[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

I dont really get this mod. I have downloaded the latest version, here is my problem

- Firstly, progress is so slow. Researches are taking 12, 20, even 40 turns ?!
- Magic...in my last game i researched that connection to the äther thingy and discovered an alteration mana node. I was playing an evil civ. How can i obtain the Node ? I build Adepts and researched some more, but i wasnt able to capture or do anything else with the node..?

AncientSion said:
I dont really get this mod. I have downloaded the latest version, here is my problem

- Firstly, progress is so slow. Researches are taking 12, 20, even 40 turns ?!
- Magic...in my last game i researched that connection to the äther thingy and discovered an alteration mana node. I was playing an evil civ. How can i obtain the Node ? I build Adepts and researched some more, but i wasnt able to capture or do anything else with the node..?

Progress in FFH typically ~is~ somewhat slow, at the very least in the early parts. You don't blow through techs like Gary Busey on a DUI. That's just the way it is. If it bothers you, you can always try to run a higher gamespeed than you currently are.

Second, you need to discover the right techs to build Mana Nodes on the mana you find. The techs are, and give access to; Alteration (Body, Dimensional, Enchantment, Mind) - Divination (Law, Life, Spirit) Elementalism (Earth, Fire, Nature, Water) - Necromancy (Chaos, Death, Entropy).

Once you research a pertinent tech, you can now build nodes on your mana and thus gain the resource. You also start with three mana from your capitol, so even without mana nodes your adepts should have some leeway to pick spells.

Cheers!

On a side note, I wonder.. Do the Gypsy Wagons work ? Primarily, do they actually give a 'moderate culture boost' in one of your own cities? I've not been able to notice a difference when keeping one in my city.

Granted, I would very much like to know if it works in an enemy city as well, but it's admittedly a bit harder for me to tell if it does or not, since I can't very well peek into their city and see if anything is happening.

But it's a very intriguing unit, so it would be sweet to know if it works or if I am wasting production churning them out.

Cheers!

thealien_83 said:
On a side note, I wonder.. Do the Gypsy Wagons work ? Primarily, do they actually give a 'moderate culture boost' in one of your own cities? I've not been able to notice a difference when keeping one in my city.

Granted, I would very much like to know if it works in an enemy city as well, but it's admittedly a bit harder for me to tell if it does or not, since I can't very well peek into their city and see if anything is happening.

But it's a very intriguing unit, so it would be sweet to know if it works or if I am wasting production churning them out.

Cheers!

It works but the effect is very minor. I tried to get a new culture model into 0.15 that made this, loki and the consecrate spell all more useful but it failed playtest and got pulled. A fix to help with this is still on the to do list.

A minor thing, but is it possible for FFH2 to automatically save games in a single\FFH2 folder? Can really help organise the saves.

Kael said:
It works but the effect is very minor. I tried to get a new culture model into 0.15 that made this, loki and the consecrate spell all more useful but it failed playtest and got pulled. A fix to help with this is still on the to do list.

Ah, I see, I see. Well hopefully that gets fixed then. Like I said, it's an amusing and interesting unit, so it'd be nice to see it have a bit more tangible impact. Anyway. Keep up the good work! Much as I know you will. ;)

Cheers!

King Coltrane said:
what units can i use the "spread vampirism" on?

Any and all living units, but they have to be level 6 or above (or level 4 if the unit is a Moroi). Unless they changed the level requirement, but off the top of my head I don't remember that being the case.

Cheers!

Bad Player said:
Who gets additional mana without the summoning trait?

Hm? The Summoning trait has nothing to do with mana, least not last I checked. It just lets your summoned critters last longer.

But as it used to be, every Civ's Palace gave them one mana resource of some kind. Nowadays it's three, simple as that. So even if you don't manage to peg down too many mana nodes you will be able to learn at least three spell spheres.

Cheers!

I am playing as the Baselraphs and have Octopus Overlords as my religon. I have researched Military Strategy but can not build any Command Posts in my cities. Is this blocked for me or is this a bug?

Only leaders with the organized trait can build command posts. The only way for other leaders to build these is by using a great commander to build them.

Heads up: Eternal Flame still gives 3 fire mana even after patch b.

Patch "c" is up.

It fixed the following issues:
1. Malakim settlers and workers will now get the Nomad promotion.
2. No more CTD's when pirate coves are created with multiple units on the tile.
3. 4th mana sources of the same type no longer have an effect (they don't give the 3rd spell rank for free).
4. Improvements can't be built on mana nodes (except mana improvements).
5. French Translation by Keldan.
6. New Brujah model from McGlocklinMA.

What is the benefit of playing the Sheaim? It seems like other than their awesome hero thye dont really get any benefits. Is their something I'm missing?

Eddiit said:
What is the benefit of playing the Sheaim? It seems like other than their awesome hero thye dont really get any benefits. Is their something I'm missing?
i think they're a "yet to come" civ. they arent fully fleshed out yet.

I have really enjoyed FFH2, Thanks from me!

I wanted a map that would allow me to play epic games, with fair starts, many civs, and balanced for multiplay, so i made one using the worldbuilder. This is a 16 civ huge pangea type with many chokepoints(ice cream for your inner child) good naval accessibility and as small as i could make it to limit late game lagginess while still givin me good epic gameplay. All resources are placed to provide incentive to grow and every civ's homeland has the same amount for multiplay fairness and so i could try out the different civs with the same map conditions for a good comparison.

Some gameplay details:
Lanun Bannor Hippus Grigori
Sheaim Amurite Malakim Elohim
Balseraphs Luichuirp Khazad Calabim

All these civs start with a 3 city homeland and a barb city blocking the chokepoint that leads to the rest of the continent. They are grouped in the manner I listed them above, so looking at that will tell you whom will be your neighbors, and allow you to consider strategy...I wanted to try a Amurite ashen veil deity lvl game, but with Bannor and goodie Luichuirp as my neighbors I was condemned to constant war...ooof.

Ljosalfar, Kuriotates, Doviello, and Clan of embers start with 4 city spots in their homelands, but they each have two chokepoints to guard, this seems to balance the starts very well. Special consideration had to be givin to the Kuriotates start to allow them to take advantage of their huge city ability, so their land is bigger, and they are the only civ to start with two cities. In repeated testing they play well in comparison with other civs, the extra barb spawns they get from having more landspace seems enough to counter the second city.

Special Features: All the city spots outside of a civ's homeland have preplaced barb cities on them, and many different preplaced barbarian guardians to make conquest fun, slow down ai expansion, and improve gameplay of the map. Acheron and his hoard await your conquest, and the 4 one city islands at the cardinal points around the pangea each have a barbarian king to be conquered...yes 4 orthus's axes for collecting, though I have never gotten more than one in all my playtesting.

I suggest raging barbs for this map, as it helps to balance the starts, and turning it off will only help the civs that have 4 city spots in their homelands, the other 12 civs should be able to scout out their homeland with their starting units and wont have to deal with barb spawns at all.

My technical knowhow is limited to using the worldbuilder, so there are a few things that are a little funky, like havin a small far away portion of the map start out revealed, and having diplomatic relations at start with another civ or two, but i consider these like those little notes you find on new clothes sometimes "the imperfections in this fabric are an integral part of its appeal".

I'd like to have this map as more of a scenario, be able to choose different leaders for the civs, if anyone with special skillz wants to make it better Please do!

Lastly,this map lends itself well to teamplay, and its good for evaluating how different civ/religion combinations perform givin the same starts and same access to resources.

I hope you enjoy it!

Attachments

• FFHBattlemap2.2.zip
    36.3 KB · Views: 112
Kael said:
Patch "c" is up.

It fixed the following issues:
1. Malakim settlers and workers will now get the Nomad promotion.
2. No more CTD's when pirate coves are created with multiple units on the tile.
3. 4th mana sources of the same type no longer have an effect (they don't give the 3rd spell rank for free).
4. Improvements can't be built on mana nodes (except mana improvements).
5. French Translation by Keldan.
6. New Brujah model from McGlocklinMA.

Do I have to start a new game now? :confused:

Hi,

I'm just back from holidays, can't wait to try out the new version :D

I'm currently beginning to catch up with the FFH Forum (I've been away for no more than 10 days, and there's already more than a full page of 'up' topics ! reading all that might take a bit of time), so my question might be a little stupid, but what's the Brujah model for ? Are there some White Wolf-like Cabalim units, or am I getting it all wrong ?

Ranbir said:
Do I have to start a new game now? :confused:

Nope, patch "C" doesn't break your save game if you are going from "B" to "C". If you are going from base 0.15 to "C" or "A" to "C" it will break your save game.

SchpailsMan said:
Hi,

I'm just back from holidays, can't wait to try out the new version :D

I'm currently beginning to catch up with the FFH Forum (I've been away for no more than 10 days, and there's already more than a full page of 'up' topics ! reading all that might take a bit of time), so my question might be a little stupid, but what's the Brujah model for ? Are there some White Wolf-like Cabalim units, or am I getting it all wrong ?

The Brujah is the berserker replacement for the Calabim. The Vampire Lord is the Immortal replacement for the Calabim.

Top Bottom