Better BUG AI

Better BTS AI 1.01b ? The download link shows 1.01a..is 1.01b out yet ?

Would it be possible for the game to show the version of Better Bug AI somewhere

Thanks and good work and many blessing upon your family

Which download link shows 1.01a?
jdog committed Better BTS AI 1.01b more than 25 hours ago and I immediately merged it in and uploaded to mediafire. A lot later I noticed that while I had compiled the new dll files, I had forgotten to copy them over, so the 2 people who downloaded it in that time frame got 1.00e dlls in their 1.01b package -_-
I re-uploaded the corrected pack a few hours ago, and now put it up on sourceforge too.

edit: I might have to shove in another update soon if this bug report is true.
edit2: Doesn't look like that bug affects this mod, my warrior still needed 2 XP for first promotion, 5 for 2nd, 10 for 3rd, 17 for 4th and 26 for 5th.

it looks like there are 3 folders one that says 1.01a BTW Better AI and then another that says 1.01b DLL fixes

Would it be possible for the game to show the version of Better Bug AI in the upper right hand corner next to its name when you start the game.

I think the version of Better BUG AI shows on your flag next to the mini map (when you mouse over it).

Components:
Better BTS AI 1.01b {{r576 }} <------- when i click this it brings up a list of folders
* AI Logging
BULL 1.2 r187
* Fractional Trade Routes
* New Sentry Actions
* City Governours Build Workers
BUG 4.4 r2232

Thanks Caboos..found the version..I am running 1.01b

When you click one of those links, you get taken to the trunk folder of the svn.. For the last log messages you can click on the revision number in the line with 'Directory revision:', there you can read up on what changes were made to the code recently.
And yes, the version you are running currently is shown in the flag hover, same goes for all other mods based on either Better AI or BULL.

After over 300 downloads for the last version, here comes the next - without any Better AI update though.

* BULL -> r200 - done
* BUG -> r2236 - done
* Turning Events with Images modcomp to BUG ingame option (was compile-time option) - done
* New BULL feature Health Effects from Removing Features considers bad health from building currently in construction if clearing the plot feature would reduce health too - done
* Same new BULL feature warns if health reduction will cause total health level to fall below happy level: ":health:<:)"- done
* Unofficial Patch stuff from LunarMongoose and snarko - done

* committing to SVN - done
* testing if what I produced actually works - well at least the Feature Health related changes I made no longer break the whole part beyond recognition. It was a good idea to actually test that before uploading :p EventsWithImages .. I'm just hoping that works. It's only a few lines of code so it should be safe.
* uploading - finally done too
* pressing the submit button and going to sleep - doing that now. Damn it's already 5am.

The pictures needed for Events with Images are not included in the installer because they'd almost double the size of the pack to ~7MB; and because I don't really find them all that satisfying. You'll need to download them seperately before you activate that option ingame, otherwise all you'll get are small pink squares on your random event pop-ups. The good part is you only need to get them once, no matter how often I update this mod.

Better BUG AI 1.01b (2010-06-10) is available on both mediafire and sourceforge this time because of mediafire troubles I just had.

Thank you for your updates Fuyu !
New infos on chopping are kinda buggy in my game, if there is no building in prod queue my worker can't chop... icon is hidden (shortcut still works however). I updated from previous version by overwriting old files, did I do something wrong ? (using BAT also)
Edit : in fact all worker actions are hidden when the bug triggers, farm/cottage/mine can't be done without shortcuts.

You need to set the Draw Method to PLE. And that should be the default for this mod, unless you are on Vista/win7 and already have the BUG mod installed, in which case this mod will probably share options.

Ok screw that, it defaults to vanilla even in my mod. Must have forgotten to change that.

I heard that question so often already, and as a result I had set the default to PLE long ago - it was the obvious choice and I still have no clue why BUG doesn't default to that anyway - but when updating to BUG r2191 that change got lost when I didn't merge but simply let the file from new BUG overwrite my old one.

I fixed that too now, no more defaulting to vanilla draw style. Uploaded new installers a third time today. Hopefully the last time.:whew:

Ok it's working now, thanks.
Another oddity I've seen is that some leaders will give you the diplo hit "our close borders spark tension" right from the start, even though obviously you're still far from sharing cultural borders. Not all leaders do that though, Gilgamesh and Alexander are concerned but not Ragnar/Mansa/Pericles... not tested all of them.
I don't remember seeing this with the previous release so I think it may come with this update.

Edit : Hannibal does it too.

I think I know where that comes from. It's a side-effect of jdog's changes to CvTeamAI::AI_isLandTarget(), which might have been made to make early rushes possible, not sure if that function even has any influence there though. It must have been there in the 2010-05-26 version already though, nothing was changed there in today's update.

You will get these diplo hits if both you and the other leader have the capital on the same continent, and that leader has a iCloseBordersAttitudeChange of -3 or lower. (Alexander has -4, Gilgamesh -3). But that only happens when large portions of the continent are unclaimed, so it should go away as you settle more land.

Getting a diplo hit just from starting on the same landmass and that diplo hit disappearing soon, that can't be intentional. I can totally fix this.

Top Bottom