[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Hello,

I'm playing as Jonas & I've gotten pretty far along in the game without any problems, until now. I've just built my first Orc berserker. He's got 5/2 XP out of the gate, however I can't promote him.

Also I played a previous game as the Doviello & I know one of their traits allows them to auto upgrade weapons, but I've not been able to upgrade any other civs weaponry. I've got all req metals & forges, workshops what have you - but I get no announcement that they've upgraded nor do I get an offer ato upgrade as a promotion. Just a couple of observations.

Love the MOD - really love this build!
Seamus

Okay - it'll let me promote him now, but the promotion icon doesn't go away after you do it. Also the unit appears on the screen, but in the window I have a picture of a conjurer & the action menu is that of a conjurer. I took a pic, so let's see if it'll let me upload.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 168
seamus75 said:
Okay - it'll let me promote him now, but the promotion icon doesn't go away after you do it. Also the unit appears on the screen, but in the window I have a picture of a conjurer & the action menu is that of a conjurer. I took a pic, so let's see if it'll let me upload.

Definitly strange. Have you tried saving, exiting Civ4 and reloading?

Also I played a previous game as the Doviello & I know one of their traits allows them to auto upgrade weapons, but I've not been able to upgrade any other civs weaponry. I've got all req metals & forges, workshops what have you - but I get no announcement that they've upgraded nor do I get an offer ato upgrade as a promotion. Just a couple of observations.
It's not really a trait, just a special feature of the Doviello, which otherwise only applies to mercenary units.

Hi !

A question:

Patch b is standalone or you need to install patch a first?

being patch a removed from first post?(i have on my pc though)

seamus75 said:

Similar situation to what seamus75 is reporting with, hopefully, an attached screenshot.

And I did try to save, exit, and reload. Same thing, except now I don't get any promotion options at all, even the blue "promotion available sparkle" is gone.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    356 KB · Views: 161
mrvomit said:
Hi !

A question:

Patch b is standalone or you need to install patch a first?

being patch a removed from first post?(i have on my pc though)

All patches are cumulative (you don't need patch a if you apply patch b).

Nightingale said:
Similar situation to what seamus75 is reporting with, hopefully, an attached screenshot.

Oh, and I did try to save, exit, and reload. Same thing, except now I don't get any promotion options at all, even the blue "promotion available sparkle" is gone.

Could you or Seamus attach a save game so I can check it out.

This is sure turning out to be one helluva master piece FFH team. Wish you all luck, perhaps this can turn out like the counter-strike mod for half-life that eventually gave the team profits! May all your work be rewarded someday! Can't wait to see the finished product!

I was browsing some threads and came across a link leading to this. It's an improvement someone is working on for the CIV vanilla code. May be worth looking at to make the AI in this mod fundamentally smarter. Even Firaxis is looking at this code for things to put into their next patch.

Gamestation said:
I was browsing some threads and came across a link leading to this. It's an improvement someone is working on for the CIV vanilla code. May be worth looking at to make the AI in this mod fundamentally smarter. Even Firaxis is looking at this code for things to put into their next patch.

Blake's AI improvements were put into FfH a while ago. You already have it.

Really? That thread is less than a month old. You're also watching that thread for updates right? Anyway you guys sure are on top of things it seems.:goodjob:

Gamestation said:
Really? That thread is less than a month old. You're also watching that thread for updates right? Anyway you guys sure are on top of things it seems.:goodjob:

I dont watch that thread, but I have access to Blakes work through other means. It really is brillant stuff and he is a great modder.

So, started playing yesterday afternoon(round 5 something) and before I knew it, it was 2 AM and I didn't want to stop playing but a ctd did the job of breaking the hold over me. Amazing.

Well put together, other than the ctds trying to do things in the space view, but that doesn't matter much. I played about 400 years as the Malakim, made a nice little kingdom, most powerful civ in the world, founded the order and quickly spread it whereve I could and used it to make allies with the Hippus and Basim, while the dwarves were still Kilmorps and the evil guys(the vampire and clown) are that leaf thing. Wonders are cool, everything's balanced, I just love it.

I have a question though. What's mana for? The pedia says you need it for spells, but I haven't needed it, so I just traded them away.

Ulyaoth said:
So, started playing yesterday afternoon(round 5 something) and before I knew it, it was 2 AM and I didn't want to stop playing but a ctd did the job of breaking the hold over me. Amazing.

Well put together, other than the ctds trying to do things in the space view, but that doesn't matter much. I played about 400 years as the Malakim, made a nice little kingdom, most powerful civ in the world, founded the order and quickly spread it whereve I could and used it to make allies with the Hippus and Basim, while the dwarves were still Kilmorps and the evil guys(the vampire and clown) are that leaf thing. Wonders are cool, everything's balanced, I just love it.

I have a question though. What's mana for? The pedia says you need it for spells, but I haven't needed it, so I just traded them away.

Yeah I hate that CTD when you click the religious button. I havent been able to figure out how to stop the CTD (or remove the button) but Im still thinking about it.

Mana, thats a lot of fun, heres the deal:

1. In order for your mage types (adepts, mages, conjurers, archmages, summoners and other various civ specific versions of those units) to learn spells you need access to the associated sort of mana. So for your untis to learn fire spells you need fire mana.

2. All civs start with 2-3 types of mana already. The Clan of Embers starts with Fire, Chaos and Nature mana so their mages can learn Fire, Chaos and Nature magic.

3. "Raw" mana nodes can be improved to mana nodes of specific types by your mage types (adepts, mages, etc etc). So your adepts can turn a mana ndoe into a death mana node which would give you access to death mana and allow your units to learn death spells.

4. If you have 2 sources of the same sort of mana your adepts gets rank 1 in that spell sphere for free (instead of just having the ability to learn it). If you have 3 sources of that mana type your adepts start with rank 1 and rank 2 for free. So if are playing the Clan of Embers (which has fire as one of its starting mana) and you turn 2 mana nodes into fire mana nodes then your newly created adepts would start with Fire I and Fire II for free.

5. If you have the right sorts of mana you may be able to build the lesser towers (Tower of Alteration, Tower of Divination, Tower of the Elements and Tower of Necromancy). Each tower is a national wonder and provides different beneifts.

6. If you have built all of the 4 lesser towers and you have access to all 14 mana types in the game you can build the Tower of Mastery. If you complete that tower (and oyu have the tower of mastery victory condition turned on) you win the game.

Hi, I seem to have an issue with being able to select units, previously a stack would be shown just a bove the middle bottom panel by indivual unit to select click on one and hey presto it was active and you could do what ever with it. Now that small icons are not displayed in either city or in the wilds.

The situation looks very similar to the way mercenaries were displayed with patch A (really really cool the weapon promotion btw). It now seems to apply to all patch B units.

Any ideas?
EDIT: Nevermind a full reboot and reload sorted it

Can someone tell me.. Is there a limit to the number of traits you can give to a leader? We have been tinkering with the traits and when we add adaptive to an existing 4 trait leader, it does not work. I am wondering if theres a cap at 4 traits or if there is a command somewhere that Im not turning on, etc. I have looked at the original files for civs with the adaptive trait, but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

:confused:

Top Bottom