Akkadian Empire

patronofthearts

Chieftain
Hello everybody. I have never yet posted a mod to these forums, but I have been an occasional visitor/downloader. I am new to modding, so this civ is fairly simple--not a whole lot of new graphics or anything, but I still tried to make it worth checking out. I think it turned out pretty well. I might add some better graphics, more leaders/cities in the future.

This will be part of a mod eventually encompassing the entire ancient Middle East, possibly including any of the following civs:

The Halaf culture
The Ubaid culture
Uruk
Third Dynasty of Ur
Mittani
Hatti (Hittites)
Kassite Empire
Philistia
Israel
Judah
Assyria
Phoenicia
Phrygia
Chaldean Empire

I am an archaeologist of the Middle East at a major American university, so I have a pretty good background on this stuff. I have for the most part figured out what leaders, unique units, cities etc. I want for all these civs, so hopefully I will get them done one at a time and upload them here. If I get them all done, I would like to make them into a single Ancient Middle East mod with maps and its own tech tree and such. I have a little bit of experience in graphic design, but only in 2D, so if anyone enjoys these mods and is interested in helping contribute some better graphics, that would be a great improvement.

The Akkadian empire was a kingdom of Mesopotamia in the 3rd millenium BC. They conquered the Sumerians and consolidated the region militarily, and they are widely considered the first real "empire." I attached an image of the Victory Stele of Naram-Sin, the most famous artifact from the Akkadian civilization. Pretty cool stuff. If you are interested, there is more information about it in the Civilopedia.

The Akkadian Empire

Starts with: Mysticism, Mining
UU: Composite Bowman (Archer)
UB: Victory Stele (Monument)
Leaders:
Sargon: Aggressive, Imperialistic
Naram-Sin: Expansive, Charismatic

DOWNLOAD HERE

screenshots?

EDIT: saw the download link. you do know there is an animated Sargon out there right? or some others that could pass for him.

Really? I have been trying to learn blender using the tutorials on this site, hoping to make my own animated leaderheads. I didn't see a Sargon in the forum. Really, I would rather do an original one if possible, but I don't really know if I have time.

I wanted to put the screenshots here, but for some reason I can't use any of the text tools. The buttons won't work. Does anyone know why?

Thanks for the comments, guys. I am probably going to add some custom unit graphics (and maybe leaderhead) to this in the near future.

Top Bottom