[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

blue13326 said:
What's most impressive about this version as opposed to an earlier version I played is how well you've developed the spell/magic capabilities. It adds a whole new dimension to the game and makes this mod even more better than the vanilla civ4 game.

Thanks, the 2 key features of this phase are the spell system and the new civs. I have been very happy with how they have turned out.

Ahah! So -that- was why I couldn't build anything on that tile. I was playing a game back in c or d, can't remember which, and I could not for the life of me figure out why I couldn't build improvements in a spot that by all logic I should've been able to.
But that explains it. ^^

And yes, I do agree it's a good decision. Mana is king, and it's certainly vital to be able to plan it's acquisition from early on.

Just surprised me is all. ;)

Cheers!

does the Ai know how to cast spell and summon ?

and if i have a game saved with patch e , will it be wrecked if i will update it ?

This is a map and world-builder issue more than it is FFH, but it's an issue that I think would go well with the fantasy theme. Every once in a while, when you regenerate a map, one civilization starts from way up in the ice caps in a temperate little resource-rich paradise. I think it would add a lot to the exploration phase if there could be regular occurances of arctic oases like these. Imagine traversing the world searching for the Dragon's Hoard only to find it tucked away in the ice caps. Admittedly, I don't know if it's possible that this can be implemented, just another thing that might be neat.

Patch e breaks previous savegames, but patch f doesn't, so you should be fine there.

On a side note, just a thought that struck me.. Would it be possible to make founding a religion exclusive? As in, only allowing a certain Civ to found one religion. For some reason, as disparate as they are. For some reason I just have a really hard time seeing the same people found both, say, the Order and the Veil. Or for that matter largely any two religion. I totally buy the logic of not limiting civ's to certain religions or such, but I still can't quite swallow seeing one civ found several religions, it just feels.. odd. But then again, that may just be me. *s* Either way, either way.

Enough random babble for today.

Cheers!

carnivore said:
does the Ai know how to cast spell and summon ?

and if i have a game saved with patch e , will it be wrecked if i will update it ?

Patch "f" doesnt break patch "e" savegame so you should be fine.

The ai is pretty good at castign spells. It could be better. But it definitly summons, blesses units, teleports back to town, etc.

I think it is just part of the gameplay, and if you think about it, religions are generally founded from previous religions, or taken within the same area. Take Islam, Christianity...

I mean Order and Veil can't be in same City, which makes sense in some ways, but I suppose seeing the same race create both, is a rather random action..

If I missed patch 'e'...and install 'f' now...does 'f' include everything in 'e' or will i need to find 'e'???

Blathergut said:
If I missed patch 'e'...and install 'f' now...does 'f' include everything in 'e' or will i need to find 'e'???

All of the patches are inclusive. So even if you only have the base 0.15 patch "f" will be everything you need.

coko said:
I think it is just part of the gameplay, and if you think about it, religions are generally founded from previous religions, or taken within the same area. Take Islam, Christianity...

I mean Order and Veil can't be in same City, which makes sense in some ways, but I suppose seeing the same race create both, is a rather random action..

Religions IRL, yes. But I don't really think comparing historical religion and fantasy religions is necessarily the way to go. It's a bit different when your god actually manifests and whoops ass, and suchwise. Well, not that they would in FFH, what with the little deal they made. But even so.

And the religions in FFH are decidedly a -lot- more different to each other than, for example, most of the monotheistic religions of our world.

Either way, to each their own no doubt. :)

kzoocauchy said:
This is a map and world-builder issue more than it is FFH, but it's an issue that I think would go well with the fantasy theme. Every once in a while, when you regenerate a map, one civilization starts from way up in the ice caps in a temperate little resource-rich paradise. I think it would add a lot to the exploration phase if there could be regular occurances of arctic oases like these. Imagine traversing the world searching for the Dragon's Hoard only to find it tucked away in the ice caps. Admittedly, I don't know if it's possible that this can be implemented, just another thing that might be neat.

I like the idea, but that is probably more of an idea for a FfH scenerio rather than a mapscript suggestion.

I don't think I already posted to say this is great work. I liked FfH I, FfH II is great too. A bit more civilopedia would be great, though, as it's often hard to understand which unit is what and what a tech or building does. I have trouble figuring out when it is possible to create a Pirate Cove for instance.

(There's no way I'm going to read 115 pages just to post something)
Just wanted to ask:
I noticed there's no credit anywhere for the music you remixed from HoMM IV, specifically the Rune4.mp3 (I think that's the background music for traveling over seas) and OpeningMenu.mp3 (I'm not sure which is it, I think its somewhere in the menu themes, its been a while since I played HoMM IV)

Anyhow, Ffh is just awesome, I can't get enough of it (which isn't that good considering an upcoming test :p)

STDIO said:
(There's no way I'm going to read 115 pages just to post something)
Just wanted to ask:
I noticed there's no credit anywhere for the music you remixed from HoMM IV, specifically the Rune4.mp3 (I think that's the background music for traveling over seas) and OpeningMenu.mp3 (I'm not sure which is it, I think its somewhere in the menu themes, its been a while since I played HoMM IV)

Anyhow, Ffh is just awesome, I can't get enough of it (which isn't that good considering an upcoming test :p)

This is from the readme:

A huge thanks to the artists I shamelessly cut tiny pieces of art from to make all of the icons and graphics used in this mod. Justin Sweet, Brom, Don Maitz, Keith Parkinson, etc etc are all amazing and contributed (unknowingly) not only the amazing art, but inspiration for a fantasy world through their work. Several icons are used from the GuildWars game for their clear evocative style.

Some of the songs heard in this mod are from the Eclipse Mod for Half-life 2 and Arcanum. Additionally there are small cuts (5-30 seconds) of songs from Enya and Cirque du Soleil throughout the mod.

Justin Sweet: http://www.justinsweet.com/
Brom: http://www.bromart.com/
Keith Parkinson: http://www.keithparkinson.com/main.php
Don Maitz: http://www.paravia.com/DonMaitz/Version2/index.html

Eclipse Mod: http://students.guildhall.smu.edu/~eclipse/downloads.html
Arcanum: http://arcanum.sierra.com/us/media/media-soundtrack.html

It definitly misses a few things but its pretty close. Incidently I didn't remix or include any music from HOMM directly. Those are all tunes from Eclipse. But they are very similiar to HOMM songs, so they may have remixed them.

I think the Calabim may need to be toned down a bit on the exps gain for the vampire units. IMO, there should be a max number of times per turn a unit can feed. I agree once is probably too few, but 3 sounds about right. In many cases, the cities can be built such they can regrow a pop every turn. The net effect is that you have nearly unstopable units in a fraction of the time, and at no real cost to the player (if nothing else, have each feeding add an unhappy to the city for 10 turns like vanilla Civ and burning pop to complete a project).

I've been playing since first release of FfH, and have found it to be an excellent mod, level of detail and support are brilliant. Intergration and game play are amazing. Really well done.

I've noticed that you've had some input into the new Warhammer release, do you have any idea why despite it being a similiar size (with the music) it seems to load so very much quicker, even allowing for the 70meg 7zip file it still seems much much quicker?

To give you an indication I can normally press a shirt for work comfortably whilst waiting for FfH to load, with the other it's barely time to pour coffee.

Not a major gripe, the fact that I play prior to work shows how bad I have it.

grumpylad said:
I've been playing since first release of FfH, and have found it to be an excellent mod, level of detail and support are brilliant. Intergration and game play are amazing. Really well done.

I've noticed that you've had some input into the new Warhammer release, do you have any idea why despite it being a similiar size (with the music) it seems to load so very much quicker, even allowing for the 70meg 7zip file it still seems much much quicker?

To give you an indication I can normally press a shirt for work comfortably whilst waiting for FfH to load, with the other it's barely time to pour coffee.

Not a major gripe, the fact that I play prior to work shows how bad I have it.

Uncompressed FfH2 is about 479 meg and WHFB is about 226 Meg.

So, a random thought.. Why not give Dwarven Druids the ability to create hills, alá the Bloom ability of regular Druids, but adapted to fit everyone's favorite hill-dwelling gold-loving stunties?

I haven't played either Khazad or Luchuirp for a while, admittedly, so I don't remember exactly what it is they can do as is, but I'm fairly sure that's not something they can do, and yet it would be rather spiffy if they could, no? Both useful and in their theme.

I for one know I would love it, since I get all obsessive about building cities on hills when playing the Khazad especially. But either way, just another random idea. >.>

Cheers!

Top Bottom