[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

darkedone02 said:
hey keal, where did you get the music files from? Lineage 2? cause i'm currently playing Lineage 2 and listen to a song from lineage 2 that sound exacaly like the one in your songs.

The soundtracks are mostly from Rich Douglas and Arcanum (Trokia put all Arcanum's songs up on the internet for free download). Rich Douglas is also the guy who did the music for Eclipse, a Half-Life2 fantasy mod that I use a lot of tracks from.

If you check out Rich's website notice how his different songs do such a good job of carrying a genre feel with them. Even staring at the same website just having the different songs playing really changes the mood. Which is why I liked his work so much for FfH.

I can't seem to get this modpack to work - I'll go to advanced, click on FFH, then it'll close down and restart like it usually does, and it'll pull up the charging screen. But then, nothing happens, and the loading bar screen, the one with all the 'inits' won't pop up. Huh?

How much RAM have you got? I have 1024 MB, and usually I have to wait several minutes until something happens. If you have 512 or less, it might take even longer.

monolith94 said:
I can't seem to get this modpack to work - I'll go to advanced, click on FFH, then it'll close down and restart like it usually does, and it'll pull up the charging screen. But then, nothing happens, and the loading bar screen, the one with all the 'inits' won't pop up. Huh?

Durinbg that period the computer is copying everything in the fall from heaven mod to another section on your hard drive. It make take a few minute if your hard drive is slow.

If you have less than about 600 meg free on your hard drive then it will fail and the mod will never start.

Kael said:
The druid is awesome. I would definitly use a full color version if you provided it.

Remember that it will be shrunk to 64x64 pixels so dont worry about to much detail.
All righty, I'll start work on it tomorrow. :) I've been busy today as well and made a rather nice-looking Paladin, in case you're interested?

Here's the Paladin. I've shrunk him to small size:

And then to button size:

Hmmm... he seems to look a bit too light. I'll fix that.

ElStormo said:
Here's the Paladin. I've shrunk him to small size:

And then to button size:

Hmmm... he seems to look a bit too light. I'll fix that.

Yeah the colors are to light. I dont use any pictures from one of my favorite artists (Stephanie Law) because they are too light. We typically use very deep colors, oils and such for the pics when possible.

Kael said:
Yeah the colors are to light. I dont use any pictures from one of my favorite artists (Stephanie Law) because they are too light. We typically use very deep colors, oils and such for the pics when possible.
Oils would be too time-consuming. But I'm sure I can make it a lot darker. I'll fix it tomorrow :)

JuliusBloodmoon said:
Nice pic. I´m not from the team or anything, but I would love to see your art on the mod. Great job ;)
gandhi rules said:
ive loved to play with all-devouver in ffh one.
sad its not in the latest and nice pics el strormo.
Thanks guys! :)

ElStormo said:
Here's the Paladin.

Awesome looking.

Kael, what is the time table for the release of the next update. I'm bored with Warlords except for the Great Wall and the University of Sankore (sp?).

Broken Hawk said:
Awesome looking.

Kael, what is the time table for the release of the next update. I'm bored with Warlords except for the Great Wall and the University of Sankore (sp?).

A release date on 0.15 hasn't been set yet.

Does this look better? Or is it too dark. If it is, I'll adjust the colours manually, in the drawing itself.

Or this?:

...hmph. I was going to use the little goober as my avatar but it seems I can only choose from the predefined ones :(

What do you think of the sounds I posted - should I beggin working with soundsets? Can we change the way the game handles them, as I mentioned?

BTW this paladin looks awesome. However it might became more suitable for the game with a little editing, perhaps if you play with effects and both contrast/brightness. But I do like it this way :)

(about the veil founding)

AlazkanAssassin said:
or leaves. it doesn't change a thing

The difference is that leaves is an early religion, so it has more time to spread and convert the evil civs, and then there is no one left to found the veil...

dreiche2 said:
(about the veil founding)

The difference is that leaves is an early religion, so it has more time to spread and convert the evil civs, and then there is no one left to found the veil...

But Leaves doesn't convert alignment. It's all alignment.

I don't see other's founding religions because I go out of my way to found them first... it slows their spread. Someone else pretty much always gets either Octopus or Veil eventually though.

Are you actively trying to convert the other civs to a neutral or good alignment civ?

Ghengis Khan is pretty cool for Warlords. The camps are interesting to play with.

Any thoughts on using them for Doviello?

The Great General is interesting, but it seems like it has a lot more impact on the game than the other great people. Or maybe it does because I'm militaristic style player? Anyway it is interesting facet that might add something... maybe as a hero instead of great person??

Are you able to take pieces of Warlords and incorporate into FfHII?

I think one thing that disappointed me with Warlords was how several of the scenarios were small maps... Quick games and they are actually interesting, but they're quick games. Which is probably why I liked Ghegis Khan scenario since it is Europe and Asia which is a pretty big map.

Yorgos said:
What do you think of the sounds I posted - should I beggin working with soundsets? Can we change the way the game handles them, as I mentioned?

BTW this paladin looks awesome. However it might became more suitable for the game with a little editing, perhaps if you play with effects and both contrast/brightness. But I do like it this way :)

Yeap, I love the orc sounds. Im going to add them.

Top Bottom