[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

kzoocauchy said:
Someone might have brought this up already, but I've noticed that ravenous werewolves lack the werewolf promotion in version .14. So they don't generate new werewolves or level up to blooded werewolves. Honestly, what use is a level 6 ravenous werewolf?

Weird, they do in my copy of 0.14.

kzoocauchy said:
Someone might have brought this up already, but I've noticed that ravenous werewolves lack the werewolf promotion in version .14. So they don't generate new werewolves or level up to blooded werewolves. Honestly, what use is a level 6 ravenous werewolf?

Addendum: When I made a ravenous werewolf in worldbuilder, it started with werewolf. When I killed a unit with it, it spread lycanthropy and level up properly. When I killed a unit with Baron, the ravenous werewolf that resulted did not have lycanthropy or level up properly.

Also, in terms of game balance, when leaders with Raider build Shadows, it is extremely irritating. I'm not necessarily suggesting changing them, but a few more units that can see them would be nice, maybe?

kzoocauchy said:
Addendum: When I made a ravenous werewolf in worldbuilder, it started with werewolf. When I killed a unit with it, it spread lycanthropy and level up properly. When I killed a unit with Baron, the ravenous werewolf that resulted did not have lycanthropy or level up properly.

Also, in terms of game balance, when leaders with Raider build Shadows, it is extremely irritating. I'm not necessarily suggesting changing them, but a few more units that can see them would be nice, maybe?

Ahh, your right, I see whats going on. It will be fixed in 0.15. Thanks!

Love this mod thanks. Could you tell me, where the ideas come from. A book ? Thanks again love it.

gcdavey said:
Love this mod thanks. Could you tell me, where the ideas come from. A book ? Thanks again love it.

The flavor stuff mostly comes from a D&D campaign I ran for 17 years or so. The ideas for that campaign came from a lot of books, movies, pretty well anything I was into at the time.

Thats kind of the foundation of the mod. From that point a ton of flavor has come from other people and is new material created just for FfH. Corlindale and Wilboman especially have been writing their own ideas and stories into the mod since the begining.

Bug in dwarven vault - I can't remember the details, but I had 4 I think cities, and about 450 gold. I then got back a city which I had lost, and the dwarven vault stayed at the same level, instead of decreasing. ( and I watched it for a few turns after, it didn't change).

Grillick said:
Just as a note: I discovered the other day that when I cast the Contagion (Death II mage spell) spell on a city, every unit except the least powerful defender is destroyed, and every unit in my stack receives the 'has attacked' effect.

This doesn't seem like what is supposed to do, am I right?
This problem has been addressed and is hopefully fixed for the next version. In the meantime, if you want to be fair to that poor AI, don't cast offensive spells while you have more than one unit selected.

- Niilo

Kael said:
I tend to think mounted makes more sense for them since they are reknown more for their speed then any stealth ability they may have.

Sounds reasonable.

But how about creating a "Wolf Rider" that would be a recon unit with at least move 2 instead of a "Warg Rider" . Wolves and Wargs are something different :D
Maybe that Wolf Rider having only strength 2 as a drawback...

I can't wait for 0.15 or 0.14e or any update :)

Could the mana civilizations start with also be listed in the civilopedia?...starts with agriculture and life mana...something like that??

Blathergut said:
Could the mana civilizations start with also be listed in the civilopedia?...starts with agriculture and life mana...something like that??

Yeah, I will try to get that added.

@Civkid Who cant cast ranged spells- I had that issue but it was because my caster was out of movement points. In that case, you can target square but nothing happens after it. Check if this was a case.

No this isn't the problem... I know how to use target spells it just when i use them nothing happens.

I'm confused on how this works. I see "City Hub" can be built but it says "Requires a Settlement". I don't understand what that means. I have a city, which started with a settler, so I guess its a settlement... How do I make a "Settlement" and then a "City Hub"?

Thanks!
--Bedlamboy

Since the kraken is now a new unit to Fall from Heaven, how about adding more sea creatures in the game? I want someone to make The Cthulhu, and The Charybdis in, that way we have more great sea creatures to fight.

Edit: A-HA! I have found the file that have one of your songs (in a short version) in Lineage 2, i wish i can upload them but i can't cause there .ogg files and i don't know a music file converter will turn a .ogg file.

bedlamboy said:
I'm confused on how this works. I see "City Hub" can be built but it says "Requires a Settlement". I don't understand what that means. I have a city, which started with a settler, so I guess its a settlement... How do I make a "Settlement" and then a "City Hub"?

Thanks!
--Bedlamboy

A settlement is a Kuriotate only "minor city". The Kuriotates can only have 3 real cities and the "City Hub" option allows them to promote a settlement to a real city if one of their real cities gets captured. It doesn't serve any use for any other civilizations.

darkedone02 said:
Since the kraken is now a new unit to Fall from Heaven, how about adding more sea creatures in the game? I want someone to make The Cthulhu, and The Charybdis in, that way we have more great sea creatures to fight.

Edit: A-HA! I have found the file that have one of your songs (in a short version) in Lineage 2, i wish i can upload them but i can't cause there .ogg files and i don't know a music file converter will turn a .ogg file.

Yeah, The next sea unit speced is a Sea Serpent that will be a barbarian animal that roams the seas. We are just waiting for art on it.

Kael said:
Yeah, The next sea unit speced is a Sea Serpent that will be a barbarian animal that roams the seas. We are just waiting for art on it.

Just some junk art on sea serpents.

Just as a quick note regarding Dwarven units not getting their proper movement bonus in hills:
I suspect that it's because the bonus in the Dwarven promotion is listed as "Double movement in Hill." rather than as "Double movement in Hills." There is no terrain type called "Hill." It's a simple typo, and should be easily fixed, I think.

Kael said:

Great. The more different units, the better.
You said, that the original idea for FfH came from a D&D Campaign you made.
Can we hope for more D&D'ish Units?

A "Otyough" or similar crazy stuff like "Rust Monsters" and "Displacer Beasts" or some flavoured Giants like Storm or Fire Giants?

That'd be awesome!

War Chicken said:
A "Otyough" or similar crazy stuff like "Rust Monsters" and "Displacer Beasts" or some flavoured Giants like Storm or Fire Giants?

That'd be awesome!

Augh, I sure hope the abomination called 'Otyough' never makes it into FfH. The horror :p

Top Bottom