BUFFY & HOF Mod Releases

Is there any way to change the display in the top center of the map, it displays event logs which can also be seen if you click on the "book", upper left. Specifically, I would like the events to remain displayed longer and perhaps have more lines so I have more time to notice all the events before they scroll off or dissapear.

This is the crux of the problem. The BUFFY mod options are held centrally, rather than for each account on the PC.

I don't remember if I replied to this yet (I just fixed the first bug listed in the quoted post). If not, you should be able to create a different UserSettings folder for each user. Create this folder hierarchy in your My Documents folder:

Code:
My Documents/
    My Games/
        Beyond the Sword/
            BUFFY/
                Info/
                UserSettings/

As you can see, create a folder called BUFFY and copy to it both the Info and UserSettings folders from the BUFFY-3.19.001 folder. You may need to then remove the original, but I don't think so.

I don't remember if I replied to this yet (I just fixed the first bug listed in the quoted post). If not, you should be able to create a different UserSettings folder for each user. Create this folder hierarchy in your My Documents folder:

Code:
My Documents/
    My Games/
        Beyond the Sword/
            BUFFY/
                Info/
                UserSettings/
As you can see, create a folder called BUFFY and copy to it both the Info and UserSettings folders from the BUFFY-3.19.001 folder. You may need to then remove the original, but I don't think so.

Thank you. Yes, you did reply to my point (though I may have neglected to send any response. Hope not)
It does all work very well the way you have described, and I have been using a PC set up this way for a couple of weeks now with different settings for two civ-players.
Oh, and you don't need to remove anything from the original folders. You suspected correctly.
:D

Awesome. I still had your message up in my browser so I wouldn't forget to fix the MapFinder panel title thing. I finally fixed that last night and couldn't remember if I had responded. Glad to know I did and more so that it works. :) Thanks! :goodjob:

This is a great mod, and an awesome upgrade from earlier HoFMods. Among the countless improvements, I liked the more comprehensive autolog.

However, it took me a while to find out that the autolog file itself is by default saved in the Program Files\...\BTS\Mods\BUFFY-3.19.001 folder, instead of the more intuitive My Games\BTS\Autolog folder previously used by earlier mods.

No big deal, I thought, and copied/pasted the desired path to the appropriate window in the options menu. I played a quick test session and went searching for its autolog - but it was nowhere to be found! I tried to repeat it with a new game/autolog without success. And I did search my entire computer in windows explorer! Any hints?

This is a great mod, and an awesome upgrade from earlier HoFMods. Among the countless improvements, I liked the more comprehensive autolog.

However, it took me a while to find out that the autolog file itself is by default saved in the Program Files\...\BTS\Mods\BUFFY-3.19.001 folder, instead of the more intuitive My Games\BTS\Autolog folder previously used by earlier mods.

No big deal, I thought, and copied/pasted the desired path to the appropriate window in the options menu. I played a quick test session and went searching for its autolog - but it was nowhere to be found! I tried to repeat it with a new game/autolog without success. And I did search my entire computer in windows explorer! Any hints?
I'll look at this tonight.

Thanks, ruff_hi, but after searching this thread with more detail, I tried the following advice, and now it is working properly.

This is just the default location for the options. You can create a folder called "BUFFY" in each player's "My Games" folder and copy the Info and UserSettings folders to it. It should use those first, but you may need to remove them from the BUFFY-3.19.001 folder after copying them.

p.s. it looks that the folder GameSetUpCheck must also be moved to the new location, if we want a valid HoF game.

ahh - so where is it putting the AutoLog directory?

I think it was failing because the Autolog path is a relative path. Putting in a full path doesn't change that, and so the resulting path is invalid. It insists on putting the Autolog folder inside the UserSettings or Data folder maybe?

My autolog.txt files show up here:

C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\AutoLog\

Edit: Sorry, the above path is Vista specific; it would appear on 2000/XP in C:\Documents and Settings\...\...\My Games\Beyond the Sword\AutoLog\

Why would they appear anywhere else (by default)?

Not immediately obvious how to turn it on or off:

I originally thought the autolog feature was turned on like nearly all BUFFY features, but I did need to check a box to enable it. I've been very pleased with it, though perhaps the on/off check box is a bit too subtle; I had to look at the interface three times before I realized how to turn it on/off. Obvious, only after one knows where it is. Just to be clear, this is a trivial complaint; I would not have mentioned it, if the topic of the autolog feature had not been brought up for other reasons.

Sun Tzu Wu

Since I fixed it, it now shows here:
C:\Documents and Settings\...\...\My Games\Buffy\Autolog

When I just inserted a given path in the options\logging screen the autolog file simply wasn't created at all, and a previously present autolog folder wasn't found under UserSettings or Data anymore. Anyways it is working now, so I won't mess with it again! :)

Since I fixed it, it now shows here:
C:\Documents and Settings\...\...\My Games\Buffy\Autolog

When I just inserted a given path in the options\logging screen the autolog file simply wasn't created at all, and a previously present autolog folder wasn't found under UserSettings or Data anymore. Anyways it is working now, so I won't mess with it again! :)

I'm using Vista and don't have a Buffy folder inside the "My Games" folder. Should I have one or is it only needed for optional features?

Sun Tzu Wu

I'm using Vista and don't have a Buffy folder inside the "My Games" folder. Should I have one or is it only needed for optional features?

BUFFY will look in several folders to find its UserSettings folder. If you want your INIs and other settings and Autolog stored outside of the BUFFY folder, My Games is one place.

1. Create a new folder called "BUFFY" inside "My Games".
  2. Move the Info, UserSettings, and GameSetUpCheck folders from the BUFFY-3.19.001 folder here.
This allows multiple BUFFY versions installed simultaneously to reuse the same options, and for each user on the computer to have their own set of options.

I played a game through, and once the game completed BUFFY autosaved my victory file.

However, it seems to have glitched.

Has anyone else experienced problems like it?

(failed victory save attached)

Attachments

• Per_Mon_Sta_Big_Mar_Anc_1752-AD_Tem_Hig_Aug-29-2009_15-18-35.CivBeyondSwordSave
    68 bytes · Views: 52
I played a game through, and once the game completed BUFFY autosaved my victory file.

However, it seems to have glitched.

Has anyone else experienced problems like it?

(failed victory save attached)
yes, but
1) I had made a manual save, and got the game through
2) it was not with buffy, but with 3.17.00?
I guess it's just not reliable.

Top Bottom