Splitting G&K from BNW

blindmouse

Chieftain
I have both G&K and BNW, however I have found that now matter what I do I always have the 'merged' game when I start up. ie, both extensions rather than being able to select one over the other. This results in mods for a specific version failing or not saving correctly. Even the mods that say they work for both sometimes fail to save correctly.
That said it may be that my version of Windows is causing part of the issue I am running Win 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit. Seems it should not interfere but maybe it does.
Can someone help me to get the extension 'separated' so to speak so that I can use mods that are for G&K only.

When you fire up the game and want to play a G&K only game (with or without G&K only mods), you need to start with the DLC menu (deselecting BNW) and then return to the main menu (and either directly into Single Player or into Mods, depending on whether you want to play a modded game). And you have to do this every time you start the game (it resets the DLC to enable all of them each time the game starts).

Yes, but if you are loading an old save created that way, you can just load the old save file and the first thing it will do is disable non-selected DLC and add any mods.

Yes, I should have mentioned that. The disable-DLC exercise only has to be done when you want to start a new game without a particular DLC.

Top Bottom