[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Hmm, I believe I fixed that in the latest version - but it is likely that it wasn't included, as the change was in an XML file, and I forgot about it. (looks at repository + files) Yep, I even forgot to hit commit.
Spoiler diff :
Index: Assets/XML/Units/CIV4MissionInfos.xml
===================================================================
--- Assets/XML/Units/CIV4MissionInfos.xml (revision 76)
+++ Assets/XML/Units/CIV4MissionInfos.xml (working copy)
@@ -635,7 +635,7 @@
<Help>TXT_KEY_MISSION_TARGET_SPELL_HELP</Help>
<Waypoint>NONE</Waypoint>
<EntityEventType>ENTEVENT_IDLE</EntityEventType> <!-- make entevent_cast? -->
- <iTime>16</iTime>
+ <iTime>2</iTime>
<bTarget>0</bTarget>
<bBuild>0</bBuild>
<bSound>0</bSound>

Basically change the iTime for MISSON_TARGET_SPELL in CIV4MssionInfos from 16 to 2. AFAICT this is a delay, before you can do anything but wait (and say watch the nuke animation). I'm guessing that this time also doesn't use up your time if you are playing multiplayer with limited length turns.

talchas said:
Hmm, I believe I fixed that in the latest version - but it is likely that it wasn't included, as the change was in an XML file, and I forgot about it. (looks at repository + files) Yep, I even forgot to hit commit.
Spoiler diff :
@@ -635,7 +635,7 @@
- <iTime>16</iTime>
+ <iTime>2</iTime>
<bTarget>0</bTarget>
<bBuild>0</bBuild>
<bSound>0</bSound>

Basically change the iTime for MISSON_TARGET_SPELL in CIV4MssionInfos from 16 to 2. AFAICT this is a delay, before you can do anything but wait (and say watch the nuke animation). I'm guessing that this time also doesn't use up your time if you are playing multiplayer with limited length turns.

Awesome, thanks Talchas.

I tested it, it works MUCH better. :)

talchas said:
Spoiler diff :
@@ -635,7 +635,7 @@
- <iTime>16</iTime>
+ <iTime>2</iTime>
<bTarget>0</bTarget>
<bBuild>0</bBuild>
<bSound>0</bSound>

Cool... ill try it now.

Ok. I edited the xml loaded my last saved game and:
1. Click the spell you want to cast.
Did the...
2. Click the tile you want to target, it must be within range (tiles within range will have a green square around them when the cursor is over them).
Ok. This worked...
3. A popup box will allow you to select a unit. Pick a unit.
This never happened :cry: :cry: :cry:
4. Now the important part, it takes a second for the spell to "load" (well its doing something for a second). When the spell is ready you will see the action buttons of the caster in the bottom bar, if the bottom bar is blank and you hit the Cast button in the popup nothing will happen.
I waited but still nothing happened.

I still don't know whats causing the problem...

~CivKid~

Civkid1991 said:
Ok. I edited the xml loaded my last saved game and:

Did the...

Ok. This worked...

This never happened :cry: :cry: :cry:

I waited but still nothing happened.

I still don't know whats causing the problem...

~CivKid~

What spell were you trying to cast, and on what units (or what units were in the stack).

When i did try just a sec ago i used graft flesh. I had two worriors and i put them on the same tile then put the high priest in the same stack and then casted the spell. The green square showed but when i clicked there was no pop up and when i waited after that still nothing came or happened.

Later i tried to use a high preist to cast hideous thought one a barbarian wolfman and orc spearmen but that failed to work to. In the same stack i had another arcane unit and used it to cast rust but that too didn't work.

Civkid1991 said:
When i did try just a sec ago i used graft flesh. I had two worriors and i put them on the same tile then put the high priest in the same stack and then casted the spell. The green square showed but when i clicked there was no pop up and when i waited after that still nothing came or happened.

Later i tried to use a high preist to cast hideous thought one a barbarian wolfman and orc spearmen but that failed to work to. In the same stack i had another arcane unit and used it to cast rust but that too didn't work.

You may want to try a reinstall, those things work for me.

Say, what do you think about turning the Wargrider into a Recon unit.
That would turn the flaw of the clan of embers with their slow goblins into an advantage IF the goblins can catch a wolf.

Just an idea of mine...

War Chicken said:
Say, what do you think about turning the Wargrider into a Recon unit.
That would turn the flaw of the clan of embers with their slow goblins into an advantage IF the goblins can catch a wolf.

Just an idea of mine...

I tend to think mounted makes more sense for them since they are reknown more for their speed then any stealth ability they may have.

Hi, I just finished my second FfH2 game and it seems that Trojan Horse can be turned into a Vampire quite strange to me :crazyeye:

I am not sure if it has been reported yet, please just ingore this if it had.

Anyway, please keep up with the great work, I would rather pay $ for your mod rather than the original Civ4 game :lol: seriously.

Thank you for making the game wonderful!

Lork said:
Hi, I just finished my second FfH2 game and it seems that Trojan Horse can be turned into a Vampire quite strange to me :crazyeye:

I am not sure if it has been reported yet, please just ingore this if it had.

Anyway, please keep up with the great work, I would rather pay $ for your mod rather than the original Civ4 game :lol: seriously.

Thank you for making the game wonderful!

Your right, it will be fixed in 0.15.

zulu9812 said:
This is a great mod. But the early part of the game is so boring!

:D Yeah, the early game has been stretched out for exploration. If you are a builder sort and you sit home, or even worse you lose your early units to the dangers of the wild you wont have anything to do but press enter for a little while.

But I want to leave some time in for exploration before the real work of making new cities and t2 units begins.

@kael
I tryed reinstalling ffh and im still having the same problem. I think it could be something on my side. Currently when ever i click on the target unit nothing happens (no popup... nothing). When ever i click there's no animation and when i put the cusor over the unit targeted i see no promotions and after i click on it the caster does not. I still can move and everything and when i click on the spell again to retry it i still get nothing.

Kael said:
:D Yeah, the early game has been stretched out for exploration. If you are a builder sort and you sit home, or even worse you lose your early units to the dangers of the wild you wont have anything to do but press enter for a little while.

But I want to leave some time in for exploration before the real work of making new cities and t2 units begins.

Awesome. The one frustration I keep having with FFH (though less than with C4 vanilla), is that I never have enough time just to explore.

zulu9812 said:
This is a great mod. But the early part of the game is so boring!
Starting games at Classical Era helps not spending the first series of turns just pressing 'Enter' until techs and buildings complete. I enjoy early exploring so I've not tried this yet, but some players do say much good of it.

I wish you could stretch the animal period out just a few more turns seems like by the time I get ready to catch them they turn into orcs :) especially if your first scout gets killed. I like the dangerous world and early exploration period.

Webrider said:
I wish you could stretch the animal period out just a few more turns seems like by the time I get ready to catch them they turn into orcs :) especially if your first scout gets killed. I like the dangerous world and early exploration period.

I typically play on a map with less than the normal amount of civs to retain the wilderness for longer.

Just as a note: I discovered the other day that when I cast the Contagion (Death II mage spell) spell on a city, every unit except the least powerful defender is destroyed, and every unit in my stack receives the 'has attacked' effect.

This doesn't seem like what is supposed to do, am I right?

Someone might have brought this up already, but I've noticed that ravenous werewolves lack the werewolf promotion in version .14. So they don't generate new werewolves or level up to blooded werewolves. Honestly, what use is a level 6 ravenous werewolf?

Top Bottom