[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Good evening gentlemen,
So I installed the mod a couple of years ago, tons of fun
and I found about about fall further recently, seriously this is the best mod series of any game I have ever known. So just like to say thanks.
Anyway, I recently installed it all again on a new computer, the problem I am having is that units texture are glitching. for example, a barbarian orc will be seen as the defeat texture (in this case a pikemen) The fall from heaven mod textures are not working correctly typically out of a 1 square range of vision (of my own troops) but sometimes even my own troops have the problem.
I have found out it is coming from fall from heaven 2 and not fall further.
Any Idea's?
I have uninstalled FF and Civ4 and BTS.
Thanks.

Good evening gentlemen,
So I installed the mod a couple of years ago, tons of fun
and I found about about fall further recently, seriously this is the best mod series of any game I have ever known. So just like to say thanks.
Anyway, I recently installed it all again on a new computer, the problem I am having is that units texture are glitching. for example, a barbarian orc will be seen as the defeat texture (in this case a pikemen) The fall from heaven mod textures are not working correctly typically out of a 1 square range of vision (of my own troops) but sometimes even my own troops have the problem.
I have found out it is coming from fall from heaven 2 and not fall further.
Any Idea's?
I have uninstalled FF and Civ4 and BTS.
Thanks.
Try to disable "frozen animations" in the graphic options menu

I love the mod but was wondering if there was a way to have the gunpowder tech as an option?

Its just a feel thing but fire gunpowder reminds me of fire by rank at the French, not Ogres

Thanks

I love the mod but was wondering if there was a way to have the gunpowder tech as an option?

Its just a feel thing but fire gunpowder reminds me of fire by rank at the French, not Ogres

Thanks

Thats a good point and I agree with you however there are many warhammer fans who might disagree.

Lucky for you, I am not one of them. :mischief:

Allow me to offer then a different solution; You could use a simple text editor like notepad which is native to windows in order to edit a file called CIV4TechInfos.xml and could be located in this folder (which i hope you can find)

..\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\Technologies\CIV4TechInfos.xml

Before you do anything i stress that you should backup you files so you wont have to reinstall the entire mod anew.
I suggest you back your file within a zip archive, that way you can be sure you won't copy over it by accident.

Well then, having said that - Open the file and press ctrl+f to initiate a search.
you are looking for a line that reads:

<Type>TECH_BLASTING_POWDER</Type>

When you see that line you know you are on the right record.
Now you are looking for a line that reads:

<AndPreReqs>
<PrereqTech>TECH_IRON_WORKING</PrereqTech>
</AndPreReqs>

That means that one must discover Iron working prior to the discovery of the Blasting powder tech, here you change that requirement to something else. Change it to TECH_NEVER.

E.G.
<AndPreReqs>
<PrereqTech>TECH_NEVER</PrereqTech>
</AndPreReqs>

And off you go to your shenanigans. ;)

Another option would be to change
Code:
<bDisable>0</bDisable>
to
Code:
<bDisable>1</bDisable>
I believe that would also make the tech be displayed red (not researchable).

Thats awesome! thanks. :)
Checking CIV4TechnologiesSchema.xml

WOW! My life just became easier, I should have read the schema files more attentively and stand corrected. :)

<ElementType name="bDisable" content="textOnly" dt:type="boolean"/>

Thanks mate.

@Sorta I'd go with lfgr's solution, mine was a bit "dwarven".

Thats awesome! thanks. :)
Checking CIV4TechnologiesSchema.xml

WOW! My life just became easier, I should have read the schema files more attentively and stand corrected. :)

<ElementType name="bDisable" content="textOnly" dt:type="boolean"/>

Thanks mate.

@Sorta I'd go with lfgr's solution, mine was a bit "dwarven".

Genius gentlemen:king: - blasting powder tech is in red. Now my productivity/marriage will continue to suffer!

And you explained it so even an ex-accountant could understand.

Genius gentlemen:king: - blasting powder tech is in red. Now my productivity/marriage will continue to suffer!

And you explained it so even an ex-accountant could understand.

well, thanks. :blush:

Hi there

I am curious about something: I have been playing ffh and Rise of Manking for the past 2 years, and both are brilliant. I am interested in being able to make larger maps on ffh, like you can in Rise. I tried copy pasting Rise's larger map code to the .xml map size file of ffh (after making a backup copy of course), with the appropriate modifications that I saw fit. It ended up like this:

<WorldInfo>
<Type>WORLDSIZE_GIGANTIC</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_WORLD_GIGANTIC</Description>
<Help>TXT_KEY_WORLD_GIGANTIC_HELP</Help>
<iDefaultPlayers>24</iDefaultPlayers>
<iUnitNameModifier>0</iUnitNameModifier>
<iTargetNumCities>10</iTargetNumCities>
<iNumFreeBuildingBonuses>9</iNumFreeBuildingBonuses>
<iBuildingClassPrereqModifier>140</iBuildingClassPrereqModifier>
<iMaxConscriptModifier>125</iMaxConscriptModifier>
<iWarWearinessModifier>-85</iWarWearinessModifier>
<iGridWidth>50</iGridWidth>
<iGridHeight>30</iGridHeight>
<iTerrainGrainChange>1</iTerrainGrainChange>
<iFeatureGrainChange>1</iFeatureGrainChange>
<iResearchPercent>250</iResearchPercent>
<iTradeProfitPercent>10</iTradeProfitPercent>
<iDistanceMaintenancePercent>175</iDistanceMaintenancePercent>
<iNumCitiesMaintenancePercent>10</iNumCitiesMaintenancePercent>
<iColonyMaintenancePercent>30</iColonyMaintenancePercent>
<iCorporationMaintenancePercent>50</iCorporationMaintenancePercent>
<iNumCitiesAnarchyPercent>4</iNumCitiesAnarchyPercent>
<iAdvancedStartPointsMod>140</iAdvancedStartPointsMod>
<iMaxCitiesMod>4</iMaxCitiesMod>
<iUniqueFeatureChance>20</iUniqueFeatureChance>
</WorldInfo>

The game runs fine, unless I actually try to run it on this new size, in which case it gets only to initializing the process of making the new map and then simply stops working. Did I get the code wrong or do I have to change something else on another part of the game's files? Is increasing the map size options even possible on this mod in particular? I know the answer probably is on the forums, but they are so huge that the task of actually finding it is quite intimidating. I would be very grateful If someone could help me fix this and get the new map size to work or if would know where I can find the answer.

you probably need to modify the mapscripts as well when you add another worldsizetype.

Instead of adding a new worldsize you could try to change the values of an already existing one

you probably need to modify the mapscripts as well when you add another worldsizetype.

Instead of adding a new worldsize you could try to change the values of an already existing one
Hm...this is interesting. Your suggestion worked. I changed the data of the Huge map size to this one I posted. The curious thing happened when I decided that, given the increased map size, it would be nice to have more turns. So I added Rise's "Snail" speed of 3000 turns (yeah yeah, call me crazy for wanting epic extremily long games...you wont be the first :crazyeye:) Now the thing is that when I use this speed all capitals automatically get legendary culture level at the first turn, right after they are founded. Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot for the help and sorry for been such a noob at this

Another option would be to change
Code:
<bDisable>0</bDisable>
to
Code:
<bDisable>1</bDisable>
I believe that would also make the tech be displayed red (not researchable).

Out of boredom, this method is not advisable for mods that can start in later eras.
As you know a classical era start game will grant all ancient era techs to all players, even if disabled.

Works only for future era tech

Out of boredom, this method is not advisable for mods that can start in later eras.
As you know a classical era start game will grant all ancient era techs to all players, even if disabled.

Works only for future era tech

therefor, change the tech to be in the future era.

Which then defeats the purpose in this case when he could just change one tag to tech never, but now he has to change 2 tags

I saw the post above, asking how to enable gunpowder, and that got me thinking. Is there a modmod for FFH that has a technology/gunpowder tech area as an alternative to magic? The idea of firing rifles and muskets at orcs was too great an image in my mind.

Hello,

I just finished developing a new Warhammer scenario based on Fall From Heaven II rules (download below).
The scenario includes a 128x80 map of warhammer world (include old and new world) with all special palces of FFH2 plus landmarks from WH, as well as 25 playable civilizations, that are mapped to FFH2 ones:
  • The Empire --> Grigori (Cassiel as Magnus)
  • Bretonnia --> Elohim (Einion as King Louen Leoncoeur)
  • Wood elves --> Ljosalfar (Arendel as Ariel)
  • Tilea --> Balseraphs (Perpentach as Borgio)
  • Estalia --> Bannor (Capria as Jose' Paul)
  • Kislev --> Hippus (Tasunke as Katarin)
  • Norsca --> Illians (Auric as Styrkaar)
  • Sylvania --> Calabim (Flauros as Vlad)
  • Khazukan (Dwarves) --> Khazad (Arturus as Thorgrim)
  • Khemri --> Sheaim (Os-Gabella as Settra)
  • Lahmia --> Calabim (Alexis as Lahmia)
  • Araby --> Malakim (Varn as Jaffar)
  • Ind --> Amurites (Valledia as Saman-ya Durut Momad)
  • Cathay --> Kuriotates (Cardith as Wu)
  • Nippon --> Lanun (Falamar as Takagura)
  • Ulthuan --> Mercurians (Basium as Aenarion)
  • Naggaroth --> Svartalfar (Faeryl as Malekith)
  • Slann (lizardmen) --> Ljosalfar (Thessa as Mazdamundi)
  • The Hung --> Hippus (Rhoanna as Wei-Tu)
  • Kurgan --> Doviello (Mahala as Surtha Lenk)
  • Skaven --> Sidar (Sandalphon as Kritislik)
  • Chaos Dwarfs --> Luchuirp with ashen veil as start (Garriim as Rykarth)
  • Da Whaag Orcs --> Clan of Embers (Jonas as Azhag the Slaughterer)
  • Ogre Kingdoms --> Clan of Embers (Sheelba as Greasus Goldtooth)
  • Hordes of Chaos --> Infernal (Hyborem as Archaon)
  • Beasts of Chaos --> Infernal (Meresin as Gorthor)

Any suggestion is welcome!

Have a nice Easter week-end ;-)

Attachments

• Warhammer for FFH2.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    953.3 KB · Views: 315
  • warhammer4ffh2.jpg
    warhammer4ffh2.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 490
I saw the post above, asking how to enable gunpowder, and that got me thinking. Is there a modmod for FFH that has a technology/gunpowder tech area as an alternative to magic? The idea of firing rifles and muskets at orcs was too great an image in my mind.

The Rise from Erebus modmod, among many other things, has a steampunk faction called the Mechanos. One they've teched up a bit, they have plenty of units with guns, artillery pieces and such.

Top Bottom