Turn Discussion Thread II - Turns 51-100

Turn 69 --> 1240 BC

• Capital continues on forge to grow to cap
  • GE-Farm puts OF into temple (more whipping power?)
  • Workers pre-chop, etc.
  • Settler Unloads
  • 1 Warrior loads into returning galley

I would have GE Farm's OF go into a workboat (if its not too late), and start building a Granary immediately in the new city.

Also, adopt Police State.

edit: Did we meet Ragnar?

We already switched to PS. Our WB is much faster to chop in the new city, forget about the granary, we need to chop a trireme and get some horses out.

Looks like we won't meet ragnar for 2 turns, unless he bumps into us. That's assuming conspiring carthage doesn't DoW us.

Then how about a Trireme in GE Farm? I just feel like there's something more immediately useful than a temple.

GE-Farm is going to be a whip farm now. And its much more bonuses toward a temple.

Guys let me know as soon as we meet Ragnar, send me pm or something.

We were able to finally meet Ragnar, but things don't look good.

Obviously, this was Cyrius/Han's doing just to make sure we don't get anything for MC. I suspect they goaded Ragnar into researching it for them.

overflow in pyramids city should go into granary. we need the granary to grow bigger then 3 (4 after the clams are up).

temple we absolutely dont need right now. granary also is the biggest boost to whipping we can get, so please do a poll for granary vs temple or switch to granary:p

concernig ragnar:

best you can do in a 6 player game is get 4 players allied against the other 2. if we happen to be in the 2 team, best to focus on military techs from now on. if we find out we also cant trade with ragnar, we should get cities and some more cities up and running and prepare for war with catas + xy. waiting only will make us face maces and lbs with catas and swords;)

-> if you cant win, best to have fun and do the maximum damage to your idiot neighbours:D

Couldent we try to get the second horses?
Might block carthage from getting horses for a while, also we could try to trade them for something fancy.

Doesn't look like they have anything to give Amazon.

Are we communicating with Ragnar now? Thread? Looks like they just whipped something substantial last turn. 4-pop score dive mid-turn.

I refuse to build a granary in GE-Farm, since I already built one in there a while ago. Hence, the temple.

I refuse to build a granary in GE-Farm, since I already built one in there a while ago. Hence, the temple.

i only can repeat myself:

GIVE US SOME CITY SCREENS OR WE CANT HELP YOU IN CITY MM:(:(:(

without any idea how our cities look like (im pretty used to some detailed reports with lots of screens, cities and so on in demo games) nobody has any idea what our cities are doing and have already done...

-> if we already have a granary in pyramids city, i would opt for starting a trireme and finishing it with the overflow of the first settler whip...

I agree. I've been at a loss about what's going on in the cities for a while. Can't really comment on stuff like the temple build.

Maybe we could even start a city management thread of some sort now that we're past the initial Sandkasten stage?

I put detailed descriptions in the updates, but here's some inside shots for the upcoming turn:

Thanks for the pics obs, just a small thing, when taking the screenshots can you please hang your mouse over the whip button so we can see how long until the anger subsides? thanks.

I thought I did but looks like I didn't. Anyhow, 4 turns for capital. It think we should grow 1 more pop and then 2-whip the settler.

Vikings are being really stupid. They still haven't logged in to do their turn, and they may not do so until the last minute. Meaning despite we met them here, it's pointless. I even mass-pvmed numerous members on their team to wake up. Still not even one response???

This can't be good.

well, its as we already have suspected:

4 vs 2 and we and pacal are the 2...

i simply assume that we wont get any techtrade out of the 4 allies. we should ask them directly, each of them, IF they want to trade with us NOW, just to be sure. if we dont get a positive response (or any response) we have to adapt our plans to this situation.

our best option from here on:

->if the 4 teams are cooperation, we cant keep up in tech. but if they are stupid enough to focus on civil technologies, we can still reach construction in time.
-> gear up for war and cripple our most annoying neighbour.
-> dont expand too much, get a small empire with good infra.
-> our goal should be 6 cities only, 3 on our island and 3 on the central landmass. the 3 on the central landmass with big overlap.
-> techs we need are: writing, math, contruction, ironworking, theo (bulb with priest in capital.

for doing so, we need 3 more settlers. 2 from capital and 1 fom pyramids city. best whipping point in capital is 4->2, so please switch to settler right now.

might very well be possible that i find some time next week to do a simulation for the next 20-30 turns or so with the buildup and warfare preps.

-> we should start research again, going for writing ASAP, iron next

-> we shouldnt play to win right now, better we play to have fun and go down in flames (taking the most annoying neighbour with us;))
-> we should accept any treaty we are offered from the allies and should feel free to break them at any time to get some more surprise, surprise in our warfare project:)

Top Bottom