Ekmek's Civ5 Leaderscene Gallery

leader-editing? like personalities?

I got it in game and its actually a lot like civ4 leader modding.

No, I don't mean the personalities, but the graphics and animations. I'm glad to see you've actually managed to make two leaders work. I'll be following this thread to see what else you'll come up with.

So, I had everything set up like it said, started a game as Tibet, and as soon as I found Musa, Civ V crashed. He appeared for a millisecond, then bam, black screen. Any idea what might have caused it?

Man, that Gandhi is a messed up model! Half his nose and lips are cut out as separate objects on his face. Then his body is chopped up in a bunch of places. I haven't seen that on other civ5 or civ4 leaders.

But I got the glasses off and the transparency of the mustache so it should be easier to retexture. I included the new model mapped to all the current textures. I also included 3 DDS extracts that you can retexture and then using nexusbuddy you can assign them in the materials section.

I haven't tested it in game so please post any issues (with screenshots). snap shot of what I can import and export. I know you don't work with blender so if you want something in a format you can work with then export to something I can import then make in to gr2 I can give it a shot. But I think you should try blender its pretty easy to use (yeah, yeah I've been doing it for 7 years but still)
Also I attached a

Thanks again for doing this last year. The leader in-game was completely messed-up, I'm afraid - it was more-or-less just showing vertices without any skin (unless, of course, I'm doing something wrong!) I've tried again, but to no avail. Is there any help you can give me please?

Looks good. I am planning on maybe making my own civs with your leaders (especially Israel, I would like to make a more accurate civ). I also have my own ideas for Australia. So I'm looking forward to the Australian leader too!

Thanks again for doing this last year. The leader in-game was completely messed-up, I'm afraid - it was more-or-less just showing vertices without any skin (unless, of course, I'm doing something wrong!) I've tried again, but to no avail. Is there any help you can give me please?

Rob, I think I just posted the gr2 but didn't assign any of the meshes since I thought you were editing them (step 10 here). Have you used texmod to extract ghandi's meshes yet?

Parkes Beta in this post:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13148496&postcount=1064

Ok, here is the test. The rar is set up for your top mod folder. So the modinfo file should go in there ( I changed the title and version to 3 so it stands out) you don't have to delete v2 just make sure you select v3 when you load the mod

the 3D Parkes folder has to be at the same level as Art, Civ, units, etc folders. The scene.xml file for some reason doesn't work if its in a folder of folder of folder (i.e. if you put 3D Parkes folder in the Art folder it won't work. Lost a lot of time debugging that one).

To be sure make sure your folder structure matches what I have in the modinfo folder.

I know about the animation not firing (see bottom picture) and two "pointing" vertices under the arms (I fixed them just now) but please post anything you find during the course of the game and please include the attitude so I can see where it shows.

Thanks and Enjoy!

Parkes at war face (the lighting makes him look redder by coincidence):

This is what I mean on the animation. It skips one. I think bismarck might have another fxsxml file or something.

Well, I'll try to find some time to test your leaders myself. Your creations are a good reason for me to get into Civ V modding. I hope it is not too different from Civ IV...
Are you planning to do more leaders?

Top Bottom