Unit Capturing Weirdness

Phanixis

Chieftain
I have been having problems lately when it comes to capturing civilian units such as workers, missionaries and great people with ranged units. Mainly, sometimes the ranged unit will choose to shoot the civilians, and sometimes they will capture them, and I am not certain why one is chosen over the other. But this has gotten me in serious trouble, as usually the ranged unit will take the course of action I don't want them to take.

Any idea what makes a ranged unit shoot and civilians vs. capturing them?

I could be wrong, but trying to move onto a unit when you're not at war with them makes them fire.

Can you use the move button from the left hand panel to ensure you move them and don't bombard? See if that works.

You can explicitly tell them to do one or the other. Go down in the lower left hand corner, where you would go to fortify them or delete them. The top two thumbnails are "move" and "ranged attack".

Just don't right click with a ranged unit when trying to capture a civilian unit. Always manually "move" the ranged unit to the tile where the civilian is.

Just don't right click with a ranged unit when trying to capture a civilian unit. Always manually "move" the ranged unit to the tile where the civilian is.

Where "move"means (1) select the 'move' button from the left hand actions panel, then (2) LEFT click on the tile (containing the civilian) where you want to move.

If you do (1) and then still right click, you fire instead of move anyway.....

Top Bottom