[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

i clicked the download link and closed it down, then it told me i hev to wait 500 seconds before trying again -.-

About the Genesis wonder:
I am not sure if going from plain to grassland is nesscessarily an "upgrade".
It created major problem - lack of prodcution point - for my cities which has no or few hills around.
I am suggesting leaving plain to grassland upgrade to avoid the problem. Anyway, druids with Nature III can easily do that upgrade if needed to, right?

Btw, is there anything I can do to go from grassland to plain?
If not, can that Scorch ability be expanded for that?

Also, after that Genesis comes into effect, all the FfH2 improvement graphics on map turn black, is it me only?

Just my 2 cents.
Thanks!

Lork said:
It created major problem - lack of prodcution point - for my cities which has no or few hills around.
I am suggesting leaving plain to grassland upgrade to avoid the problem. Anyway, druids with Nature III can easily do that upgrade if needed to, right?

Also, after that Genesis comes into effect, all the FfH2 improvement graphics on map turn black, is it me only?

Just my 2 cents.
Thanks!

Sounds like you video card couldnt cache all the textures when genesis hit which is why you lost the improvement. I havent seen that before.

I like genesis as it is now because it isnt supposed to be the most efficient tile, its supposed to be the bloom of nature in that area. And grasslands seem to me to be a more verdant state than plains. Overall I think genesis helps and empire quite a bit, even if it isnt always optimal on a plot by plot basis.

I like the Genesis effect. Sometimes a little bad comes with alot of good. It's a tradeoff. Use Druids instead if you want to mantain your plains.

Lork said:

Just my 2 cents.
Thanks!

If u prefer plains over grassland my suggestion is: use the fire I speel (scorch) on the tile and then the water I spell (vitalise?)... and voila you have plains instead of grassland.

Ps. I have no idea if this will effect your improvements, havn't played the game for a while... waiting for friday (o.15 release). :p

jselsmark said:
If u prefer plains over grassland my suggestion is: use the fire I speel (scorch) on the tile and then the water I spell (vitalise?)... and voila you have plains instead of grassland.

Ps. I have no idea if this will effect your improvements, havn't played the game for a while... waiting for friday (o.15 release). :p

In the current build (.14d) improvements seem to survive magical terraforming.

I just tried the Summon Treant spell, it works with forest but not ancient forest tile. Consider making it other way round or work for both?

Thanks!

p.s. Friday = 0.15.... great!! Have been checking twice everyday for some time :p

Lork said:
I just tried the Summon Treant spell, it works with forest but not ancient forest tile. Consider making it other way round or work for both?

Thanks!

p.s. Friday = 0.15.... great!! Have been checking twice everyday for some time :p

I just checked the code and did a test and it works with both for me. But you can only have as many treants as you have casters that can cast the spell. So if you only have one caster that can cast it and you already have one treant running around (they don't last only one turn like most summons) you wont be able to cast it again until the first treant dies.

I was using confessors and their consecrate spell...in hexes outside of cities, inside cities...but i never seemed to notice any imporvement in culture amounts...a hex would show 83% amurite before...and after, regardless of how many times i zapped with my consecrate spell. Should i have noticed increase in the number or does it improve culture in another way?

My understanding is that the spell, at present, does not work.

They were supposed to have gotten it working with their new culture model they planned for .15, but the scrapped the culture model and, thus, the fix.

I assumed they'll keep us posted as Consecrate becomes...useful.

Any ETA on the next release? Also was wondering if any changes to Khazad are being implemented as well as any new undead units or such anywhere in the game? Keep up the good work...am having fun playing with the editor myself now :)

Are you going to make a default map or your world with races starting positions preplaced? I love this mod but I'd really love actually playing in your world.

Might be a foolish question, but does this mod work in Warlord?

Eddiit, There are several Scenarios already linked in the first post.. I don't remember ever seeing comment about an "official" world... but I would guess this would be planned for the last phase when Hell is introduced(if the Team has figured out how to do it by then).

coko, This mod does NOT work in concert with Warlords, but since you can run Warlords and Civ4 Vanilla together(Warlords doesn't overwrite Vanilla), then it shouldn't be an issue... statement a few pages back indicated that this mod would NOT be converted to Warlords base, but they were likely to.. umm "borrow" soem of the code to incorporate some ideas from it.

Cheers!

@Kael
You said you were going to release friday... any idea what time exactly (before 5-ish i hope :) )?

I see, so the fact is it doenst make a difference that youd not be using warlords because it would run con - current with the verson of FfH.

If you plan on "using" code would it not be feasable to copy the system across, or is it a fear that that'll alienate a large base of the users?

Blathergut said:
I was using confessors and their consecrate spell...in hexes outside of cities, inside cities...but i never seemed to notice any imporvement in culture amounts...a hex would show 83% amurite before...and after, regardless of how many times i zapped with my consecrate spell. Should i have noticed increase in the number or does it improve culture in another way?

It does very little. I have a new culture system in 0.15 that made consecrate more worthwile but it got rejected in playtest for being un-fun. So consecrate is still on my "to fix" list.

Morbius Wraith said:
Any ETA on the next release? Also was wondering if any changes to Khazad are being implemented as well as any new undead units or such anywhere in the game? Keep up the good work...am having fun playing with the editor myself now :)

The link 2 posts up has all that changes in 0.15.

Top Bottom