[MODULE] Arcane Analyst

jrandrew

Warlord
I have been interested in having a special “Arcane Analyst” commander unit. This unit has limited casting abilities itself – limited to Channelling I – but can give a good boost to other arcane units when it commands them. It has a whole new range of Arcane Commander promotions, and also can give a mild boost to most other units that are associated to it for +20% magic resistance.

This unit can be promoted from a Level 6 Mage, and requires both a library and a Mage’s guild. The intention is to restrict it to the more literate, magical, wizardous civs. Basically, no Doviello, no Archos, no Chislev, that sort of thing. When you promote the unit, it should lose any Channelling II or III spell spheres; this unit is intended to be a helper unit, not a powerful spellcaster on its own. You get to choose to have an Archmage or an Arcane Analyst, not both!

The unit receives “Arcane Mentor I”, “Magic Resistance”, and “Channeling I” automatically (although you should already have the last one if you promoted from a Mage, but I am interested in developing a couple of alternate promotion paths in the future.) The unit can only defend, and has a defense strength of 5.

Most of the new promotions created are restricted to the Arcane Analyst, regular Great Commanders are prohibited from this sort of extensive magical research.

New Commander/Minion Promotions for Adepts:

1. Arcane Detachment I and II. Grants Summons Training I and II. Acts like Spell Extension I and II for summons for Arcane units.
2. Wizardous Trainer I through V. Grants Wizardous Training I through V. Each level grants an additional Spell Damage modification of +5, lowers enemy magic resistance by 10, and increases the caster’s magic resistance by 10.
3. Arcane Mentor II now is restricted to Arcane Analysts.

Commander/Minion Promotions for most unitcombats:

1. Magical Lore – grants the equivalent of Magic Resistance to attached units.
2. Bodyguard – Allows attaching a Melee unit as an anti-marksman bodyguard to the Arcane Analyst to help prevent assassination. +100% resistance to marksmen to the attached Melee unit.

Other fun promotions:

1. Magical Lair I through V. Auto-acquired by the Arcane Analyst as they get older, this grants additional shielding and potency to whatever city the Analyst resides in. The theme is that a really old experienced wizard provides additional protection to his lair and the city around it. As he gets ever-older and acquires more knowledge, he continues to provide more protection.
2. Respected, Admired, and Worshipped Sorcerer. If you are running Scholarship, as your Arcane Analyst gets older he provides additional bonuses to his home city in the form of happiness and trade routes.

This is a very rough alpha, I have pretty much ignored the art and help text, etc., but I am interested in feedback!

Attachments

• ArcaneAnalyst.zip
    17.5 KB · Views: 98
Top Bottom