[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Trajan12 said:
My FFH2 mod takes forever to load. I almost fell asleep waiting. Is this a normal thing or could something be wrong?(It dows work)

During that period Civ4 has to copy everything in the Fall from Heaven direcotry into the cache directory. Its about 500 Meg of data and the time it takes will depend on how fast your hard drive is.

Kael said:
During that period Civ4 has to copy everything in the Fall from Heaven direcotry into the cache directory. Its about 500 Meg of data and the time it takes will depend on how fast your hard drive is.

BTW, I found that if I install FFH2 into your My Documents\My Games\Civ4\MODS\ directory instead of the default location, it loads a lot faster. I don't know if this is specific to my setup, but it loads up immediately for me. ^^

BTW, I found that if I install FFH2 into your My Documents\My Games\Civ4\MODS\ directory instead of the default location, it loads a lot faster. I don't know if this is specific to my setup, but it loads up immediately for me. ^^

Hey that worked! All I did was move the FFH2 folder from its original location to the My Documents\My Games\Civ4\MODS\ directory without making any other changes at all.

Anyone interested in creating a scenario involving a watery fortress? This game came up with a rather interesting terrain in which I ended up with an enormous natural fortress full of choke points and walls of seas which I could easily defend since I am the Lanun. I think the terrain could be a good basis to create a scenario where the AI has built up a virtually impenetrable empire threatening to take over the entire region (this isn't a global map, the world is flat). I don't know how to make a scenario though so I'm uploading essentially just a map in my saved game.

Crash757 said:
Thx. Though that bug still isn't mentioned there anyway...

If u had actually played FfH2, then u'd knew ;)

Generally speaking, being vague and insulting is a bad way to get your problem bugs solved. Maybe telling us exactly what the 'bug' is with the Barb trait?

Perchance is it the fact that you were unaware that the Barbarians declare war on you if your have 50% more points than your nearest competitor?

Maybe you are already aware of this bug - but in case you aren't:
In multiplayer, casting spells that make you select a unit like wither and charm come up on the wrong players screen and the game crashes the following turn.

Fr8Train said:
Maybe you are already aware of this bug - but in case you aren't:
In multiplayer, casting spells that make you select a unit like wither and charm come up on the wrong players screen and the game crashes the following turn.

Yeah, we have some changes in to help with that in tomorrows version (0.15). Hopefully it is fixed.

Kael said:
I don't know what the barbarian bug is and I have played. They seem to be working as expected. You are the only player that has reported any issues with the barbarian trait.

Not true, I've mentioned it not working a couple/three times & never gotten an answer, think mone might have something to do with the starting era (classical)

Fader

Version 0.15 is uploaded and linked in the first post. Enjoy! :D

Kael said:
Version 0.15 is uploaded and linked in the first post. Enjoy! :D

Dang you got here before i did, and posted it, i was going to kid you it was Friday, and POOF you got it here , you SNEAK!!:p

WOW over 200 MB, impressive!!

strategyonly said:
Dang you got here before i did, and posted it, i was going to kid you it was Friday, and POOF you got it here , you SNEAK!!:p

WOW over 200 MB, impressive!!

hehe... I had the same Idea at 00:00 central european time... but then I thought I'd just sleep on it and wake up with a smile upon my face when I opened this homepage. (or just sit around refreshing the page every 5 minutes as I did with 0.14 in case it wasn't up when I woke up).

Note to self: cancel alll arrangements this weekend and call in sick... :D

carnivore said:
can you tell me which scenarios are most compatible with the new ffh2 version ?

Well i am going to add three NEW scenarios, that are quite different in looks, this morning. Check out my signature for more.

Hi, I got the .xml problem for .15
Worked fine with .14 and FfH1
Tried the method posted on FAQ already, any help is appreciated.
Looking at those "TXT_KEY_TECH_XXXXXX" is annoying.

Thanks!!:confused:

p.s. Thanks Jasconius! It loads so fast using your method!

Jasconius said:
BTW, I found that if I install FFH2 into your My Documents\My Games\Civ4\MODS\ directory instead of the default location, it loads a lot faster.
In this sticky post it's mentioned there's a bug when playing mods installed in My Documents/My Games. Did anyone encounter any problems using this way? The post is old, and it's likely the bug was fixed in a patch.

Yorgos said:
In this sticky post it's mentioned there's a bug when playing mods installed in My Documents/My Games. Did anyone encounter any problems using this way? The post is old, and it's likely the bug was fixed in a patch.
I've been playing with all of my mods in the My Documents\My Games folder since I started playing FFH months ago and I've never had any problems like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorgos
I've been playing with all of my mods in the My Documents\My Games folder since I started playing FFH months ago and I've never had any problems like that.

Yeah I really don't think there is a problem with doing this anymore. I think it was fixed in a patch. I think this has something to do with the original problem:

The full mod path is no longer stored in the save when the mod is installed under the user folder.

I found that in the patch readme. Maybe that fixed the problem that existed before?

Ok, I have asked this in the Pirate Island mod, but nobody answered. Has anyone put any thought into making it so that you can play as the pirates?

Here's a couple of another selection/order soundsets. They cover undead units and they come in two packs, one for the "mindless" ones, such as skeletons or drowns, and another for the "noble" ones, like vampires or liches (these are my favourite, I love them!) As far as I know, no undead unit has worker or air mission actions, so I included only selection sounds, but they can always be modified manually.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads12/UndeadSoundsets.zip

Since I'm going for vacations tomorrow (at last!) the next soundsets will come no earlier than a week or ten days from now. But we'll probably get some feedback on the orc sounds included in 0.15 until then, which may be helpful for any future soundsets.

well, i´m a bit confused ...
in v15 there are only 2 sources of copper on my map(which is about 70% explored) and all are very far away from my starting position. same goes for iron ...
is that intentional, or just defined thought the map type?
in all my v14 games a had copper for sure within my territory as soon as it was revealed and now, nothing ...

greetz

HahnHolio

Top Bottom