[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Eddiit said:
What is the benefit of playing the Sheaim? It seems like other than their awesome hero thye dont really get any benefits. Is their something I'm missing?

The Sheaim have the powerful Summoner trait, which makes their summoned units stay for 3 times as long. The only non-Shaaim leader that has that ability is Thessa.

Ranbir said:
A minor thing, but is it possible for FFH2 to automatically save games in a single\FFH2 folder? Can really help organise the saves.

Incase you missed it Kael. :)

Be cool if Mods create their own save folders.

Ranbir said:
Incase you missed it Kael. :)

Be cool if Mods create their own save folders.

Yeah, it would probably be possible to go in and mess with the savegame code. But I would hate to break anything and start losing saves or information from saves. I dont think its worth the risk.

Wow, would it be that risky? :\

Ranbir said:
Wow, would it be that risky? :\

For a real programmer, probably not. For me, definitly. ;)

Its not like its set in a configuration file or something. I would have to modify the source code to do it (something I try not to do unless we really need it).

Kael said:
The Sheaim have the powerful Summoner trait, which makes their summoned units stay for 3 times as long. The only non-Shaaim leader that has that ability is Thessa.

They are getting more work done to them though right?

It appears that the necessary savegame code (ie, what pops up the dialog that takes the savegame name) is in the exe (in gDLL->SaveGame). It might be possible to name yourself "\FFH\MyRealName" and get it to automatically insert it into the save dialog as part of your name, but I haven't tested it. If so, it might be possible to change all of the gDLL->SaveGame calls into code that first renames the player, then saves, then puts the player's name back.

I'm curious. The "good" races penalize you diplomatically if you use death or entropy magic. So why don't the "evil" races penalize for Law and spirit or law and life?

kzoocauchy said:
I'm curious. The "good" races penalize you diplomatically if you use death or entropy magic. So why don't the "evil" races penalize for Law and spirit or law and life?

The evil races typically dont care what you do within your own country. Treat your people good, treat them bad, summon demons, summon angels, whatever you need to get the job done.

The balance isnt that good and evil are the same on different function. But the good tend to be better friends (higher attitude adjustments) and more judgemental. The evil tend to be less loyal but less judgemental.

So Kael, are you really the knife slinging lockpicking rouge that can turn invisible and cheat death from Dragonshard, or is that just a name?

Ah excellent, a new patch! weee, I am guessing if I have the original installation i just installed the patch yes?

coko said:
Ah excellent, a new patch! weee, I am guessing if I have the original installation i just installed the patch yes?

If you have an origional install of 0.15 you only need the patch.

Fadawing said:
So Kael, are you really the knife slinging lockpicking rouge that can turn invisible and cheat death from Dragonshard, or is that just a name?

Nope, never read dragonshard. Kael was one of the characters in the FfH world that I made up many years ago. When I got on the internet I started using his name as my internet handle. Its possible (if not likely) I stole the name from somewhere, but that was to far back to remember. I've never heard of dragonshard so I don't think thats it.

And when I do a google search on Kael I get "Kael's transgender page" as the first hit. Nice...

Are there any other military units, which, like the amurite firebow, have 'built-in' spells??...i've looked through, played a couple different races, but have never noticed any others....give those firebows an extra move point and II fire spell...they are deadly :)

Blathergut said:
Are there any other military units, which, like the amurite firebow, have 'built-in' spells??...i've looked through, played a couple different races, but have never noticed any others....give those firebows an extra move point and II fire spell...they are deadly :)
Hippus Wind Knights also have a spell or two, iirc.

how much work is left for this to be a complete stable game ?
It is pretty stable now, and not obviously unbalanced, and there are no glaring holes. As for when it will have an "all done" sign hung on her, I'd say probably not this year.

I just finished a huge game using version 15c where I deliberately avoided numerous opportunities to win by domination because I prefered to win by building the tower of mastery. However, I goofed and accidentally won by domination while trying to get the last free mana on the map in order to create mind mana, which was all I needed to build the tower of alteration (the last tower I needed). Nobody had any mind mana (even after building the wonder to create more mana).

It would be nice if the tower of mastery's entry in the victory status page (or whatever you call that page) helped take care of some of that bookkeeping. Especially since it seems that if I goofed and had a worker convert the last free mana into the wrong type of mana nobody could build the tower of mastery in that game, regardless of what they captured, built or destroyed.

While I obviously made some mistakes, I'm still left with the impression you really have to actively work at avoiding winning via one of the other criteria if you want to build the tower of mastery (unless you go for broke and disable the other ways to win when you start the game). That doesn't seem right. It should be an alternative path, not a second win.

erm4gh said:
I just finished a huge game using version 15c where I deliberately avoided numerous opportunities to win by domination because I prefered to win by building the tower of mastery. However, I goofed and accidentally won by domination while trying to get the last free mana on the map in order to create mind mana, which was all I needed to build the tower of alteration (the last tower I needed). Nobody had any mind mana (even after building the wonder to create more mana).

It would be nice if the tower of mastery's entry in the victory status page (or whatever you call that page) helped take care of some of that bookkeeping. Especially since it seems that if I goofed and had a worker convert the last free mana into the wrong type of mana nobody could build the tower of mastery in that game, regardless of what they captured, built or destroyed.

While I obviously made some mistakes, I'm still left with the impression you really have to actively work at avoiding winning via one of the other criteria if you want to build the tower of mastery (unless you go for broke and disable the other ways to win when you start the game). That doesn't seem right. It should be an alternative path, not a second win.

i agree. i like the mana requirements, but geting all 14 at once is next to impossible w/o owning a huge swath of the map. perhaps it would be better just needing the four towers. that way you still need all the resources, just not all at once. that way you could 'reuse' nodes. (unless that's not possible... i've never tired)
another possibility asside from mana is to require sacrificing several high level casters to finish construction.

basically the problem is that the tower requires too much conquest, there really isn't a 'peaceful' win condition in FFH. warmongering is fun and all, but sometimes you just gotta turtle, ya know?
edit: post #100! hooray beer!

Top Bottom