Rhye's of Civilization: the fastest loading mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
600 AD and counting... ca 7-8 minutes loading time... finished this week, i hope... :sad:
How anyone could endure playing such a map is beyond my comprehension. :confused:

Yes, i do... i try on my pc, it doesn seems to be faster than the rest of the mods...

The results in the first page are true.

Try a 256x256 Earth map with 31 civs in the same time. Reach 1400AD, then tell me if it is bearable....
This mod is much faster than other EARTH mods.
If you are still convinced...well, you probably have a computer from NASA.

Where is the conquest version?

Later

HOT

PS... Im seeing faster load times from less civs in my experiments and Ive seen a civ player get destroyed completely but was still alive ...LOL... I love that and wish it was always so so I couold Libierate countries..LOL!

Update:
I've written all the new things in Civilopedia and written the readme.
The last thing is I'm doing is balancing tech weights with timeline.
When this is done and Iztvan work's done, I'll wait for Thunderfall to give me an account for the ftp (better putting only one file instead of splitting many confusing parts)

Yeah ! :soldier:

Yes to World War !

Originally posted by Rhye
... and Iztvan work's done, ...

Status report 1030AD:
- turn length approx 20 minutes.
- 1030ad to 1400ad = 52 turns
- 52 turns * 20 min = 17h 20min

So, hopefully I'll be finished this weekend :D unless turns start getting much longer :rolleyes:

700MHZ AMD Duron, 128 MB. A bit old, haven't done any "cleaning" in a while, so yeah ypur's probably a bit faster.

Upploading 1300bc, 150ad and 1110ad (that's as far as I've come):

1300bc
150ad
1110ad

If You find that you're much faster than 20 minutes at 1110ad, then maybe I'm wasting my time on this computer? If you're not that much faster, just let me know, and I'll keep going.

Please keep going on with it. It's faster on my PC, but not that much and I'm doing the same thing with my mod: lots of games (or better, just press enter) to see what's to be balanced. So if I do one thing I can't to the other one.

Instead, I need a native english speaker to check if everything's allright in the new readme.doc
If here there's nobody, I'll post a thread in Creation&Customization forum

So, i reached 1400ad today. The last turn loaded at somewhat more than 40 minutes. :lol:

1400ad

I'm looking forward to the finished mod. Let me know if you need any help with anything.

LOL!

The peak should be in 1600 ca. Then, sooner or later a world war explodes and cuts some civs and cities. (I'll write this in the readme)

I'm in 1950 A.D. of my last test game. I hope to reach the end tomorrow morning. Then, I'll look for Thunderfall on ICQ for posting.

Many thanks! Your work is complete and mine soon will be, too!

"What happened to the post war dream?"

Attachments

• postwar75.jpg
    postwar75.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 229
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom