[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Eddiit said:
Are you going to make a default map or your world with races starting positions preplaced? I love this mod but I'd really love actually playing in your world.

Nope, thats the job of scenerio makers. Right now we are more interested in adding new stuff. Once all the new stuff is in (ie: in "Ice") we will begin working on scnerios, but thats a long long time away.

Civkid1991 said:
@Kael
You said you were going to release friday... any idea what time exactly (before 5-ish i hope :) )?

Nope, sorry. I can only promise that it will be on Friday sometime.

coko said:
I see, so the fact is it doenst make a difference that youd not be using warlords because it would run con - current with the verson of FfH.

If you plan on "using" code would it not be feasable to copy the system across, or is it a fear that that'll alienate a large base of the users?

Yeah, the main reason we aren't planning to move to the warlords codebase is because we don't want to lose all of our vanilla civ only friends.

Have you considered changing some of the Civ traits to use the SevoMod versions? I think it might help balance the Civs a bit more.

I hadn't played around with Khazad much before 0.14d, but I gotta say, they are possibly brokenly too good, at least the leader with industrious trait. I was getting easily 100-200% hammer bonus while building wonders. This makes getting most of the must-have wonders (mines, blessed, regen, etc) tragically easy to build. I had a stack of GP engineers that i just added to my city since rush building wonders wasn't worth it.

kael said:
Yeah, the main reason we aren't planning to move to the warlords codebase is because we don't want to lose all of our vanilla civ only friends.
Looks like you aiming for more votes on the coolest ffh member poll at the ffh forum :)

jselsmark said:
If u prefer plains over grassland my suggestion is: use the fire I speel (scorch) on the tile and then the water I spell (vitalise?)... and voila you have plains instead of grassland.

Ps. I have no idea if this will effect your improvements, havn't played the game for a while... waiting for friday (o.15 release). :p
iirc, scorch only works on plains to begin with, so no luck. If you are really picky, you can run around scorching your plains just before Genesis is built, then they will return to it.

Kael, when will u release the next version of FfH2 ? I will not make new scenarios for FfH2 until the "barbarian" trait bug isn't fixed :rolleyes:
And why aren't u listing current bugs on the first page ? Hiding them from FfH2 fans ? :sad:

Kael said:
I just checked the code and did a test and it works with both for me. But you can only have as many treants as you have casters that can cast the spell. So if you only have one caster that can cast it and you already have one treant running around (they don't last only one turn like most summons) you wont be able to cast it again until the first treant dies.

Ah! I see, thanks!

Crash757 said:
Kael, when will u release the next version of FfH2 ? I will not make new scenarios for FfH2 until the "barbarian" trait bug isn't fixed :rolleyes:
And why aren't u listing current bugs on the first page ? Hiding them from FfH2 fans ? :sad:

lol, if you just had read the post above yours, you would already know about the next release. Also, there is a complete FfH forum at http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190
including a complete thread dedicated to bugs...

I don't know which bug with the barb trait you are referring to, but I'm no dev, so...

Nikis-Knight said:
iirc, scorch only works on plains to begin with, so no luck. If you are really picky, you can run around scorching your plains just before Genesis is built, then they will return to it.

This just shows how little I use the scorch spell... I thank you for the correction Nikis-Knight.

I know this probably has to do with the programming (terraforming only one level up or down like with the druid spells) but shouldn't you be able to scorch grassland too... seen from a logical perspective that is?

Anyway, I never use the spell (or havn't yet) so don't let me be the judge of this matter, just a thought ;)

Crash757 said:
follow the link in kaels sig to get to the forum... there is a lot of helpful info that your missing out on. Im sure most of your questions would be answered with in one of the treads there.
To answer your first question... he said it would be released this friday (hopeful :D)

dreiche2 said:
lol, if you just had read the post above yours, you would already know about the next release. Also, there is a complete FfH forum at http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190
including a complete thread dedicated to bugs...
Thx. Though that bug still isn't mentioned there anyway...

I don't know which bug with the barb trait you are referring to, but I'm no dev, so...
If u had actually played FfH2, then u'd knew ;)

@Kael or anyone else that knows how things work :)
I was wondering... if you have a mage that has the "walk on water" promotion can it attack sea units?

Civkid1991 said:
@Kael or anyone else that knows how things work :)
I was wondering... if you have a mage that has the "walk on water" promotion can it attack sea units?

should be so, as lizardmen hunter and ranger, who actually have the waterwalking trait, can attack boats!

but i can´t really confirm that right now, just my thought :crazyeye:

greetz

HahnHolio

Yes, any unit with walk on water can attack sea units. I'm using my Drowns and their Stygian promotions to attack enemy ships. It's a very powerful promotion (especially if you have mobility as well) in that you don't need any war ships. However, I haven't seen the AI taking advantage of it yet...

Yorgos said:
Yes, any unit with walk on water can attack sea units. I'm using my Drowns and their Stygian promotions to attack enemy ships. It's a very powerful promotion (especially if you have mobility as well) in that you don't need any war ships. However, I haven't seen the AI taking advantage of it yet...

I have. I've lost quite some galleons to lizardman assasins.

Talking about water walking...
I've had 2 enemy (AI) stygian guards sitting in a corner of my realm near to a rather fresh city. when the borders expandet, the stygian guards where pushed to the shore. I boostet the culture with some prophets, and on the next culture-expand the stygian guards were pushed into the ocen. Next turn they walked towards the next free coast (which was about 4 tiles away moving always in ocean tiles. Now my questions:

-Stygian guards and drowns have water walking AND 'cannot enter ocean'. Why did they not 'die' when they where pushed into the ocean?

-Why have they been able to walk on ocean tiles, once they have been forced there?

Maybe thats a bug, so I wanted to let you know...

Trajan12 said:
My FFH2 mod takes forever to load. I almost fell asleep waiting. Is this a normal thing or could something be wrong?(It dows work)

most prolly something with your computer-config ... FfH2 goes pretty well for me ...but then, my machine is a bit heavy :)

Spoiler :
AMD X2 4800+
2GB RAM
Dual MSI GeForce7800GTX/256
Asus A8N-SLI Premium
2x Seagate 300GB SATA HDD
SoundBlaster X-Fi
NEC 1970GX 19"LCD
WinXP Pro SP2

runs like a charm :D

greetz

HahnHolio

p.s.:try to defrag your HDD as civ loads up many files, could possibly speed things up ...

Crash757 said:
Thx. Though that bug still isn't mentioned there anyway...

If u had actually played FfH2, then u'd knew ;)

I don't know what the barbarian bug is and I have played. They seem to be working as expected. You are the only player that has reported any issues with the barbarian trait.

Top Bottom