[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Psycadelic_Magi said:
Ok well 2 points from me:
Playing as the Baseraphs I couldn't find a way to load my parrot into my acrobat,
And although I dont know if this is a game problem but I got a major crash when I ended my turn with my captured spider next to a barbarian orc.

You are right, you cant load a parrot in an acrobat (what other game has these sorts of conversations?!?). I will fix it in the next patch. If your crash is reproducable I would love to get a save of it.

Wow. I must say the Kuriotates have to be my secound favorite civ now. That Sprawling trait is amazing, and realy changes the shape of the civ.

samari_tycoon said:
Wow. I must say the Kuriotates have to be my secound favorite civ now. That Sprawling trait is amazing, and realy changes the shape of the civ.

Cool, glad you are enjoying it. We know that they aren't for all players but we think some players will really enjoy them and that they offer a new way to play.

Just one question, what does it take to up grade the settlement into a full fleged city, does it need a certin amount of culture? Or population? Or is it just my three begining citys that can realy become those Mega citys?

samari_tycoon said:
Just one question, what does it take to up grade the settlement into a full fleged city, does it need a certin amount of culture? Or population? Or is it just my three begining citys that can realy become those Mega citys?

You only get 3. You cant upgrade a settlement to a city unless you lose one of your main cities, then you can. But if you then retake the lost main city it will be a settlement.

There is actually a setting in the editor that allows you to set the amount of main cities available to sprawling leaders, changing that number will adjust your limit.

WOW, now this change FINALLY makes this a way different "FUN" game to play, a far step from FfH1, the tech tree did it great job, guys. Now it finally looks and plays COMPLETELY different. And again, WOW! "like the spiders, nice touch, for fun.":goodjob:

strategyonly said:
WOW, now this change FINALLY makes this a way different "FUN" game to play, a far step from FfH1, the tech tree did it great job, guys. Now it finally looks and plays COMPLETELY different. And again, WOW! "like the spiders, nice touch, for fun.":goodjob:

Im glad to hear good feedback about the techtree, it was a major undertaking and there really isn't any easy way to go back. Up to this point we have always used the vanilla civ tech tree with a lot of modifications, this one was built from the ground up for FfH.

I dont think its quite there yet, Im sure wewill be doing a lot of fine tuning in the next version but I really think the layout is much more logical and fun (it supports a lot more interesting decisions) than the previous tree.

drjones said:
The new hunter and goblins look great!

SeZereth did them, they are amazing. The hunter in particular looks like professional art, I never would have guessed that was a community unit.

Hm, very interesting idea with the Kuriotates. Haven't yet decided if it appeals to my style of play or not, but it's a very interesting idea to be sure. Might or might not need some tweaking to be balanced, haven't tried it yet so I can't comment there. But it deserves kudos for being original. :)

Cheers!

Just downloaded and played a game with the Luchuirp (I'm saving the Sheaim for later), and came up with three issues:

1. The dwarven trait does not allow any of the listed movement changes -- no double move through hills, no movement on peaks.

2. My golems are created with no experience, but wind up mysteriously receiving two stars after hanging around for a few turns. No additional promotions occur after this.

3. The Luchuirp hero, Barnaxus, does not have the "hero" trait. Is this by design?

Brilliant work (again)! It's nice to see the Luchuirp become a bit more viable.

Hello Again,

I was just wondering a bit about the kuriotates. The 3 city limit, is that only for my own settlers? Can I conquer more? How big can a settlement get? How do I grow a settlement? Is there any way to get around the 3 city limit?

Also, if the kuriotates found another religion, does the dragon cult take away culture if the other religion is the adopted one?

Thanks

You can get more cities, but they are really only good for claiming land for resources, but at least they do not cost support. They can only be at size 1 though.

My question though is that the ai is telling me when I'm playing the kuriotates that I need to improve the land around the settlement, when it woun't do all that much good. Does the AI when playing them realize this?

Thorvald said:
Just downloaded and played a game with the Luchuirp (I'm saving the Sheaim for later), and came up with three issues:

1. The dwarven trait does not allow any of the listed movement changes -- no double move through hills, no movement on peaks.

2. My golems are created with no experience, but wind up mysteriously receiving two stars after hanging around for a few turns. No additional promotions occur after this.

3. The Luchuirp hero, Barnaxus, does not have the "hero" trait. Is this by design?

Brilliant work (again)! It's nice to see the Luchuirp become a bit more viable.

As goes Barnaxus, so goes the Luchuirp. Any combat promtoions on Barnaxus are shared by all golems in his empire. So those 2 combat promotions on your new golems are because Barnaxus has 2 combat promotions. If Barnaxus dies all of the golems will lose them, but with Combat 5 on Barnaxus the Luchuirp golem army is terrifing.

lost_civantares said:
You can get more cities, but they are really only good for claiming land for resources, but at least they do not cost support. They can only be at size 1 though.

My question though is that the ai is telling me when I'm playing the kuriotates that I need to improve the land around the settlement, when it woun't do all that much good. Does the AI when playing them realize this?

Settlements can grow, they just wont grow as quickly and easily as normal cities. I have had 4-5 size settlements.

Warlords Eraser said:
Hello Again,

I was just wondering a bit about the kuriotates. The 3 city limit, is that only for my own settlers? Can I conquer more? How big can a settlement get? How do I grow a settlement? Is there any way to get around the 3 city limit?

Also, if the kuriotates found another religion, does the dragon cult take away culture if the other religion is the adopted one?

Thanks

They can only have 3 real cities. Eveyrthing else is a "settlement". Settlements cant make any units and very few buildings (only the city walls and the obelisk).

If you conquer a city and you already have your 3 main cities then the conquered city becomes a settlement.

And about the dragon cult, no. The Kuriotates and the Sheaim never suffer from the culture draining of the cult, no matter what religion they are.

You know, I have been wondering about the Sidar. What plans do you have with them? Are they going to have alot of stealthed units that can pass though other peoples borders, but since being Wraiths they are slightly weaker than other civs? I'm just alittle curious... It would be cool though.

Would it be possible to make the settlement building buildable for Kuriotates cities, and the city hub building buildable (3 per civ) for their settlements?

Tried a game with them yesterday, pangea, duell, 18 civs (I love this crowded maps) and well, its bad to not be able to choose WHICH three towns become your main cities.

Top Bottom