[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

OK, then I'll try some other soundsets. Devils, angels, elves and undead will probably follow after a few days. About the others, I'll see what I can do. But I insist that we should find a way to assign the sounds to units instead of civilisations. This would allow more detail as well (eg different sounds for skeletons and vampires).

Yorgos said:
OK, then I'll try some other soundsets. Devils, angels, elves and undead will probably follow after a few days. About the others, I'll see what I can do. But I insist that we should find a way to assign the sounds to units instead of civilisations. This would allow more detail as well (eg different sounds for skeletons and vampires).

Its easy to apply them to units, thats not a problem.

I quickly skimmed through the thread, so if this has been mentioned, sory. It is kinda big :)

Hoy do you build summoners? I'm playing elven and I have the requisite tech and the wonder that puts mage guilds in every city, but I still can't get them. Have they not been implemented, or am I missing something?

On another note, thanks for all the hard work put into this mod. It's amazing how many things you guys have accomplished, things that even the scenarios in the latest expansion haven't been able to mirror. Good job!

sakesniper said:
I quickly skimmed through the thread, so if this has been mentioned, sory. It is kinda big :)

Hoy do you build summoners? I'm playing elven and I have the requisite tech and the wonder that puts mage guilds in every city, but I still can't get them. Have they not been implemented, or am I missing something?

On another note, thanks for all the hard work put into this mod. It's amazing how many things you guys have accomplished, things that even the scenarios in the latest expansion haven't been able to mirror. Good job!

These units are a little diffrent. You can not build them but if you have a mage guild in you city and you build an adept you can upgrade it (if you have the techs) to either a mage or a conjure and from there the mage can become a archmage and the conjure becomes a summoner. Your only allowed 3 summoners and 3 archmages (not totally sure about the number. But its a limited amout)

Civkid1991 said:
These units are a little diffrent. You can not build them but if you have a mage guild in you city and you build an adept you can upgrade it (if you have the techs) to either a mage or a conjure and from there the mage can become a archmage and the conjure becomes a summoner. Your only allowed 3 summoners and 3 archmages (not totally sure about the number. But its a limited amout)

That's what I figured, but I have an adept positioned in a city with a mage guild, I have both Summoning and Sorcery, but I can't promote the unit to either a conjurer or a mage.

sakesniper said:
That's what I figured, but I have an adept positioned in a city with a mage guild, I have both Summoning and Sorcery, but I can't promote the unit to either a conjurer or a mage.
They must have reached a certain level to be able to upgrade, level 4 (10xp) I think. They gradually gain xp, so eventually they'll reach the required level without having to involve them in risky fights.

sakesniper said:

Try checking the version your using. That may be the problem.

Edit: Yea srry i put this post before i saw yorgos. He's right. :lol:

Yorgos said:
They must have reached a certain level to be able to upgrade, level 4 (10xp) I think. They gradually gain xp, so eventually they'll reach the required level without having to involve them in risky fights.

Ah, this is what it was. Thanks!

hawkeye72 said:
But Leaves doesn't convert alignment. It's all alignment.

I don't see other's founding religions because I go out of my way to found them first... it slows their spread. Someone else pretty much always gets either Octopus or Veil eventually though.

Are you actively trying to convert the other civs to a neutral or good alignment civ?

Really, I thought leaves would change you to neutral? Anyway, I didn't have the time to play much lately, I was merely speculating on the reason why others didn't see the veil being founded often... cannot say myself if this really is the case...

dreiche2 said:
Really, I thought leaves would change you to neutral? Anyway, I didn't have the time to play much lately, I was merely speculating on the reason why others didn't see the veil being founded often... cannot say myself if this really is the case...

Any alignment can be the Fellowship, its one of their greatest strengths, and what makes it so popular with the AIs. I think of it as the differing aspects of nature, which can be viewed as either a benevolent, balanced, or punishing entity.

The diety the Fellowship worships is neutral and has equal affection for worshipers of any alignment, and sees them all as required parts of a grand whole. Its the whole darwinism kind of concept.

I have only one issue with FFH2. It seems to balanced. There is no period of time when one civ has a bigger advantage over the others in terms of units, etc. The only ones I can think of is Basium and his unique unit and the clan of embers alliance with barbarians. Both though get weak in mid game. I have edit basiums str to 10 to keep him alive longer. He has never survived for too long. They make great allies as long as they dont get his tomb.

Avahz Darkwood said:
I have only one issue with FFH2. It seems to balanced. There is no period of time when one civ has a bigger advantage over the others in terms of units, etc. The only ones I can think of is Basium and his unique unit and the clan of embers alliance with barbarians. Both though get weak in mid game. I have edit basiums str to 10 to keep him alive longer. He has never survived for too long. They make great allies as long as they dont get his tomb.

I wish this was the case but sadly I suspect it is horribly unbalanced.

Some civs are deisgned to play evenly, some are front-loaded, some are back-loaded. Some are geared to go through a significant change, and some aren't.

Examples of civs that "switch gears":

1. When the Calabim get their first vampire.
2. When the Luchurip level up Barnaxus.
3. When the Kuriotates get Eurabatres.
4. When the Clan of Embers builds Wrath Unleashed.
5. When the Hippus get their first Raiders.

The elves can be pretty unbalanced too. While you don't get to choprush (I think), cities in otherwise average positions can become quite the economic and research powerhouses by building cottages in forests. Combine this with Leaves for ancient forests and the cities will grow fast as well.

Ummm... Im not sure if this is a bug or something wrong with my computer but when ever i try to use target spells (charm, domination, rage, rust, and others) they wont work. I tried starting a game and adding in a mage to test this (giving him the right promotions) and the target spells still didn't work. Is there somthing that im doing wrong or is this a bug?

~Civkid~

sakesniper said:
The elves can be pretty unbalanced too. While you don't get to choprush (I think), cities in otherwise average positions can become quite the economic and research powerhouses by building cottages in forests. Combine this with Leaves for ancient forests and the cities will grow fast as well.

But other civs have their own strengths. When you say unbalanced, then you have to compare them to something else... (and keep in mind the AI doesn't really use all the advantages up to now...)

sepuku160 said:
hey kael when do u plan on having Basium as a playable leader?

I think that all of the civ will (at some time in the future) be playable. the only thing that you'll have to do is wait :(

sepuku160 said:
hey kael when do u plan on having Basium as a playable leader?

As the others mentioned, the Mercurians and the Infernals are scheduled to be completed in "Fire". At this point I would suspect neither will be playable (they have some mechanics assigned to them that will make them extremly difficult to balance). But who knows, if we can make them reasonable to play we will do so.

How far are you on this mod?

Top Bottom