[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Hello,

I have two very minor issues; but I would like to preface with the obligatory though wholly sincere "I LOVE THIS MOD!"!

Issue 1 - Playing as the Amurites (only check this problem on them) my adepts are showing up a red bubbles - minor.

That will be fixed in patch "a".

Issue 2 - the white flag fix that has been around for ages does not work on this new build - in fact when I try to apply it the .16 version of FFH2 somehow shows up in my MOD directory despite having deleted it. Again minor, but am a little concerned about the uninvited .16 showing up (since we should have deleted all old versions for this one to run smoothly)

Thanks,
Seamus

I uploaded a new one, its linked in the first post.

Kael and team, you're doing great work, as always. Thank you.
But one comment... Masonry looks quite useless at the moment. It gives no wonders; grants access to rare stone and marble resources (I've finished games, without even seeing them!) and stone walls, which do not really seem something one must have. Maybe, there would be some point in making this tech more useful?

Also.. Kael, are you going to create FfH localization kits, so it could be translated into other languages? :)

Hm, I usually have more stone & marble resources than other strategic ones (same as iron/bronze, but more than reagents).

On a related note:
Does anyone know how I can tell Smartmap to generate maps with more mana nodes than usual? The "more resources" tab doesn't do this I think, no matter what setting is used...

@Kael: Do mana nodes count as strategic/luxury/other resources or are they just a "map feature" like towers?

I just installed Civ4 and tried to install this mod. Once it was extracted it won't show up under load a mod. What am I doing wrong? I have patch 1.61.

Do I need to reinstall version .21 or does it work like the other patches for v. 2 of Fire? Will it wreck saved games?

I just installed Civ4 and tried to install this mod. Once it was extracted it won't show up under load a mod. What am I doing wrong? I have patch 1.61.

Are you sure, you have Pak0.FPK file in Civilization 4 Folder\Mods\<Fall-from-Heaven-folder>\Assets?

amurite adept looks cool...it is truly nice how all the units create a distinct feel for the amurites...thanks to the creator :)

...now, about that amurite settler...

:)

amurite adept looks cool...it is truly nice how all the units create a distinct feel for the amurites...thanks to the creator :)

...now, about that amurite settler...

:)

hehe, thanks ;)
but i am not creative when it comes to civ diverse settlers (if you think that those have to look like the guys surviving the age of ice), as i dont like creating warriros, it`s not easy when they have to look too primitive ;)

Patch "a" is linked in the first post. It resolves the following issues:

1. Fixed the set weapons error when Barnaxus is built.
2. Catapults and Balseraph Catapults decreased from 3 strength to 3/2 strength.
3. Trebuchets reduced from 5 strength to 5/3 strength.
4. Skull Catapults reduced from 6 strength to 5/3 strength.
5. Pitch Wagon reduced from 4 strength to 4/2 strength.
6. Cannon increased from 6 strength to 7/5 strength.
7. Dwarven Cannon reduced from 9 strength to 9/6 strength.
8. Fixed the Amurite Adept model (on non-shader cards).
9. Fixed the Doviello Assassin (on non-shader cards).
10. Fixed broken Seraph graphics.
11. Fixed a python error if a unit from another civ dies in a city with Mokka's Caudron.

It won't break save games.

thanks so much but it does not allow downloads mnangers, at least mine so I only got 50 Mo without being able to resume

Have a look on the subforum, it's the .21 bug thread. Site owned by BCalchet I believe. He's happy for a couple of connections but not a load

A quick question re. alignment and religion. I know that choosing a certain religion afects a players alignment but is it intentional that this is a one time only effect and permanent?

I am playing the .21 verision (unpatched) and started as the vampires, so evil. At one point I converted to Runes and became neutral, but when all my evil friends started turning against me I hastily turned back to no state religion, yet I remained neutral after doing so. In a flap I raced to OO to reclaim my rightful evil place but this had no effect either and I was still considered neutral despite being a civilization of vampires worshipping a big octopus!

Would it be possible to change things so alignment is more dynamic and less of a one shot deal?

Haven't actually posted in some time and I have to say Kael this mod has come a tremendously long way. Having played it from the original version you have really created a distinct and stand alone game. The spell system in particular impresses me.

I noticed a few posts earlier mentioning the lack of benefits of quarrying. While I don't wholly agree with it it brought to mind an idea for a new resource, obsidian. It could add two hammers and 2-3 commerce w/ a quarry. Additionally I was thinking it could add a 10% to archers to represent obisidian arrow heads. I'm sure you didn't include archers in the weapon upgrade system for a reason but it was just a thought and I don't think 10% would be imbalacing.

Also why the removal of core of the subtle? How about replacing it with something like an ancient tomb, like succelous (sp?) but on the evil side of things. You could call it tomb of the lich king and it could provide 1 death mana and maybe produce tomb guards every so often dependent on game speed. When the armageddon clock reaches a certain point the lich king awakes as a unit.

In any event just some ideas and if you don't like them no problem. I'll continue to enjoy the mod as long as you keep making it.:goodjob:

A quick question re. alignment and religion. I know that choosing a certain religion afects a players alignment but is it intentional that this is a one time only effect and permanent?

I am playing the .21 verision (unpatched) and started as the vampires, so evil. At one point I converted to Runes and became neutral, but when all my evil friends started turning against me I hastily turned back to no state religion, yet I remained neutral after doing so. In a flap I raced to OO to reclaim my rightful evil place but this had no effect either and I was still considered neutral despite being a civilization of vampires worshipping a big octopus!

Would it be possible to change things so alignment is more dynamic and less of a one shot deal?

Its not one shot, it changes as you change religion. Here are the effects:

1. The Order- will always make you good.
2. Runes of Kilmorph- Will make evil leaders neutral.
3. Fellowship of Leaves- Doesnt effect alignment.
4. Octopus Overlords- Will make good leaders neutral.
5. The Ashen Veil- will always make you evil.

Once again, I believe obsidian will run up against the 50 resource limit issue. I mean otherwise it would be great for a resource found near peaks, or a hell resource to replace gems.

Top Bottom