BTS Double Your Pleasure?

Omegon3

Prince
OK, I admit that I'm lazy and haven't been through every page of the "mods" for BTS... But so far I haven't seen anything that answers this question.

Has anyone developed a "mod" for BTS yet that comes close to what "Double Your Pleasue" did for Civ 3? I loved the enhancements that DYP did for the game so far as adding technologies (and, no, BTS doesn't really need more technologies -- I always seem to win on culture before ever getting to the end!!) -- but the additional units and buildings were great.

I always thought that there should be more than one unique building/unit per civilization to make them even more unique, but it appears as if "moding" for BTS is a "little" more difficult than for Civ 3. I haven't seen anything (yet!) approaching the type of great units that my fellow players were able to produce for Civ 3 (some of these modders becoming almost legends in their ability to match -- and exceed -- Firaxis' own ability to turn them out).

I know i feel u on this, I use to mob myself in Civ3, tho i never upload the games, was mainly for myself or friends only to try out. I try to mod in Civ4 and from the tutorials looks more complicated :(

unless someone direct me to a real good one that shows me from start!!

You are one of many though you should have probably submitted some of your "mods". Not everyone was at the same level of expertise and there were some not-so-good (I shouldn't comment since I only used what others provided to me!) ones posted.

HOWEVER... I usually took advantage of them all. I took DYP and turned into Triple Your Pleasure for my own use. Almost every civilization had their own unique version of a unit, there must have been 10-15 additional buildings that could be built, and there were quite a few additional National/Great Wonders available. My wife and I spent a LOT of hours deciding on what virtues (and ill effects) each building and wonder should have and which civilizations should have what units. For example, there were so many mythic units that we rarely built normal units since the mythics were almost inevitably stronger. And dragons -- gold, blue, what, black, red -- each with their own strengths. Loved to see knights going up against those fearsome beasts!!

Oh well, it will come in time...

Thats sounds like a good mob!!

On mine Usually would focus on modern times, resources, few buildings and tons tons of units. ALSO the thing i miss the most, able to allow deadly bombarment! i dont know if u remember this option but it was great! the ability to sink ships with my carrier fleets

Yep!! It makes no sense that units such as ships and planes cannot KILL other units. I think, if I remember my wars correctly, that both could do a fairly decent job of leveling cities and killing the population -- including enemy warriors. It's frustrating to have a frigate or battleship setting outside of a city, seeing enemy units rapidly approaching to either defend the city or attack my units, and NOT be able to do anything about them (unless, of course, you have a carrier with some fighters aboard).

Another thing I enjoyed was make a change to permit battleships to carry units such as marines. Doesn't it make sense to allow ships to carry some land units? I'm fairly confident that this has also happened in a few wars...

Top Bottom