Indian Resources

soprismb

Chieftain
The game guide says, "The maximum amount a resource can help a civ by age is as follows: mid: +2, industrial: +3, modern +4. Sounds good so far, right? Uranium is +4 but you can only get that in modern, so we're on track.

But what about Indians?

They've got access to all resources throughout the game, right? So my question then is if you prop them down next to a uranium deposit in 2000 B.C. and you can work that square, do you get the +4 benefit? What's the deal with that?

Indians get a resource bonus of +1 in ancient, +2 in medieval, +3 in industrial, and +4 in modern.

I've heard people say that the Indians bonus borders on unfair--just not by a lot of people on here. China seems to be the fav among players here--does it seem like India is always winning to you though, Hertsh?

I've heard people say that the Indians bonus borders on unfair--just not by a lot of people on here. China seems to be the fav among players here--does it seem like India is always winning to you though, Hertsh?

No I wouldn´t say that Indians are overpowered. I haven´t played Indians that much honestly, and I´ve found them interesting to play but they are not better than others. One good thing with India is that they always have a resource in their starting location, but otherwise it isn´t that good.

No I wouldn´t say that Indians are overpowered. I haven´t played Indians that much honestly, and I´ve found them interesting to play but they are not better than others. One good thing with India is that they always have a resource in their starting location, but otherwise it isn´t that good.

I disagree. If you can find something like Rubber, Whale, Uranium, Deer (?), or even gold early on, it is a godsend, and you will likely win.

I disagree. If you can find something like Rubber, Whale, Uranium, Deer (?), or even gold early on, it is a godsend, and you will likely win.

Yes it is powerful but you don´t get the full bonus until modern age and by then anyone that want the bonus has researched the required tech.

Top Bottom