Help! Where is the Forbidden City?

golakers

Chieftain
I'm currently playing as the Americans on a huge map and I have 14 cities all on the same continent. I need to build a Forbidden City to offset some corruption in my empire but its not available to build. Im chugging along tech wise (late middle ages), Republic, and haven't had contact with any other civilizations yet. Am I missing something here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm assuming that you have explored your whole continent, if you have navigation you need to explore you need to find at least one other civ. I 'm not sure how big your continent is but if it only holds 14 cities you probably just need to make sure that your palace is centrally located. I don't know why you can't build the FP check to make sure the governer isnt building it for you. Once you find the other continents corruption is gonna kill you so try to build one of them in the other continent.

I can't figure out why its not an option - the only prerequisite is to have over 8 cities on one continent, right? I have 19 now. Like I said, Ive built it before but haven;t seen it for a while. The only thing I can think of is that the custom scenario Im running. But all that I changed was my starting techs and civ distance. I don't want to scrap this game but I want the second palace?

I'd appreciate any ideas.

Yep, 8 cities is the criteria I'm stumped, But if this is the same for all civs it might explain why nobody has visited you yet.

Maybe you tried to build Forbidden City in the capital?

Unfortunately, thats not it. Is there a toggle in the builder for including the FC in a scenario?

Oh well, maybe its a bug.

Are we talking about the Forbidden Palace?

It is NOT 8 cities to build the Forbidden Palace, except on unmodified normal size maps. It is half the optimum number of cities(hence 8 cities on normal sized maps, since 16 is optimum there). Huge maps are 32 optimum size I think, so you SHOULD have gotten it at 16 cities. Did you edit the rules to allow more cities? If you did you might not get it for quite a while. At one point I was using a edited rule set with 100 cities being optimum, and I had to colonize half the world(50 cities) before I could build the FP.

Edit: Also, having all the cities on one continent isn't a requiremnt either. They can be spread out over as many islands/continents as needed.

Top Bottom