Civilization III: Worldwide

I have not runinto that yet, but have little time in so far. I think that it should fall back to find it in the Civ3 vanilla art folder. It exist there for sure. Well at least the archerVictory.wav does.

I have not runinto that yet, but have little time in so far. I think that it should fall back to find it in the Civ3 vanilla art folder. It exist there for sure. Well at least the archerVictory.wav does.

Hi, and thanks. I use to fix this stuff with ease, but I haven't played in a while. Yeah I changed the settings to this: ..\Archer\ArcherVictory.wav. It should be okay, I think. ;)

You might have to make a copy of the file in the Archer folder and put a space between the "archervicyell" and the ".wav", because some versions of Civ put a space in a couple of the units' names, for reasons unknown to me.

Some interesting concepts in this mod! :D Just need time to play it...

I never understood why every written description of the Hog says how ugly it is. As a tanker, I thought they were the most beautiful thing in the sky.

Is that because its shape is pretty or because you were happy to have their firepower available for support?

All right, what turret gnome is sneaking on my computer while I sleep and changing things up? I know that Mongol wonder was a Great one cause when I play tested the thing it worked. I can see that clearly in the screen that I put in post 2. Same for the Turkish archer, and both very shortly before release. In any event, I'm gonna pop up a new Biq tonight in post 1 that should be straight. Sorry for the mistakes.

Elephantium: A bit of both, I suppose, but I liked the A-10 even as a wide-eyed kid. It's mean, nasty, down & dirty, which is more my style than something graceful like an Eagle (in its own right an outstanding and sharp-looking aircraft).

Not only is the download corrupt, but the original is as well. Sorry for the problem. I am making a new part 4 and will be uploading it shortly. I've tested the complete folder and the 1-3 parts and they seem to work OK.

While you're here, Sandris, a very large thank you for sharing your units. This game simply would not exist without your help. I'm also looking forward to the new units you're working on which will fill some critical areas. One of my secret goals is to use maybe some Mongol, Persian, and Indian units to piece together a Central Asia civ.

Ok, the updated part 4 is uploading to AG now and should be ready about 1930Z.

great mod dude but i think a few more resources would not go a miss also the game seems to go far to quick ,are you going to do a future ERA in forthcoming months or is that it

Can a granary and the vineyard attribute co-exist in the same city?

Also, what are those government-named city improvements (that supposedly cost 9990 shields) all about? :confused:

Assassination units will be good :) just an idea :rolleyes:

How do you see them working, and what units could be used?

great mod dude but i think a few more resources would not go a miss also the game seems to go far to quick ,are you going to do a future ERA in forthcoming months or is that it

Thanks. What resources would you like to see included? Any more luxuries and they will go off the bottom of the city screen, and too many strategics cause the list to contract into a menu sooner. Also, more bonus resources mean that there is a smaller distribution of specific types, which means I'd need to make more Fishy bonuses so the seas wouldn't be depleted. Any specifics?

Also, with the regular editor we are limited to four eras. I'm not into sci-fi stuff myself, but I think there are some mods here that incorporate robots and things into a future era. But that's far from it...there's a lot going on in the works, and I don't want to include it piecemeal.

Can a granary and the vineyard attribute co-exist in the same city?

Also, what are those government-named city improvements (that supposedly cost 9990 shields) all about? :confused:

They most definitely can, and I've just learned that having two of these buildings will actually double your city growth, so I might have to tinker with that. The government buildings are just so you can see the government becoming available on the tech tree. I suppose this needs a civpedia entry for clarification, and I'm considering doing the same thing for new resources.

While you're here, Sandris, a very large thank you for sharing your units. This game simply would not exist without your help. I'm also looking forward to the new units you're working on which will fill some critical areas. One of my secret goals is to use maybe some Mongol, Persian, and Indian units to piece together a Central Asia civ.

Thank you very much. :)

How do you see them working, and what units could be used?

well there could be stealth units for each flavor civ. or perhaps can help me on that one :)
or they can have something special on it but i doubt civ 3 unit can do that , like they can have convert or pillage or both, just an idea like a special unit for each civ but unknown

and I've just learned that having two of these buildings will actually double your city growth

Sweеt! :) Good luck with improving your already fantabulous mod.

Oh, and *snrk* you used the s-word in the "Pollution" civilopedia entry. :D

I've just downloaded the mod and started as Russia. But I have two questions about settings:
1) Why the player can select any victory conditions, but can't disable the "respawn AI players" (to be honest, I hate this option)
2) If I'll change this (i.e. respawn AI players) in my biq-file, where does it lead? Perhaps, Your mod strongly requires this option and will crush without it?

And some my grumbling... 1) Mongolian rulers weren't khagans (khans only). Khagan - title of Turkic and Khazarian rulers. 2) IMHO Montesuma's title "chief" sounds a bit humiliating. In fact, Pre-Columbian Mesoamerica was the relatively advanced civilization (unlike of bunch of North American chiefdoms). Maybe title "king" or "emperor" or "tlatoani" is more suitable there.

Anyway, great work. It's amazing that people continue to create such an epic things in the Age of Civilization V

Oh, and *snrk* you used the s-word in the "Pollution" civilopedia entry. :D

I had to look up the entry to remember what it was. :) As a general disclaimer, I was drinking heavily while making this mod.

can't disable the "respawn AI players"
And some my grumbling... 1) Mongolian rulers weren't khagans (khans only). Khagan - title of Turkic and Khazarian rulers. 2) IMHO Montesuma's title "chief" sounds a bit humiliating. In fact, Pre-Columbian Mesoamerica was the relatively advanced civilization (unlike of bunch of North American chiefdoms). Maybe title "king" or "emperor" or "tlatoani" is more suitable there.

Thanks, Atoll. Because of the editor set-up, I had to choose one option. Feel free to change it to no respawn, it's not important to the game.

Funny that you mention that cause I read some conflicting opinions while researching this. Some said that Khagans were the big dogs like Ghengis and Mongke, and others that it was, as you said, a Turkic title. Surely it's hard to say exactly what it was 700 years ago, as people translated and borrowed titles to legitimize their own rule. As for the Chief, that's the Firaxis default. Any alternative to either one is cool with me.

Hey Civ-lovers, here's some questions that you could consider if you are playing this mod. I'm working on some changes, so it'll help. Tango mike.

• Game Length-In the first draft, the game turns worked pretty good in comparison to the tech tree, until the late game when I ran out of turns. When I messed with this, it seemed to screw the whole thing up. So, how's it work for you? Does the mod need more total turns? At what time frame does the calendar year skew madly from your development (researching steam engine in 1947)? I'm trying to find the best time set-up.
  • How's your flow?-In the original version of the mod, money flowed like running water. With the change to Civ-2 size 2 cities, though, inflation got under control better. How's your cash flow? Do you have too much money, or too little? How's your balance of luxuries and science?
  • Difficulty- Do you find the game harder or easier than regular Civ3? Do you adjust your difficulty level from what you normally play at?
  • Wish list- What improvements, wonders, or units would you like to see added? Be as specific as you like, including civ, stats, era, and government type.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I fixed my problem, but I just want to know how to take off the Respawn AI option without screwing everything up.

I fixed my problem, but I just want to know how to take off the Respawn AI option without screwing everything up.

Well, it's easy. Simply open Your "Worldwide.biq" file in Civ3ConquestsEdit.exe & go to scenario > scenario properties > default game rules & deselect "respawn ai players" there.

here's some questions that you could consider if you are playing this mod. I'm working on some changes, so it'll help.

Game Length No, I don't think You should change this at all. Default Calendar is better choice. IMHO speed of technological progress mainly depends of the player skills, and not of the technology cost or calendar settings. So, in any case, someone will colonize Space in 1600 AD, while someone will build steam engines in 2000 AD :lol:
How's your flow? I can only describe the 1st era situation (since I'm play slowly and carefully). My Scythia/Russia rich as Rockefeller (something about 400 gold in 1250 BC :eek:) and some of my neighbors even richer (from 100 to 800 gold). The main result of such situation is that player can't worry about support of army & even the agressor and warmonger will always choose the republican-like governments (as it was in my "Rhye of Civilization" games).
Difficulty It is difficult to say yet (in 1250BC). Btw agricultural expansionist Russia - a powerful combination! In my game (huge map, 20 civs, monarch level) I almost didn't build the workers, buildings or Wonders. Only settlers and primitive city guards. And what do you think? We, wild Scythians, became the scientific leaders and first philosophers (1475 BC) in the world (while Hellenes are the most ******ed people in my game). So, early expansion looks easier than in original game.
Wish list I have one crazy idea (you decide it reasonable or not). You have civ-specific buildings, wonders and techs, but what about civ-specific governments? List of main governments should stay the same, but (for example) Greeks and Italians should receive early republic (analogue of usual republic, but in 1st era), China - some more efficient variant of monarchy, Mesoamericans - Theocraty, which allow them the sacrificies of captives for culture (but this ability becomes obsolete in later 2nd era), etc.
And You should calm down your volcanoes. One of them (near my capital) erupted 3 or 4 times during 4000-1250 BC. My people are afraid to even go there. :D

With the game length, my main concern is just that you don't run out of time at the end.
The money situation is designed to be good in the early game, especially with the science rate caps. This helps open up more options for negotiation and for upgrading in the medieval era. You can't rush builds with money until Autocracy, anyway. But upkeep costs can still be tough, so running in the red is an option. Like Rome, you have to conquer to pay off your debts to the army.
Yeah, Russia was an AI powerhouse in every test game I had. The Expansionist trait was designed to give better results in the early game. Glad to see you're getting your lead early!
Civ-specific govt's were toyed with a lot while I was making this. It's a can of worms, though, cause once I make "Ancient Republic" for Greece and Rome, everyone is gonna be justified to have specialized governments. Besides being time-consuming to make, I'm concerned that it will reduce options since you're always gonna go for your special government. I dunno, I'm still on the fence on this one.
Thanks for the comments! Try to keep your workers safe from the molten lava!

Top Bottom