Hotseat is coming soon

Hotseat is something I'll never use but I guess it will make all the guys happy who want to play Civ5 with their girlfriend. I can think of things I'd rather do with my girlfriend than take turns at Civ. :p

Do they have diminishing marginal utility? One does need change-ups now and then based on that principle. Sometimes, it's fun to masterfully bait the AI into doing stupid things.

While is is welcome news that we will be getting Hotseat, celebrating it and pumping up 2K's tire's is a little strange. This feature, which has been included in Civ games since Civ 2 PTW, really should've been in the game from day 1.

While is is welcome news that we will be getting Hotseat, celebrating it and pumping up 2K's tire's is a little strange. This feature, which has been included in Civ games since Civ 2 PTW, really should've been in the game from day 1.

PTW was civ 3, but yeah.

Is it going to be like a single player game or multiplayer? I mean will the AI actually contact you and make deals. If not, than i cant understand why anyone would be rejoicing. I play mulptiplayer almost every night with a few friends, and i can say with all certainty that its not as much fun as single play. Even on immortal the AI seems incompotent and the game itself feels bland at best. Dont get me wrong playing with a few friends can be nice.
Just saying, if you have been playing single player this whole time and just now decided to play hotseat with a friend you might be very disappointed as there is a big difference between the two. Better to actually fix multiplayer before you give out more ways to play it.

Of course. The problem was that Civilization 5 was released far, far, far too early. At least a year if not two years too early.

So, although hotseat is cool and I liked the feature in previous Civs, this is not anything to jump up and down about. It should have been in the original game but 2K Games' shareholders needed to be placated and those year end reports had to look good.

this is lost on me, as I don't see how playing a TBS with other people, on the SAME pc is any fun. I mean you see what they're doing, what they're planning, unless your playing a team game. Still, this just isn't the kind of game I play multiplayer on, but to each his own.

I love Hotseat because you play in the same room as your friends. We always play on the same team, against the AI, you can watch movies while you play and it adds a social aspect to the game instead of just playing online.

I hope there will be battle animations at the hotseat mode i heared that there werent battle animations in multiplayer I kinde like those animations and you know at least what happens

Do anybody know if there are battle animations for hot seat yet? I guess sow because it is just a single player setup but with humans

It's separate small program. When You run it, it's like a dedicated game server. If You have PC, that it's available online 24h/day, You can run a game this way. It's a bit like PBEM, but people don't have to send saves. They just login to server, and do their turns.

I just hope, when pitboss comes, it will be available for linux, because that's the only way i could host game server.

So am I right to assume Pitboss would be mod compatible?

It's separate small program. When You run it, it's like a dedicated game server. If You have PC, that it's available online 24h/day, You can run a game this way. It's a bit like PBEM, but people don't have to send saves. They just login to server, and do their turns.

I just hope, when pitboss comes, it will be available for linux, because that's the only way i could host game server.

Does anyone know if it works for mac?

Everything with mac has to be ported over by aspyr. From what I've seen with civ5, they are typically a month or 2 behind vs the windows releases.

Top Bottom