if you are Denmark, i think you just need 1 horse per 3-4 workers since they arent charged movement for pillaging. less unit demand for the extra gold. i think the only time i did this was later in the game with a lancer (not with the Danes) when I found out you can repair such tiles. but it was 1 horse per 2 workers. still, it was efficient and i wasnt using my lancer anymore.

What bothers me about this exploit is it's just not fun. Send workers to the front on deity against crazy units and pillage heal, okay. Building scouts and click-click-click-click every single turn just to get some gold...not so fun.

Another quirk for citystate quests. Often you're beelining technologies right? So say you're focused 100% on Education so much so that many other older and cheaper techs like sailing, optics or iron working etc may only take 1 or 2 turns to research.
Now if you keep your eyes on your citystate quests you may notice the quest to research the most number of technologies in a particular period. If that comes up (or more than one) it can be well worth delaying the tech you're beelining for just to research some 1 or 2 turn techs so you can win the CS quest.
Also barb camps near citystates don't always trigger a quest to clear the camp. In that case you should keep a swordsman unit between the CS and the camp to damage the barb units before they get to the CS borders. Once they are either on the CS border or inside the CS territory you can finish off the barb unit for 12 influence. That can be a very game-changing means of maintaining an alliance or friendship with citystates even if you're not getting offered quests you can complete.

Even better is to station a unit out side the CS borders and let them take 2 turns on the barbs coming out of the camp, then go in and finish them off. Don't attack the barb until you can take him out in one attack. You can do this for quite some time until the camp becomes a CS quest, then you take it out for the 40 influence. Good way to get a long lasting ally.

^^Huh.. you also get that extra cs alliance point bundle when you return a captured worker to a city state.

Another idea for Archipeligo maps, with insanely spawning Barbies, farm them out with Galleasses; find another patch of Barbies, or 3; clear a patch, but leave the camp; then go to next patch, give patch#1 alone for 10 turns and return . This keeps your navy busy, and clears out your local trade routes, as well. IF/when you can find a CS, or several, the usual trade/diplo- rules apply . I find that having: Increased Barbarian Spawn(mod), Unlimited Barb. Exp.(mod), and Ryika's Caravan Buff(mod), VERY most quite usefull !!, for boatloads of cheap culture and gold . Visit each Barbie patch every, say, 10-12 turns for decent farming and travel time, and fill your coffers !! Only kill a camp if it is in a spot you want to settle there .

Holy crap. Skyscrapers, Resettlement and Five Year Plan just became terrifying. Especially with Commerce for the money and super happiness.

Of course, every building gets sold and the population starved to nothing before the city is sold to some dumb AI that loves one tile islands ;)

Whoa! Did you just find a legitimate use for resettlement? That's amazing!

I kind of want to try that out now! (creating and selling cities to get more oxford universities for free techs)

If the AI burns the city down to the ground you can even potentially sell them the same one tile island multiple times!

Top Bottom