[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

>>>Amen. I take it you were another one cheering for the orcs (who lets face it, are supposed to be the working class) while reading Lord of the Rings. Stick it to fey Enya-loving nonces - pavement over their ecologically sound summer homes with furnaces and drinking dens. Huzzah!<<<

Absolutely! But not always.

As the dwarves I slash, burn and industrialise. Because I'm a dwarf.

As the elves I'm a malevolent tree-hugger that cuddles squirrels in tree tops and murders the monkey-humans for walking on the grass.

As the orks I might just burn everything down for being there and not being mine. Non-military infrastructure is probably heavily limited if built a all. These games are great on a pangea. See how far I can get before a total lack of infrastructure makes me unable to compete, and the other races - all of whom I have declared war on - unite to crush the green menace.

When I'm in the mood I create some (random) rules that govern my behaviour in the game and stick to them for as long as it entertains me.

In my current Ljosalfar (spelling?) game I'm a reclusive cottage spammer who refuses to leave his island (except for a few privateer 'explorers'), refuses to grant any kind of open border treaty, but trades techs and resources and gold as often as possible. My military force, having cleared out all the barbs (including Acheron) now exists only in case the monkey races try to come ashore.

I have no idea how this game is going to end yet, but I'm thinking a psychotic elven supremacist might come into power soon and switch to war-like civics, declare a crusade and then embark on a purge of all non-elven life. Otoh, I might just stop playing the game and say that everyone lived grumpily ever after. All about the whim really.

i have downloaded and install the new patch that somehow fix the lag problem i been having at the start, however.... I wisht there was different Ages we can advance to instead of staying at the Age of Rebirth all the time, I also like to have a little bit of weather changes and new terrain changes as well (if we all are tired of the samn damn original tarrain, why not make volcanoes, lava, molten rock hills, and so forth.

About No.8 of the change log .15b, do you mean Dwarven Mine instead?

Also, I find the Dwarven Vault, when kept overflowing, is quite unbalanced to other civilizations, esp. when a large number of cities is concerned. Dwarf does not seem to me a brillant leader for that 40% bonus throughout, even to the newly conquered cities (whipping orcs and elves slaves? :p). Maybe bonus should be reserved only for Dwarven found cities only?

Thanks!

Glad to see patch B fixes easy meteors from eternal fire, but still it isn't too hard to get 4 fire mana and have meteors on ALL mages. Overkill. Any plans to fix that?

TheJopa said:
Glad to see patch B fixes easy meteors from eternal fire, but still it isn't too hard to get 4 fire mana and have meteors on ALL mages. Overkill. Any plans to fix that?

Yws, it will be fixed in the next patch. I "fixed" it by removing the benifit of having 4 nodes. So 1 node gives you the ability to learn the sphere, 2 give you rank1 for free and 3 gives you rank 1 and 2 for free.

Nikis-Knight said:
You must have your civilizational hero die first. So some civs can't get it (Grigori, Lanun right now) and some probably won't due to late occurance of their hero (Kuriotates, Sheaim). But it's a national wonder, so you don't have to worry about being the first to have a hero die.
And don't forget, you can resurect heros, so if you want it, invest in a life node at some point.

Ah. Suspected it might be something sneaky like that. ;) And yes, the latter I'm well aware of. *s* Much as it would feel a tad cheap. But it will be kept in mind for those nasty competitive games. ^^

On an unrelated side-note.. The Earth I spell that creates a city defense thingymabob. I've always wondered, but never remembered to ask.. Does the wall of stone or whatever it's name act only as a substitute city wall, or does it work in addition to other city defenses (walls/palissades) ?

Never did bother to find out since I seldom use Earth mana, but it might be useful to know.

Cheers!

thealien_83 said:
Ah. Suspected it might be something sneaky like that. ;) And yes, the latter I'm well aware of. *s* Much as it would feel a tad cheap. But it will be kept in mind for those nasty competitive games. ^^

On an unrelated side-note.. The Earth I spell that creates a city defense thingymabob. I've always wondered, but never remembered to ask.. Does the wall of stone or whatever it's name act only as a substitute city wall, or does it work in addition to other city defenses (walls/palissades) ?

Never did bother to find out since I seldom use Earth mana, but it might be useful to know.

Cheers!

Its effect is cumulative.

I know this is half off-topic, but I'd really like to jump and get involved in Civ4 Modding, and help out where I can, I am not a Graphics Expert, but would prefer to jump into the programming, any links to guides or advice people could give me? I've read the Design a Mod and agree with the points you've made Kael, I am not ready yet to do my own project, but would like to start playing around, just do not know where to start...

Kael said:
Its effect is cumulative.

Ahah! Wonderful. That does make it a far cry more useful. But Palisade is not cumulative with Walls, or are they? That would certainly make them a higher priority to build. Hm hm. Anyway.

And.. I was going to ask something else, hur hur, but my memory fails me. Ah well. Guess it'll come to me later. >.<

Cheerio!

coko said:
I know this is half off-topic, but I'd really like to jump and get involved in Civ4 Modding, and help out where I can, I am not a Graphics Expert, but would prefer to jump into the programming, any links to guides or advice people could give me? I've read the Design a Mod and agree with the points you've made Kael, I am not ready yet to do my own project, but would like to start playing around, just do not know where to start...

I started by just making changes to vanilla civ. Mostly just copying stuff that Master Lexx and Mylon did. I didn't have any programming experience and had never even heard of Python before Civ4 came out.

The advantage you have now is that there are so many more examples to learn from. The disadvantage is that a lot of these are so complexx that it is hard for a new player to get much out of them. I try to keep a python and SDK thread going in the guides forum that gives examples of easier and useful functions.

thealien_83 said:
Ahah! Wonderful. That does make it a far cry more useful. But Palisade is not cumulative with Walls, or are they? That would certainly make them a higher priority to build. Hm hm. Anyway.

And.. I was going to ask something else, hur hur, but my memory fails me. Ah well. Guess it'll come to me later. >.<

Cheerio!

Palisades are also cumulative but they obsolete pretty early on so you usually dont have to face both at the same time.

Kael said:
Palisades are also cumulative but they obsolete pretty early on so you usually dont have to face both at the same time.

Indeed, I know that they obsolete early enough. But I always worked under the (obviously incorrect) assumption that when obsoleted they would simply cease to function. Either that, or that when city walls were built they just replaced the function of the palisade. In retrospect, dont' ask me why I assumed that, I just did. ;)

But that certainly changes things a lot.. I'll be building a lot more palisades in the future to be sure.

Yum yum.

thealien_83 said:
Indeed, I know that they obsolete early enough. But I always worked under the (obviously incorrect) assumption that when obsoleted they would simply cease to function. Either that, or that when city walls were built they just replaced the function of the palisade. In retrospect, dont' ask me why I assumed that, I just did. ;)

But that certainly changes things a lot.. I'll be building a lot more palisades in the future to be sure.

Yum yum.

Your understanding is correct, when they obsolete they cease to function.

Kael said:
Your understanding is correct, when they obsolete they cease to function.

Ah. Layered, like an onion, this is. *s* Well then, that puts it largely back to how I was playing it to start with. Palisades go into the cities that absolutely need the early defense boost (Orthus, I'm talking about you..), but other than that no particular reason to try and get them built.

Oh yeah. I remember what I was thinking about earlier. Is Orthus really supposed to have (or does he indeed have?) a +25% City Defense bonus, as the civilopedia says now? It seems a bit odd for a barbarian conqueror and whatnot, but..

Cheers!

@kael

Please help... i downloaded the newest patch and when im still having the target spell problem... But! this time i have a screenshoot for you ;)

edit: nvm... i forgot i posted the same thing in the bug tread :) srry

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 207
Just wondering... when you find magic nodes are they automatically set to a certain type of node? Or is it when you build them they become set to that type of node? Seems like razing them doesn't reset them anymore as it did before? And if they become set upon 1st build then I am turning off my workers auto build cause they always build whacky. :)

Morbius Wraith said:
Just wondering... when you find magic nodes are they automatically set to a certain type of node? Or is it when you build them they become set to that type of node? Seems like razing them doesn't reset them anymore as it did before? And if they become set upon 1st build then I am turning off my workers auto build cause they always build whacky. :)

Yes, in .15 you can now no-longer raise your own nodes & re-build a different one on it. If you loose control of the node to another player, then then node is re-set and if you capture it back you can build any node you want on it (that's what they say anyway)

I'm still playing Version .12 because i only have dial-up, but i will definately download the new version next time i go to my dads house (he has DSL). It looks really good, but i have two questions. Are there dragons in this version, because on the first page in the screeenshot section there are some with dragons in them? Also when there are dragons, will they only be available to the civs that found the Cult of the Dragon?

jafink said:
I'm still playing Version .12 because i only have dial-up, but i will definately download the new version next time i go to my dads house (he has DSL). It looks really good, but i have two questions. Are there dragons in this version, because on the first page in the screeenshot section there are some with dragons in them? Also when there are dragons, will they only be available to the civs that found the Cult of the Dragon?

There are three dragons in the mod:

Acheron the Red Dragon spawns in a barbarian and guards the Dragon's Hoard wonder.

Eurabatres the Gold Dragon is the Kuriotates hero and is only available to that civilization.

Abashi the Balck Dragon is the Sheaim hero and is only available to that civilization.

Players have found several creative ways to capture them (Magnadine can capture Acheron, Inquisitors can osmetimes capture Eurabatres or Abashi) so you will occasionally see screenshots with them in different civs.

Top Bottom