Forbidden City and Communism

Bob1475

Prince
Since Communism equalizes corruption in all cities does it make any difference where you build it? To put it another way can it be built in a city immediately adjacent to your capital. Same for the Hdqs building?

It will give the same effect anywhere as long as you stay in communism, but you might want to place the forbidden palace in a convenient location for any government, since you might have to change at some point.

Theoden -

That is what I have usually done but I am playing a scenario with locked governments and it just occurred to me that I could get the benefits immediately without waiting for expansion. Thanks.

Well if your government is locked, then you are in win/win situation if you build the forbidden palace/SPHQ in your most productive city. You will soon enjoy the benefits of communism.

IIRC, the city with the FP is capped at a maximum of 30% corruption, irregardless of gov't, OCN, rank, distance or any other factors. Under Communism, the city with SPHQ enjoys the same cap. The cap is reduced to 20% with a courthouse, and 10% with courthouse + police station. This may or may not affect where you put them.

Usually I try to build the FP in the 2nd ring away from my capital, towards where I expect more growth via settling or conquest. The goal is to get it built quickly. I rarely bother with Communism and SPHQ, however when I do I generally place it in or near a former AI capital. Preferably this is an AI that I have utterly vanquished and I therefore do not need to starve down the population. Such cities are typically large and fully developed with OCP spacing that helps to maximize shields and commerce.

Top Bottom