[BUG LIST] DoaNE bugs

Isabelxxx

Prince
This thread will contain a compilation of all the known bugs as well as any discussion to fix them.

Please report any bug in this thread so we can easily locate and fix it. Green bugs are already solved (in the next patch), red means unsolved yet.

Known bugs for DoaNE 2.0:

• Automated Exploration not working properly for the player.
  • Sailor (UNIT_SAILOR_EXPERT) can found a city.
  • Agronomist can found a city.
  • In some difficulty levels the AI is not getting a Colony Builder.
  • Illogical trade proposals when trading with the Natives.
  • Europe Cost when recruiting and unit display strange random values.
  • Maps given by Native Chiefs ("ask to speak with the chief") and goody huts are not stored, since they are not given to the unit.
  • Fur trapper doesn't work properly. The amount of fur given is not modified.
  • Native Raids are performed even when you defeat the native units.
  • Wrong graphics for all Native units & Marauder in Civilopedia.
  • Cristoforo_Colombo & Marco_Polo buttons with green borders. Wrong sizes in buttons.
  • Python exception when opening Europe Screen (0).
  • Expert Farmer working in the sea gives more food than Expert Fisherman.
  • Previously added new worldsize types were not being used by map scripts.
  • Python exception while creating the map in a new game due to missing worldsize types in the dll.
  • Interface.You can't choose a land unit group with ALT + Click when naval stay with the land stack.
  • You can't choose a unit group that already finished move.
  • Set Cannons and repair ships popups are not closed if you close the europe screen.
  • Set Cannons and repair ships popups appears multiple times if you click multiple times in the buttons of the Europe screens.
  • Found colony disabled while the ship is in a citiy.

See next post for more details.

Detailed explanation of all the known bugs:

1. Automated Exploration not working properly for the player (not sure for the AI): with the addition of maps the tiles are not revealed before returning the unit to a city. Automated exploration makes the units to go over and over again the same tiles because they are considered as not revealed...

Possible workaround:
    Change the way Automated Exploration works. The unit should explore a few tiles and automatically return to a city, then explore again. That would make the explored tiles revealed and our unit could explore new lands.​

2. Sailor can build colonies in any place without pack-builders. I'm currently working on it.

3. Illogical trade proposals while trading with Natives. I offer 20 tools to natives and I ask for 20 food. Natives refuse it and ask me to give them 16 tools and they give me 20 food. They suggest to obtain less resources in the transaction?!!

4. Wrong graphics for all Native units & Marauder in Civilopedia.

5. Cristoforo_Colombo & other buttons with green borders

6. Python exception when opening Europe Screen (0): Opening the 1st Europe Screen (docks) returned a python exception without major consequences in gameplay.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 96, in showEuropeScreen

File "CvEuropeC0Screen", line 167, in interfaceScreen

AttributeError: CvEuropeC0Screen instance has no attribute 'appendtoHideState'
    ERR: Python function showEuropeScreen failed, module CvScreensInterface
    AttributeError
    :
    'module' object has no attribute 'appendtoHideState'

7. Expert Farmer working in the sea gives more food than Expert Fisherman: Expert farmed need to have bSeaChanges=0 to Zero and Expert Fisherman needed to bLandChanges=0. Also, the bonus in food given is now fixed and not a percentage.

8. Agronomist can found a city.

9. In some difficulty levels the AI is not getting a Colony Builder.

10. Europe Cost when recruiting and unit display strange random values.

11. Native Raids are performed even when you defeat the native units.

12. Fur trapper doesn't work properly. The amount of fur given is not modified.If you place an Expert Fur trapper in forest or tiles with fur bonus the amount of fur given doesn't change according to what you have set in the XML file. They never give +3 fur for ex, but only +1 or +0 (nothing). This also happens when working in a tile with fur bonus.

13. Maps given by Native Chiefs ("ask to speak with the chief") and goody huts are not stored, since they are not given to the unit: The map is not given to the unit that asked to speak with the chief, therefore with the map system featured in the mod, that map is simply revealed the first turn and then it's lost forever. Returning the unit to a city will not count those tiles as explored.

14. Previously added new worldsize types were not being used by map scripts: In previous versions 2 more worldsize types were added to map generation: WORLDSIZE_CONTINENTAL & WORLDSIZE_PLANETARY
    These were not really being used by the map script even if you selected them in the option screen.

15. Python exception while creating the map in a new game due to missing worldsize types in the dll: In previous versions 2 more worldsize types were added to map generation: WORLDSIZE_CONTINENTAL & WORLDSIZE_PLANETARY
    These were not listed in the DLL as new worldsize types leading to python exceptions while creating the map.

16. Interface.You can't choose a land unit group with ALT + Click when naval stay with the land stack.

17. You can't choose a unit group that already finished move: You have to select a unit one by one.

Attachments

• Bug1.jpg
    Bug1.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 826
Good idea! I think it's important to have this thread. Very useful!

Illogical trade proposals when trading with the Natives.
I think I fixed it, you can check with the git version I sent you. This is the last version of DoaNE, but you can't really play with it. I added debug elements useful for me but that makes the game unusable.

I think you uploaded the old DLL, it's not debug and it seems to work exactly as before:

I propose 20 tools / 20 food and they counter-propose me 16 tools / 20 food. Still the same.

They are natives, no fools ;)

Also, this give me an idea I will explain you later.

Attachments

• Europe_bug.jpg
    Europe_bug.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 257
  • cargo_bug.jpg
    cargo_bug.jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 233
  • Europe_bug2.jpg
    Europe_bug2.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 232
  • Tutorial_bug.jpg
    Tutorial_bug.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 277
  • Profession_bug.jpg
    Profession_bug.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 254
  • Europe_cannons.jpg
    Europe_cannons.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 229
  • found.jpg
    found.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 254
  • found2.jpg
    found2.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 272
Oh... thank you M07. Take your time, don't worry.

About this, I thought that apart from being fixed for ALL the natives we could create a new trait.

"Fair trade"

Native leader with this trait could still offer that "fair" counter-propose even when they could gain more with your 1st one...

The rest should have the proper behavior.

What do you think?

I have been tidying up the Art\Units\ folder so now each type of unit is clearly sorted according to a pattern. Then changing all the references in XML. You will see the result in the repository.

While doing this I found 2 things:

A bug in civilopedia graphics. In professions: Marauder & all native units are using dummy standard graphics. This is due to the use of Unit Art Styles specific for native tribes... so the unit itself has not a default skin in Civilopedia. About the Marauder, I'm not sure... there is a Marauder unit, a Marauder profession, but I don't see the problem.

Dutch_East_India_Man & Maraudeur2 graphics folders are unused yet but added to the mod (?). No problem, I need the 1st for a new ship I created and the second will be useful too.

Attachments

• Bug2.jpg
    Bug2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 770
  • Bug1.jpg
    Bug1.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 877
Fixed the bug in civilopedia graphics. Now all the professions without a default unit have an unit assigned. It's easier to implement than the python changes required to make Unit Art Styles work in civilopedia and the other Pedia Fix available in this forum.

Attachments

• Civil.jpg
    Civil.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 246
@M07 & Dazio:
Check in the repository the file Change-log DoaNE.pdf, there I'm explaining all the changes I have made up to now.

Fixed a bug in python files that provoked a python exception in game when opening the 1st Europe Screen (docks).

AttributeError: CvEuropeC0Screen instance has no attribute 'appendtoHideState'
ERR: Python function showEuropeScreen failed, module CvScreensInterface
AttributeError
:
'module' object has no attribute 'appendtoHideState'

Fixed error that provoked Farmer giving more food than Fisherman when both were working in the sea.

Attachments

• 11_fisherman bug.jpg
    11_fisherman bug.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 841
Updated with the bugs of this thread

I have tried to fix the Fur trapper bug, but the error doesn't seem to be in the XML (at least in the yield changes tag). Not sure if it's related to the DLL or the unit info has something wrong in other place...

The Europe costs bug is related to the DLL.

Maps given by Native Chiefs ("ask to speak with the chief") and goody huts are not stored, since they are not given to the unit

Crash on start

Attachments

• MiniDump.zip
    10.3 KB · Views: 209
  • MiniDump2.rar
    9.6 KB · Views: 208
  • MiniDump.rar
    8.3 KB · Views: 216
  • Minidump 1 with autosave.zip
    317 KB · Views: 241
  • MiniDump 2.zip
    54 KB · Views: 218
  • MiniDump.7z
    8.6 KB · Views: 216
Previously added new worldsize types were not being used by map scripts: In previous versions 2 more worldsize types were added to map generation: WORLDSIZE_CONTINENTAL & WORLDSIZE_PLANETARY
These were not really being used by the map script even if you selected them in the option screen.

Python exception while creating the map in a new game due to missing worldsize types in the dll: In previous versions 2 more worldsize types were added to map generation: WORLDSIZE_CONTINENTAL & WORLDSIZE_PLANETARY
These were not listed in the DLL as new worldsize types leading to python exceptions while creating the map.

SOLVED.

Native Raids are performed even when you defeat the native units.

Now no raid is performed in the city if the defender won the battle.

SOLVED.

Fur trapper doesn't work properly. The amount of fur given is not modified.

Solved.

Top Bottom