Corporations

asioasioasio

Fallout Scrubber
Ok it was mentioned before, but... when you see the full list of companies in civ and theire dependancy by resources - something need to be changed - so it needs to be less mitsubishis, ford GM, porsche, Renault etc.

I ask you about some propositions:
It could be done this way:

USA - 2 Corporations
Germany - 2 Corporations
Great Britain - 1 Corporation
France - 1 Corporation
Japan - 1 Corporation
probably playing with python the list could be longer

On the list the country is missing is USRR - but it's obvious that state property isn't good situation for founding companies.

On the other hand looking also on type of corporations in Civ (connected to bonuses) i have few other ideas

Creative constructions - Bauhaus (tough Nazi party closed this company in 1933 :()
Mining Inc - Broken Hill Proprietary (it's Australian)
Civilized Jewelers - De Beers (south African)
Cereal Meals - Mars, Incorporated (USA)
Standard Oil Company - exchanging oil to coins

I still don't know what way of doing corporation to choose

If you have ideas / propositions i would be glad to hear

Asioasioasio, in regard to corporations you need Python only to display additional ones. I believe a number of twelve can be achieved without adding a new line in the city screen. If you want the skeleton of the corporation mod I started tell me. It has some BASIC python change but not much as I don't really know python. My goal is to replace strings of text with font icons and add a mouse over with the old text. For now, it's beyond my abilities. I can work out the nifs if you need help.

USA: Standard Oil Company and Ford
Germany - Porsche tanks and MB for planes
Great Britain De haviland
France Dassult or Renault
Japan don´t know right now
Finland Outokumpu metals or Nokia Paper mils or boots or valmet
Sweden Saab

@ snipperrabbit :)

yes please on both - asiox3@yahoo.com
i would check the python files - the 12 would be good number - additional company from usa + couple of others countries for example from scandinavia :)
about .nif - yes please but when we finally choose wich one :)

couple of others idea
IG Farben (Germany) - producing Dye, but extra bonus will be included - it was huge chemical and farmaceutical company
Mitsubishi (Japan)

I decided to use this one (i have couple other on reserve list) - it Gives 8:

Name / Headquarter Location / Type Of Industry
GE (General Electric) / USA / Conglomerate
ADM (Archers Daniel Midland Company) / USA / Food Production
Standard Oil / USA / Petroleum Refining
Anglo American PLC / Great Britain / Mining
Chanel (The House of Chanel) / France / Apparel
Bauhaus / Germany / Engineering, Construction
IG Farben / Germany / Chemicals
Maruha / Japan / Food Production

I choosed them mostly because of usage of bonuses and effects they could give. I resigned from making motorization and military industry mostly because they wouldn't be represented well in Civ without mayor changes in SDK (i'm far from making 6-8 companies using the same bonuses and producing only hammers)

If you want i can post logos :)

ok wait a sec - i have collected logos - tough they need some edition to make it valuable for civ

only one corp for the UK?

Pre WW2 the international currency of choice was still GB£ Sterling and the British Merchant Marine carried over 50% of the worlds cargo. The UK was one of the worlds major financial centres, at the time, the USA was the only other one really with an equal finacial sector.

There is also, the Sterling Area, ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sterling_area ) the worlds largest trading block which was controlled by Britain, it was geared to be advantageous to the British economy, perhaps UK should have 2 corps in light of this and Germany with its rather rigid command economy only 1?

yup just one

I needed 9 corporations annd 2 for UK would be to much.

Trading ocmpanies are counted in Trafalgar Square wonder - one of the bonuses is +1 trade rout in cities with access to sea.

heh, okay, just thought i would ask

just downloaded the mod and about to install :)

Top Bottom