Final Frontier Plus

The main thing with resources on planets is that I don't feel like adding such a major new feature to Star Trek at this point. I also have fears of GameFont.tga and scenario incompatability.

The WB code I'm thinking of is this, in CvFinalFrontierEvents.py:
Code:
			# Loop through all plots, find the Solar Systems and give them randomized starting junk
			for iPlotLoop in range(CyMap().numPlots()):
				pPlot = CyMap().plotByIndex(iPlotLoop)

if (pPlot.getFeatureType() == self.iFeatureIDSolarSystem):
					iYield = -1 #No preference
					pSystem = createRandomSystem(pPlot.getX(), pPlot.getY(), iYield, iPlanetQuantityTypePoor)	# Called from CvSolarSystem
					self.addSystem(pSystem)
I'm pretty sure this got moved to the map scripts.

I guess I'll wait to the next version. That means I'm in one of the few times where I have time to actually play civ.

I've been working on developing 1.6, which so far has added a lot of XML tags.

However, in the meantime, we now have a mod subforum!

I intend to keep this thread here but probably some discussion will move to the mod forum (with the opening of specific discussion threads).

Hey just a little thing about version 1.51, the Red Syndicate's rapid construction worker cannot build a sensory array unlike all the other construction workers. And man the sensor arrays are abnormally huge. I hope this could be addressed in the next patch, thanks

v1.6 has been released... and while there's no new content, there is a pretty long changelog:

-Added building tags for required moon or rings, and for buildings on the same planet
-BuildingClassNeededs tag no longer makes a building have to be on the same planet
-Added unit tag to override upgrade price from this unit (for starbases)
-Added unit tags for delta and omega units (double upgrade cost from normal to omega, for starbases)
-Added trait tags for yield changes and yield changes with trade routes
-Added unit tags or missile units and movement sound
-Added building tag for "single building ring location" (on-map building art stuff)
-Added building tag for planet yield changes with a specified trait
-Added trait tag for free buildings on every planet
-Re-added missing golden age code (again)
-Worldbuilder now adds resources to planets when they are added to a system plot
-Fixed text key error for Omega Battlecruiser
-Fixed bug with buildings not switching properly when a city is taken
-Fixed bug where sensor array spawned missiles like Starbases do
-Fixed bug where Rapid Construction Ship could not build sensor arrays
-Fixed bug where Cruisers didn't provide Military Happiness
-Fixed bug where New Earth cities had 3, instead of 2, population
-AI now checks for Mag-Lev before trying to build Commercial Satellites
-AI now tries to build resource-specific buildings on resource planets
-AI now likes settling systems with resources
-AI should now try to build Extended Habitation Systems and Nanoextraction Upgrades
-Tweaks to flavor values for Lu Tianqu (leader) and Terrestrial networking (tech)

Bugfixes (but, unfortunately, not for everything- the Pirates still don't spawn anything heavier than a Destroyer), AI adjustments by God-Emperor, and a lot of new XML tags comprise the bulk of this release.

I haven't yet updated the modder's guide section on all these new tags, but I will get to it eventually.

I'd also like to release the first version of the Mod Platform on this version (assuming there are no major bugs), but that won't be out anytime soon, I'm afraid.

When I try to unarchived it, I get a CRC error.

Interesting- I don't get one. Which download?

Try just double-clicking on the .zip to open it and then run the .exe file inside.

Okay, patch 1.61 has been released, fixing all the bugs reported by God-Emperor this morning:

-Fixed bug where all upgrade costs were 0
-Fixed bug with the Star Fortress graphics
-Fixed bug with the nukes (nuking capitals)
-Pirates can't spawn Delta Battleship until Galactic Era

I wanted to get this out there now, rather than wait any longer for any more bugs, as the first bug was extremely gamebreaking.

Your link to v1.6 patch is broken. change 'do=edit' to 'do=file'

Fixed the link... sorry about that, I copied the URL when I was editing the file for some reason (although, I guess you figured that out).

Interesting- I don't get one. Which download?

Try just double-clicking on the .zip to open it and then run the .exe file inside.

I get a CRC error when I try to unpack the big archive.
I installed the small one plus the 1.61 patch, but unfortunately the game crashes when I try to load the mod. (I have Windows 7).

He's not the only one having the problem. The file appears to be corrupted, and neither running it directly or extracting it works. As a side note, WPC directed me to the wrong file twice before the corrupted one started to download.

Edit---OTOH, the smaller 1.6 patch to the original FF seems to work fine, along with the 1.61 patch to that.

He's not the only one having the problem. The file appears to be corrupted, and neither running it directly or extracting it works. As a side note, WPC directed me to the wrong file twice before the corrupted one started to download.

Edit---OTOH, the smaller 1.6 patch to the original FF seems to work fine, along with the 1.61 patch to that.

Okay, I'm getting that error too. (Well, the download error- but I'm not sure what you mean about WPC redirecting you to the wrong file).

Not sure what's wrong though. I'm afraid I'm not on my home computer so I can't instantly reupload it.

I get a CRC error when I try to unpack the big archive.
I installed the small one plus the 1.61 patch, but unfortunately the game crashes when I try to load the mod. (I have Windows 7).

See above for the unpacking error.

As for your crash... I have 64-bit Windows 7. So the only thing I can think of is that you don't have Final Frontier still installed on your computer, which is why download 1 wouldn't be working.

What stage of loading the mod does it crash at?

Hey wated to thank you for all the hard work that has been placed in this MOD.

I have a question, when I try to place an extractor the construction ships will spend the time at that spot to build them but never actually build anything. It will also still sit there trying to build the extractor for as long as you leave it there. If this is a know bug I am sorry i didn't see it. I have all the way up to the 1.61 patch installed.

SO thanks again for the work.

It is a bug in 1.61 that I recently reported this over in the FFP forum, Bugs thread.

I'm not sure what the exact problem is, but my current guess is that it is in the DLL code relating to swapping the Starabse improvement for the Starbase unit when that improvement is done.

Hello,
This is a wonderful mod. My husband and I are playing it together all the time. Thanks for all your hard work.

I haven't searched the entire thread here, so this may have been mentioned before, but in case it hasn't been mentioned...Was it your intent to move the planet in the 6th slot of the solar system from influence level 1 (available on first expansion) to influence level 2 (available on second expansion)? The influence rings in the original Final Frontier were 3 planets on influence level 0, 3 planets on influence level 1, and 2 planets on influence level 2. For your mod they are 3, 2, 3, instead of 3, 3, 2.

Anyway, the information display the player gets by double-clicking on an unsettled solar system does not match the way the mod actually works...as far as when the player gets access to the 6th planet. It makes information management a little difficult, in that one must always remember to account for the misinformation, and I, for one, don't always remember...

It appears that this mod has been combined with the Final(er) Frontier mod. Will the secondary character traits for leaders from the Final(er) Frontier, that adds another set of eight available leaders, be implemented soon in this mod? I think this feature added a whole new level to the strategy of the game. I also liked the scout ship being a two-stepper as its minimum movement range, and would appreciate the implementation of this feature.

One final note, the Civilopedia does not seem to have an entry for the sensor array, so while I'm sure it's a great idea ;), I don't know what it does...

Again, thanks for making a great mod even better.

Hello,
This is a wonderful mod. My husband and I are playing it together all the time. Thanks for all your hard work.

I haven't searched the entire thread here, so this may have been mentioned before, but in case it hasn't been mentioned...Was it your intent to move the planet in the 6th slot of the solar system from influence level 1 (available on first expansion) to influence level 2 (available on second expansion)? The influence rings in the original Final Frontier were 3 planets on influence level 0, 3 planets on influence level 1, and 2 planets on influence level 2. For your mod they are 3, 2, 3, instead of 3, 3, 2.

Anyway, the information display the player gets by double-clicking on an unsettled solar system does not match the way the mod actually works...as far as when the player gets access to the 6th planet. It makes information management a little difficult, in that one must always remember to account for the misinformation, and I, for one, don't always remember...

I don't think I changed that... so it's probably a Finaler Frontier change. I guess God-Emperor forgot to update the planet info screen.

I'll look into this.

It appears that this mod has been combined with the Final(er) Frontier mod. Will the secondary character traits for leaders from the Final(er) Frontier, that adds another set of eight available leaders, be implemented soon in this mod? I think this feature added a whole new level to the strategy of the game. I also liked the scout ship being a two-stepper as its minimum movement range, and would appreciate the implementation of this feature.

I do intend to merge the new leaders and traits. The real reason I didn't when I merged Finaler Frontier is that I wanted... more creative names than God-Emperor used (for instance, John Richards and Johnathan Richards). Then I got busy working with other things and put the leaders on the back burner, hoping I'd think of better names.

But I haven't, so I'll probably just merge them next version.

I don't intend to merge the scout ship movement range of 2. PieceOfMind argued earlier in this thread that the current system makes early exploration take more time, like it should (until more advanced technologies are developed). I agreed with him and didn't merge that bit. So for the time being, it stays that way.

One final note, the Civilopedia does not seem to have an entry for the sensor array, so while I'm sure it's a great idea ;), I don't know what it does...

Again, thanks for making a great mod even better.

I think that the entry is under Units instead of Improvements... because like the Starbase, it's not actually an improvement.

What it does: It's 50% the cost of a Starbase that provides line of sight over a wide area (I think it has a base visual range of 2, with all three sensor promotions). I took it from deanej's Star Trek mod.

I don't think I changed that... so it's probably a Finaler Frontier change. I guess God-Emperor forgot to update the planet info screen.

I'll look into this.

I do intend to merge the new leaders and traits. The real reason I didn't when I merged Finaler Frontier is that I wanted... more creative names than God-Emperor used (for instance, John Richards and Johnathan Richards). Then I got busy working with other things and put the leaders on the back burner, hoping I'd think of better names.

But I haven't, so I'll probably just merge them next version.

I don't intend to merge the scout ship movement range of 2. PieceOfMind argued earlier in this thread that the current system makes early exploration take more time, like it should (until more advanced technologies are developed). I agreed with him and didn't merge that bit. So for the time being, it stays that way.

I think that the entry is under Units instead of Improvements... because like the Starbase, it's not actually an improvement.

What it does: It's 50% the cost of a Starbase that provides line of sight over a wide area (I think it has a base visual range of 2, with all three sensor promotions). I took it from deanej's Star Trek mod.

I just rechecked both Final(er) Frontier and the original mod. It turns out that the problem comes from the original...and I never noticed it when we were playing that one. Sorry to complain about a mistake you didn't make. Anyway, if you have any idea of how to fix this, it would be a helpful addition.

Ok...I can buy into the one-stepper scout.

About the Civilopedia, I think there probably is an entry for the sensory array under units, because there is a info pop-up when you select Starbase units and it takes you to chart with the 3 levels of starbase and the sensory array. However, the entry is not on the units index, so it isn't very straightforward getting information on the unit.

Thanks for your prompt reply, and thanks for your continuing efforts on this terrific mod.

A few things:

The whole "preview panel doesn't quite match what really happens" issue is something I've noted a few times but never really thought about. Making them match would be good, but first it should be decided which one is the one to go with. Moving that 6th planet into the 2nd influence zone would be pretty easy (but it would change the play to make that 2nd border pop less important and strengthen Halis) - all it would take is changing the ">=" on line 475 to a ">" to move the 6th planet out of the 3rd set into the 2nd set. Changing the preview panel is only a little more difficult as you have to move the influence zone label and adjust the label spacing allowance to happen where it should.

in Finaler Frontier the 2nd leader's names are very similar to the originals as a reminder to me that they are pretty much the same leader - the only difference is the secondary trait, every other characteristic in the leaderhead XML is still identical for each pair.

There is an entry for the Sensor Station in the Units section of the Civilopedia, right after "Scout" and right before "Starbase". There is only one level, no Delta or Omega version. My main issue with them is that they are strength 0, so you pretty much have to keep a ship (or two) on top of them.

If you want fast exploration, you can play as the Avowers. Their UU, the Recon Ship (plus delta and omega versions later), is an improved Scout and is still speed 2. This is a large advantage for exploration and goody acquisition in the early game. I also find that it can be worth it to upgrade an experienced Scout to a Delta Scout, when it becomes possible, just to get the extra speed as the delta version has a base speed of 2.

Just for what it's worth, I think I would prefer the 6th planet going in the middle ring. For one thing, that's how I always thought it worked. For another, it seems the easier fix. And it can certainly be justified with the "we explore first what is closest" idea... On the other hand, I'm not an expert on balancing issues, and I can recognize that those are the most valid motivations where a modder has to be very careful.

Another request related to the division of the planets into influence levels, is it possible to indicate on the "city screen" the influence tier, (maybe by shading the background, or inserting a border between influence levels) to aid quicker calculation of information? Just a thought...

My husband had a great idea for the names of the secondary rulers...use the contributors to this project!!! What better way to honor the hard work of these folks? You could probably use Jon Shafer, too.

After giving thought to TC01's explanation of the one-stepper scout, I find that I agree with him. Although, I'm always impatient to see what lies under the shroud. I'm a shroud-buster kind of player...no corner of the map or universe left unturned... :)

Please understand that I think this mod is a masterpiece, and that I'm only making humble suggestions for small improvements... Thanks!

Top Bottom