[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

Customize

- Add a new TSL for a custom civilization / city state
Spoiler :

you can add a TSL for any custom civ by editing the CivilizationsStartPos.xml file (or MinorCivStartPos.xml for a city state).

you need 2 things :
- the civilization type name (like "CIVILIZATION_ARABIA") that you'll find in the custom civ mod files.
- the tile location of the map you want to use it in.

for example, if you want to add the dutch TSL on the giant map, open Earth_Giant_blank.Civ5Map in the world builder, locate the plot here (edit plot tab) and note it (I'll use plot 16,70).

then find the tag <Civilizations_YagemStartPosition> (or <MinorCiv_YagemStartPosition> for CS) in CivilizationsStartPos.xml (or MinorCivStartPos.xml for CS), and add a row like this:

Code:
		<Row>
			<Type>CIVILIZATION_DUTCH</Type>
			<X>16</X>
			<Y>70</Y>
		</Row>

(search/insert in the <Civilizations_YagemStartPosition> tag for the huge map and <Civilizations_CordiformStartPosition> for the standard map)

(note that I havn't checked if "CIVILIZATION_DUTCH" is the right type, verify in the dutch mod ;) )

save your change and try to start a game selecting the Dutch, if all civs start at random pos, then you may have made a typo in the XML file.

you're limited to 22 major civs in game atm, if you have all the DLC then you'll have at least one civ missing in game if you use any custom civ.

It's on the first post of the topic, but I've quoted it above

ya i know how to do that pouakai. thats not the problem. when i play with city states g&k V. 1 only very few city states come on the map if i play on the huge map. The giant map is already set up by gedemon. If i use city states V. 6 then there is no problem. problem is with that is V. 6 wont work with 34 DLL.

hmm Gedemon I am using the normal DLL so only 22 civs, and I notice that only around 29 to 34 cs appear so you were right the old city states were removed by the devs. No more Edinburgh and Copenhagen cs. :( Can you add them back in again like how you add the new cs (Riga, Ile Ife.etc.)

I don't remember if I've set the CS TSL for other maps than the giant earth. I guess I didn't.

Does anyone that know how to open a map in WB and how to edit XML files want to help ? :o

I want more CS on the standard map. I opened it in Word Builder. What do I need to do to add more city-states? Just find locations. tell me the files to edit and I'll give it a shot.

from OP:

Customize

- Add a new TSL for a custom civilization / city state
Spoiler :

you can add a TSL for any custom civ by editing the CivilizationsStartPos.xml file (or MinorCivStartPos.xml for a city state).

you need 2 things :
- the civilization type name (like "CIVILIZATION_ARABIA") that you'll find in the custom civ mod files.
- the tile location of the map you want to use it in.

for example, if you want to add the dutch TSL on the giant map, open Earth_Giant_blank.Civ5Map in the world builder, locate the plot here (edit plot tab) and note it (I'll use plot 16,70).

then find the tag <Civilizations_YagemStartPosition> (or <MinorCiv_YagemStartPosition> for CS) in CivilizationsStartPos.xml (or MinorCivStartPos.xml for CS), and add a row like this:

Code:
		<Row>
			<Type>CIVILIZATION_DUTCH</Type>
			<X>16</X>
			<Y>70</Y>
		</Row>

(search/insert in the <Civilizations_YagemStartPosition> tag for the huge map and <Civilizations_CordiformStartPosition> for the standard map)

(note that I havn't checked if "CIVILIZATION_DUTCH" is the right type, verify in the dutch mod ;) )

save your change and try to start a game selecting the Dutch, if all civs start at random pos, then you may have made a typo in the XML file.

you're limited to 22 major civs in game atm, if you have all the DLC then you'll have at least one civ missing in game if you use any custom civ.

Ok, I got that but how do I increase the number of City-States that are allowed to be in game. When I started a map of the Cuniform it only let me choose 6. I'd like to hav ethe option of having 22 city states in game an dthen you have to either ally or conquer them to expand big.

You have to add the positions of city states in the MinorCivStartPos.xml file by adding rows between the <MinorCiv_CordiformStartPosition> tag , then save it.

You have to add the positions of city states in the MinorCivStartPos.xml file by adding rows between the <MinorCiv_CordiformStartPosition> tag , then save it.

I see. Adding the CS's increase the number. I added all of the positions so now its up to 42. XML file attached.

Attachments

• MinorCivStartPos.rar
    3 KB · Views: 38
now i screwed it all up pretty good. I tried what ekmek just posted on the huge map and now in the setup screen 0 city states can be chosen....grrr....i give up.

I'm having trouble setting up a game with custom civilizations. I'm trying to include the Inuit and the Zulu. I downloaded those mods and edited the CivilizationStartPos.xml as follows:

Code:
<Row>
			<Type>CIVILIZATION_INUIT</Type>
			<X>138</X>
			<Y>84</Y>
		</Row>
<Row>
			<Type>CIVILIZATION_ZULU</Type>
			<X>29</X>
			<Y>10</Y>
		</Row>

I only edited the .xml for the Giant Earth map as that's the one I want to play.

The only Mods I'm using are the YnAEMP (v. 17), YnAEMP City States G+K (v. 1), YnAEMP .dll, and the 2 custom civ mods.

Everything seems to be fine when I get to the setup screen. I select 26 Civs (including the 2 custom Civs) and 29 City States.

When I try to start, the loading screen will start with my leader's info screen, but after about 3-5 seconds it Crashes To Desktop.

I've tried each of the custom civs individually and neither of them allow me to start the game. When I've tried without the custom civs I have successfully started a game.

Any ideas?

now i screwed it all up pretty good. I tried what ekmek just posted on the huge map and now in the setup screen 0 city states can be chosen....grrr....i give up.

Are you saying my file caused an error - because standard worked fine for me. Or did you try modifying this file for the huge map? I thought the huge map was already with CS locations. I copied all the names from there and just changed the locations for the standard map.

no its not ur file. im sure its fine. its the huge map i tried it on and its a no go. im sure i did it wrong. i just reinstalled the mod so im ok.

I'm having trouble setting up a game with custom civilizations. I'm trying to include the Inuit and the Zulu. I downloaded those mods and edited the CivilizationStartPos.xml as follows:

Code:
<Row>
			<Type>CIVILIZATION_INUIT</Type>
			<X>138</X>
			<Y>84</Y>
		</Row>
<Row>
			<Type>CIVILIZATION_ZULU</Type>
			<X>29</X>
			<Y>10</Y>
		</Row>

I only edited the .xml for the Giant Earth map as that's the one I want to play.

The only Mods I'm using are the YnAEMP (v. 17), YnAEMP City States G+K (v. 1), YnAEMP .dll, and the 2 custom civ mods.

Everything seems to be fine when I get to the setup screen. I select 26 Civs (including the 2 custom Civs) and 29 City States.

When I try to start, the loading screen will start with my leader's info screen, but after about 3-5 seconds it Crashes To Desktop.

I've tried each of the custom civs individually and neither of them allow me to start the game. When I've tried without the custom civs I have successfully started a game.

Any ideas?

Just in case anybody else is having the same problem, I found the solution. It's the number of City States. Somebody said earlier that 29 was the magic number for setup, but apparently having that many was causing my game to crash as it loaded. Reducing it to 20 allowed it to start normally. I'm not sure that 20 is the maximum, it's just the first one I tried and it worked.

However, on a (possibly) unrelated note--I am having some crashing issues in general. I have not been able to find a consistent reason for the crashing, and often when I try to replicate the crash it doesn't happen. Sometimes, however, I get a CTD and when I try to load up the game again it crashes during the loading screen (repeatedly). Trying this one day later, it no longer crashes. Any ideas?

Okay. So I am about to start making a 1939 scenario with your giant map. I am fine with the city placement and what not but how would I allow 25 civs and 40 city states on the map? Because the extra civs and city states are in two other mods (the 34 civ DLL mod and the G&K extended city states mod).

After adding the necessary civs/city states, how would I edit their names?

are you working on the city state G&K. Version 1 has barely any city states in the giant map and i tried everything i could think of to make it work. Make a version 2 please that has the city states all back like it was in version 6 before g&K. thanks

Okay. So I am about to start making a 1939 scenario with your giant map. I am fine with the city placement and what not but how would I allow 25 civs and 40 city states on the map? Because the extra civs and city states are in two other mods (the 34 civ DLL mod and the G&K extended city states mod).

After adding the necessary civs/city states, how would I edit their names?
what do you plan exactly ? :)

are you working on the city state G&K. Version 1 has barely any city states in the giant map and i tried everything i could think of to make it work. Make a version 2 please that has the city states all back like it was in version 6 before g&K. thanks

working for me, can you post your Lua log please ?

Top Bottom