Hearts of Iron...

cgannon64

BOB DYLAN'S ROCKIN OUT!
Anyone else have or played this game? I got it for my birthday yesterday, and I have mixed feelings about it. It seems to be amazingly in-depth (you can time your battles and airstrikes, everything from weather to morale effects battles, etc). When I was playing it, I got the feeling that there was so many untapped features I wasn't using. My main problem with the game is the interface and it overall. The interface could have been better, because right now its ver confusing and disorienting. I also hate how it doesn't auto-pause when you get a popup box. The game is pretty confusing, on the whole. It feels like an TBS, but its an RTS. The downside of it being an RTS is that it can be hard to control everything at once, but the good part of it being an RTS is how you can control attacks down the tiniest detail (an example of an attack I did: air strike at 8am for about 3 hours, and then a quick blitz with Panzers at 11am, followed by an infantry entrance at 2pm...pretty cool!). However, the game involves ALOT of pausing and unpausing. I usually pause at the start, let it run for an ingame day, then pause and give orders again...pretty similar to a TBS.

So, what do you people think of this game? My overall impression was that it has a huge learning curve, but once you get over the clunky interface and some aspects of it, its a great indepth WW2 game. It does give one aspect of war realistically: the confusion and overwhelming that some commanders must have felt! :p

CG

Be sure to have the latest patch (I think it's 1.02), do ALL the tutorial and read the FAQ HERE

It will be clear after that, at least it was for me ;)

Top Bottom